Windows 10: Put Word doc list in abc order

Discus and support Put Word doc list in abc order in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; How do I change a Word 2013 doc. list into abc order 160103 Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by editman99, Jul 7, 2020.

1. editman99 Win User

Put Word doc list in abc order

How do I change a Word 2013 doc. list into abc order

:)

editman99, Jul 7, 2020
  2. Farvatten Win User

Attaching files issue, they are not in abc order when searching

I think you've sorted by TYPE. I can recreate that scenario by sorting on 'Type'. Sort by 'Name' is what you want and is being suggested by @Paul Black.

The Groups of 'Types' then get sorted ABC like your seeing with you're folders ending in 'ZOOM'

Put Word doc list in abc order [​IMG]

Farvatten, Jul 7, 2020
  3. editman99 Win User
    Attaching files issue, they are not in abc order when searching

When I view the Documents folder, all the folders and files in it are listed in abc order.The issue in question here only happens when i visit the doc folder to search for a file to attach to an email.I do not know how to sort the folder in ordinary circumstances let alone when I am in the process of searching for a file to attach.(If that is what you meant)

editman99, Jul 7, 2020
  4. Fred22 Win User

Put files in firefox folders in abc order

With the help of someone on this forum, I finally got all my folders in alphabetical order, now for the files. I know that you can click on "sort by name" and the files will be in alphabetical order, but is there a way to keep them in order? It seems to me that on my desktop running Windows Vista, that I was able somehow to keep my files in ABC order. Is this possible?

Fred22, Jul 7, 2020
Thema:

1. Put Word doc list in abc order - Similar Threads - Put Word doc

2. Attaching files issue, they are not in abc order when searching

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Attaching files issue, they are not in abc order when searching: How do I correct the fact that when I search for a file to save as an attachment, the folders in my document folder are in ABC order but the files are not. This takes a lot of time having to go through all the individual files to find the file I want to attach .I use Word...
  3. Word docs

in Windows 10 Customization
    Word docs: all my docs have changed to wordpad - i need word - how do i change them all back to word https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/word-docs/14b35def-7d81-4b36-a574-49820a43b449
  4. opening a word doc

in Windows 10 Customization
    opening a word doc: since purchasing and installing Adobe, When I open a document in word i have about 3 signs coming up - eg: File not found: /Library/Application Support/Adobe/MACPDFM/MacPDFM.framework/Versions/A/MacPDFM How do I stop this?...
  5. word docs

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    word docs: I just renewed my $99 subscription, and yet I still can NOT access my MSWord docs to edit. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/word-docs/4c72539b-d66b-48de-afbc-94febd147180
  6. Lost Word Doc

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lost Word Doc: I think I just deleted my address book from Word 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-word-doc/a0657285-f937-4b2c-98f8-1bc8b30fc70b"
  7. Converting a TXT doc into a Word doc?

Converting a TXT doc into a Word doc?: How do I convert a text doc into a word doc? Thanks- LB https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_tools/converting-a-txt-doc-into-a-word-doc/d8192142-066d-49d9-b2ee-c5098ea28b03
  8. how to open this doc as word doc?

how to open this doc as word doc?: This document was originally opened as a notepad document, so it opens that way always. I would like to change it to a Word document. Is that possible?...
  9. A way to get the files in firefox folders to stay in abc order

in Browsers and Email
    A way to get the files in firefox folders to stay in abc order: I may have asked this question before...can't remember. Someone on this forum helped me get my Firefox folders alphabetized. Now I'm wondering if there's a way to get the files in those folders to STAY in alphabetical order. I know you can click "sort by name" and they will...
  10. Put files in firefox folders in abc order

in Browsers and Email
    Put files in firefox folders in abc order: With the help of someone on this forum, I finally got all my folders in alphabetical order, now for the files. I know that you can click on "sort by name" and the files will be in alphabetical order, but is there a way to keep them in order? It seems to me that on my desktop...