Windows 10: putting apps icnons on desktop

Discus and support putting apps icnons on desktop in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; how do I put an app on my desktop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ClaireCollum, Aug 11, 2020.

1. putting apps icnons on desktop

how do I put an app on my desktop

:)

ClaireCollum, Aug 11, 2020

2. Desktop Icons Won't Stay Put

Hi Laurie,

As per the issue description I understand that you are facing issues with desktop icons.

I suggest you try the following step in order to arrange the icons.

• Right click on the desktop.
    • Click on view
    • Check the option auto arrange icons.
    Let us know if this helps.

Thanks.

Divya Murugan, Aug 11, 2020
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    after putting my desktop to sleep the mouse and keyboard are no longer active

Hi Cal,

Outdated drivers may be one of the possible causes why your mouse and keyboard is not working after putting your desktop from sleep. To assist you better, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you tried updating your drivers?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you check for the latest update for the drivers.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Aug 11, 2020
  4. Yolvi Ell Win User

putting apps icnons on desktop

Dragging apps to desktop for shortcuys

Hi Lance,

It's possible that some settings are preventing you from adding shortcuts to the desktop. We'd like to learn more about your concern so that we could provide the proper resolution. We just have a few questions for you:

• Which build version of Windows 10 is on your computer? To check, click
      Start
      , type winver, and press Enter. For example, 14393.1066.
    • Does this happen when you try dragging all apps to the desktop, or just a specific app?
    • Are you using an administrator account?
    • Is your computer connected to a private domain?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

As an initial recommendation, we suggest following these steps as a workaround:

• Right-click on any empty part of the desktop.
    • Click New > Shortcut.
    • Navigate to the folder location of the app you want and select it.
    • Click OK.

We look forward to your response and the result of the initial troubleshooting.

Yolvi Ell, Aug 11, 2020
Thema:

putting apps icnons on desktop

1. putting apps icnons on desktop - Similar Threads - putting apps icnons

2. how to put store apps on desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to put store apps on desktop: just want to know how to make shortcuts on desktop from store apps https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-put-store-apps-on-desktop/a307069c-9c03-46a3-8582-05113f71cb9a
  3. how to put store apps on desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to put store apps on desktop: just want to know how to make shortcuts on desktop from store apps https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-put-store-apps-on-desktop/a307069c-9c03-46a3-8582-05113f71cb9a
  4. Cannot put apps onto my desktop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot put apps onto my desktop?: I'm on windows 11, and I'm aware that you cannot drag and drop to the task bar anymore, however I cannot put any apps onto my desktop either?The only apps my computer will allow to be on desktop at the moment are, Office, Google Chrome, and Origin. I used to use windows...
  5. Cannot put apps onto my desktop?

Cannot put apps onto my desktop?: I'm on windows 11, and I'm aware that you cannot drag and drop to the task bar anymore, however I cannot put any apps onto my desktop either?The only apps my computer will allow to be on desktop at the moment are, Office, Google Chrome, and Origin. I used to use windows...
  6. Put icons from desktop to monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Put icons from desktop to monitor: What does it take to transfer icons from desktop to attached monitor? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/put-icons-from-desktop-to-monitor/f7501e15-050c-4f03-9716-839d2ac11189
  7. How do I put apps on my desktop?

How do I put apps on my desktop?: For so long I have been wondering how I put apps on my desktop and I searched it up and only got wafflewaffle means rubbish if you're wondering so I have come here to ask how to do it and to be honest I don't have much hope that the community can help me after my last problem...
  8. Put Calendar on Desktop

Put Calendar on Desktop: Is there a way to put a calendar on my desktop? The instructions I followed did not really do the trick. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/put-calendar-on-desktop/bed9b3ca-1460-427d-a805-4335ec7860c3
  9. How to put shortcuts to websites on the desktop?

How to put shortcuts to websites on the desktop?: Does anyone know how to do this? With Internet Explorer you simply dragged the site icon in the title bar to the desktop, but I can't seem to do this with Edge.*Sad 11027
  10. Put image on desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Put image on desktop: I'd like to place an image on the desktop. Not an Icon, not the background, just an image. Like a gadget but inactive. Maybe in a window if the window has no header or borders. Oversized icon? 77984