Windows 10: Put processes that consume a lot of resource on the top of the list in Task Mananger

Discus and support Put processes that consume a lot of resource on the top of the list in Task Mananger in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; A main use of Task Manager is to find which program is consuming resources. Now we need to sort by CPU/sort by Disk/sort By network to find the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by pz2k, May 6, 2019.

1. pz2k Win User

Put processes that consume a lot of resource on the top of the list in Task Mananger

A main use of Task Manager is to find which program is consuming resources. Now we need to sort by CPU/sort by Disk/sort By network to find the problem. Its better if list all the huge resource consuming programs at the top of the list what ever the resource is so we don't need to sort in most cases.

:)

pz2k, May 6, 2019
  2. RickyG512 Win User

Codemasters Releases Colin McRae: DIRT Xbox 360/PC Demo

i click icon and get loading sybol for 2 seconds and then nothing

went to task mananger and saw it in process list and end tasked it

RickyG512, May 6, 2019
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    System and compressed memory background process persistently consuming high CPU resources

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Please answer these questions to get more clarity on this issue:

1. Did you make any changes to your computer prior to this issue?

2. Which anti-virus program is installed on the PC?

High CPU usage occurs for various reasons, for example: virus/malware infections, out-of-date drivers, anti-virus programs or other third-party programs, etc;

Method 1: Windows has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with system. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your System
    Maintenance.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the System Maintenance troubleshooter

Method 2: Check if the issue resolves in
    Safe Mode.

Refer this article to boot to safe mode:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/change-startup-settings-in-windows-10#v1h=tab01

Steps to reduce the CPU usage.

1-Press "Ctrl," "Shift," and "Esc" on your keyboard. This brings up the task manager without any intermediary screen.

2-Click the "Processes" button on the task manager.

3-Click the "CPU" column header until the arrow next to the label points down.

4-Right-click a program you recognize that uses a high percentage of the CPU and click "End Process." Click "End Process" to reconfirm. This eases up on the CPU's load. Use this step if you're not using a process or if the process has stopped responding. Do
    not use this procedure for windows processes.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Thanks.

Pavan_N, May 6, 2019
  4. Velcro Win User

Put processes that consume a lot of resource on the top of the list in Task Mananger

Codemasters Releases Colin McRae: DIRT Xbox 360/PC Demo

exactly what happens to me

Velcro, May 6, 2019
Thema:

1. Put processes that consume a lot of resource on the top of the list in Task Mananger - Similar Threads - Put processes consume

2. Lots of search processes in task manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lots of search processes in task manager: Not sure if this is an update. Screenshot below: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lots-of-search-processes-in-task-manager/4dbc5dcb-7443-45e4-8bee-647ec0515527
  3. Lots of search processes in task manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lots of search processes in task manager: Not sure if this is an update. Screenshot below: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lots-of-search-processes-in-task-manager/4dbc5dcb-7443-45e4-8bee-647ec0515527
  4. Process in task manager "System" using a lot of resources making the PC extremely slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Process in task manager "System" using a lot of resources making the PC extremely slow: I would honestly love to know why this is happening.Everytime I turn on my PC, it's so slow that I have to check the task manager everytime and start killing tasks that are using too many resources. "System" is one of them, but I can't kill it because it's a critical task....
  5. Process in task manager "System" using a lot of resources making the PC extremely slow

Process in task manager "System" using a lot of resources making the PC extremely slow: I would honestly love to know why this is happening.Everytime I turn on my PC, it's so slow that I have to check the task manager everytime and start killing tasks that are using too many resources. "System" is one of them, but I can't kill it because it's a critical task....
  6. MsMpEng.exe consumes a lot of resources

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    MsMpEng.exe consumes a lot of resources: Hi guys ive had it with this defender MpMsENG.exe . its a very frustrating exe to deal with . Ive done several things with it , as per this group suggestions , and the solutions are all temporary at best as inevitably thus stupid file returns and starts messing the CPU usage...
  7. Widows defender scan is consuming lots of resources

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Widows defender scan is consuming lots of resources: Windows defender's scan named as "Anti-malware service executable" simply is consuming a lot of resources and is constantly running in the background. And further, if we do a manual full scan if just peeking the CPU usage I have a i5-10th gen- upper midrange, just imagine the...
  8. Widows defender scan is consuming lots of resources

Widows defender scan is consuming lots of resources: Windows defender's scan named as "Anti-malware service executable" simply is consuming a lot of resources and is constantly running in the background. And further, if we do a manual full scan if just peeking the CPU usage I have a i5-10th gen- upper midrange, just imagine the...
  9. Svchost.exe no Name of Processes in Task Mananger

in Windows 10 Customization
    Svchost.exe no Name of Processes in Task Mananger: I opened task manager and all svchost processes are blank with no name. No viruses, and no real problem yet, but still strange.[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/svchostexe-no-name-of-processes-in-task-mananger/efd7c5ee-d6bd-47d7-b985-5f62c07b9607
  10. Windows Update consuming lots of resources,and not able to do updates as well

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update consuming lots of resources,and not able to do updates as well: I have windows 10 running on a dell latitude 5490. everytime I wake laptop from sleep windows update is consuming a lot of resources(pfa screen grab).[ATTACH] when I go to check for updates , there is no update history, last check date is November 2018 and if I try to...