Windows 10: Put the senders email address next to the display name in Office 365

Discus and support Put the senders email address next to the display name in Office 365 in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; This question has been asked in several forums but the only working answers involved using an add-in that creates more problems than it solves. This is... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by questorfla, Dec 5, 2019.

1. Put the senders email address next to the display name in Office 365

This question has been asked in several forums but the only working answers involved using an add-in that creates more problems than it solves. This is for people using Desktop Outlook 2016(2019). I tried the custom add-in "form" but this results in most of our email displaying the full exchange server address (x500) for legit people too. Only a small percentage of the email is 'spoofed' and the legit emails show the 30 character exchange field which gets messy.
    I just need those coming from email addresses outside our domain that say From: John Doe (and John Doe works here)
    with his email address being <kalamazoo.fake @ email.cx)

In that case i need everyone to know it isn't OUR John Doe. I tried to come up with a rule that would print the fake ones in red but could never come up with the right mix of conditions to only highlight the email IF the sender's was inside our domain but the email was sent from outside our domain.

We do have spoofing filters in place on the Exchange server the are supposed to cover exactly this circumstance but we STILL manage to get several of these and invariably one of the employees falls for it and replies even when they should notice that they are replying to John Doe < kalamazoo.fake @ email.cx> in the email which plainly shows in the reply.

Does anyone have or know of a way to catch these or make them so evident that no one can miss it.?
    I was never sure Why MS stopped showing the sender's email address beside the display name but they did and without it in plain view, there will always be someone who will not notice otherwise. An Outlook rule to check all incoming mail and display in Red any where the display name matches that of one of our employees that where the sender's email address does NOT include our domain.

For the few times that John Doe sends email from his GMail account it would be worth the extra Red. Put the senders email address next to the display name in Office 365 :)

:)

questorfla, Dec 5, 2019

2. W10 Mail App displays sender as "name(at)outlook.com ON BEHALF OF name(at)mydomain.nl"

This problem presents itself in the Windows 10 Mail app and does not show up on Outlook.com

I use Outlook.com in combination with a connected account name(at)mydomain.nl

Since last december there has been a change in the way the Mail app is displaying the sender address.

Before Christmas it would just state: "name(at)mydomain.nl"

After Christmas the Mail app displays the sender as "name(at)outlook.com on behalf of name(at)mydomain.nl"

At oulook.com

• I have deleted my connected accounts and re-installed them again.
    • I have also set and reset the Default sender address a number of times.
    • With little improvement.

I suspect that the W10 Mail app is be a bit off in displaying the original sender address where it should show the return address like other mail clients do.

Stephan Paternotte, Dec 5, 2019
  3. CaroleBrooks57, Dec 5, 2019
  4. K-Loader Win User

Put the senders email address next to the display name in Office 365

Inbound email--can't determine sender email address

If I receive an email from someone listed in my contacts that I have more than one email address listed for, I can't tell which of the addresses the email originated at. Only the contact display name shows.
    Even when I select reply, just the display name of the contact is in the email address field. Does anyone know how to display the email address? Thanks.

Dan C

K-Loader, Dec 5, 2019
Thema:

Put the senders email address next to the display name in Office 365

1. Put the senders email address next to the display name in Office 365 - Similar Threads - Put senders email

2. Associate new email address with paid Office 365 subscription

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Associate new email address with paid Office 365 subscription: I have recently subscribed to Office 365 family and was using my own plusnet email address. However I could not get my plusnet address to work with outlook and plusnet are discontinuing their email service soon anyway. So I decided to set up a new outlook email address....
  3. Associate new email address with paid Office 365 subscription

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Associate new email address with paid Office 365 subscription: I have recently subscribed to Office 365 family and was using my own plusnet email address. However I could not get my plusnet address to work with outlook and plusnet are discontinuing their email service soon anyway. So I decided to set up a new outlook email address....
  4. Associate new email address with paid Office 365 subscription

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. Obsolete email address in Office 365 account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Obsolete email address in Office 365 account: I recently set up an Outlook.com account for my wife. Somehow in the process, it connected to an obsolete email address. When I add the Outlook email address to Outlook, it connects to and displays the old email address and connects to all the old data files. And the old...
  6. Mail displays wrong sender address from forwarded email

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mail displays wrong sender address from forwarded email: I set up my foxmail account to forward emails to the outlook account, but the in Windows Mail, the sender email address is weird. It looks like it is some auto-forwarding account. When I click replay, it does recognize the actual sender email. Just not displaying it in the...
  7. Underscores in email address. postmaster changed to office 365

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Underscores in email address. postmaster changed to office 365: I can no longer send emails to address that has an underscore in it. The postmaster that can't find the address and denies the message has changed to office 365 I don't have office 365 on my computer or use it The same thing happens on my mobile phone...
  8. Ordering, putting in name and address

in Windows 10 Customization
    Ordering, putting in name and address: When I start to order something from a company, with my name and address, my desktop Windows 10 goes directly back to the home page with Icons every time. I cannot order, subscribe or anything. As soon as I type my first initial of my name....
  9. Gettting email with strange characters in senders address

in Browsers and Email
    Gettting email with strange characters in senders address: Recently I have been getting many ads in my junk folder from senders with strange characters in their address: Example : The sender's address would be something like ÿÞ* < anyname @anydomain.com> where * could be any letter like V, S or T . The body of the email looks like...
  10. Office 365 Program Icons not Displayed Next to Files

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Office 365 Program Icons not Displayed Next to Files: Hi, I got a new computer for work, synced up Dropbox folders and files, and then, installed Office 365. None of my Office files in Dropbox show the appropriate Office icon next to the file (Word, Excel, etc.) If I click a file, it opens with the right Office program,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. office365 rule if the sender display name exist in