Windows 10: Putting all my system files in one folder

Discus and support Putting all my system files in one folder in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi, I would like to ask is it okay to have all system files in one folder, the system files are examples like XML Document that comes out from nowhere... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Billy_986, Aug 16, 2022.

1. Billy_986 Win User

Putting all my system files in one folder

Hi, I would like to ask is it okay to have all system files in one folder, the system files are examples like XML Document that comes out from nowhere where it appears in my Local Disk C itself and Registration Entries type files for examples as NvContainerRecovery......... which also appears in my Local Disk C itself. I have decided to drag all these files into one folder to make my Local Disk C looks clean, does it make my window crashed or will anything happens to my Windows OS or my Laptop. Thanks!

:)

Billy_986, Aug 16, 2022
  2. Frogger Win User

?? How do I PW protect Folders in windows

hmmm?
    Sharing files and folders overview You can share the files and folders stored on your computer, on a network, and on the Web. The method you choose depends on whom you want to share files with, and what computer they will use to access the files.

When you share files or folders, they are not as protected as they are when you do not share them. People with access to your computer or your network might be able to read, copy, or change files that are in a shared folder. You should always be aware that the files and folders that you share are available to other people and be sure to monitor your shared files and folders on a regular basis.

Important

If your computer is not joined to a domain, you can use the Network Setup Wizard to automatically turn file and printer sharing on or off. To start the Network Setup Wizard, click Start, click Control Panel, click Network and Internet Connections, and then click Network Setup Wizard.
    If you both use the same computer

You can put the files you want to share in the Shared Documents folder. Files stored in the Shared Documents folder or its subfolders are always available to other users on your computer.

Step-by-step procedure
    Note

If you are connected to a network domain, the Shared Documents, Shared Pictures, and Shared Music folders are not available.
    If both computers are on the same network

You can share a folder or drive on your computer with others on the network. You can also control whether the files in the shared folder can be modified by other users.

If your computer is connected to a network domain, use this procedure:

Step-by-step procedure
    If your computer is connected to a workgroup, use this procedure:

Step-by-step procedure
    Note

If you are connected to a network domain, you will need to set the Access control for the folder or drive after sharing it. For more information, go to To set, view, change, or remove file and folder permissions.
    If you want to share your files online

You can publish pictures and documents on the Web using the Web Publishing Wizard. The files will be stored in a private, online folder that you manage.

Step-by-step procedure

If you don't want others to access your files

You can prevent other users from accessing your folders and the files they contain. When your computer is connected to a domain, this is called setting permissions for your file or folder. When your computer is connected to a workgroup, this is called making your folders private.

If your computer is connected to a network domain, use this procedure:

Step-by-step procedure
    If your computer is connected to a workgroup, use this procedure:

Step-by-step procedure

'HELP' it can be your friend *Smile Putting all my system files in one folder :)

Frogger, Aug 16, 2022
  3. Resolved duplicate system folder issue

Denis,
    I apologize for taking so long to respond. I went through each suggested step. 1 - I agree with finding the address being easier your way, and will look into changing that. 2 - I put the system files into the Quick access column as you suggested, but actually after I completed step 3. I removed the "desktop" system folder per the instructions, and found that I had a second desktop sys folder still--the one with the downloads arrow as an icon. I ran the removal program a second time, but it would not remove it. My feelings are that I now have just one functioning desktop sys folder, but only with the wrong icon. I tried to change it, but there was no option in Properties. This takes care of step 5 - I did the same with the downloads sys folder and removed and reinstalled it, just in case the desktop and downloads folders were connected somehow. It restored the correct downloads sys folder in the Users folder and it let me put it in the Quick access bar, but, oddly enough, it wouldn't show up in This PC. Really, not a problem. Yes, in Properties, it has a Locations tab that leads me back to the Users folder. I've never in 30 years of working with netbooks, laptops, and PC's had this problem. Odd. I'm good with this fix thus far and maybe will look into getting that icon fixed. Thank you immensely for helping me get rid of the double desktop folder. That was confusing. Thanks again. Cindi
    KeithM,
    With all of the things that Denis had me try and what you see that I am left with now, do you have and suggestions for my one remaining issue of the downloads icon on the desktop folder? If not, please accept my sincere gratitude for your suggestions and time. This was one I'd never experienced before. Thank you very much. Cindi

Ken Cindi G, Aug 16, 2022
  4. Putting all my system files in one folder

how to turn OFF EFS - Encrypting File System for files e folder

thanks for fast reply.

i followed your suggested steps, but there is a new problem.

When i try rename a file just created i receive erroe "files of folder not exit"

:\

blueskyler, Aug 16, 2022
Thema:

Putting all my system files in one folder

1. Putting all my system files in one folder - Similar Threads - Putting system files

2. Put All Sub-Folders in Large Icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Put All Sub-Folders in Large Icons: I have this situation. I have a file folder that has many subfolders, and they are all in the "Details" organization/view mode. But I want all of them to be as "Large Icons", and it is extremely annoying and slow, having to enter EACH one of them to change. Is there any way...
  3. Put All Sub-Folders in Large Icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Put All Sub-Folders in Large Icons: I have this situation. I have a file folder that has many subfolders, and they are all in the "Details" organization/view mode. But I want all of them to be as "Large Icons", and it is extremely annoying and slow, having to enter EACH one of them to change. Is there any way...
  4. Put All Sub-Folders in Large Icons

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. My computer put all of my photos into one folder all, 25,000 of them. Help!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer put all of my photos into one folder all, 25,000 of them. Help!: I was uploading photos from my iphone to my PC and somehow every single photo not file on my PC has gone into one folder. There are 25,000 photos and I had them separated into separate folders for different things and dates. I was using Microsoft photos to do it. I am running...
  6. My computer put all of my photos into one folder all, 25,000 of them. Help!

My computer put all of my photos into one folder all, 25,000 of them. Help!: I was uploading photos from my iphone to my PC and somehow every single photo not file on my PC has gone into one folder. There are 25,000 photos and I had them separated into separate folders for different things and dates. I was using Microsoft photos to do it. I am running...
  7. i put my desktop folder on my users one

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i put my desktop folder on my users one: so i was moving my files to do some work but then i accidentally moved my desktop file to the app data one, i tried to move the location to my user file but instead it went to the user file and now i can’t do nothing what should i do? i tried to put it in my user file and now...
  8. i put my desktop folder on my users one

i put my desktop folder on my users one: so i was moving my files to do some work but then i accidentally moved my desktop file to the app data one, i tried to move the location to my user file but instead it went to the user file and now i can’t do nothing what should i do? i tried to put it in my user file and now...
  9. Putting all my system files in one folder

Putting all my system files in one folder: Hi, I would like to ask is it okay to have all system files in one folder, the system files are examples like XML Document that comes out from nowhere where it appears in my Local Disk C itself and Registration Entries type files for examples as NvContainerRecovery............
  10. accidently put my game file in wpsystem folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    accidently put my game file in wpsystem folder: I have accidentally put my file of the game in wpsystem folder and I can't move it out from it. please help me to get it out' https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/accidently-put-my-game-file-in-wpsystem-folder/075922b3-b9aa-419f-92a7-1f863325f799