Windows 10: Putting cortana/search button on taskbar

Discus and support Putting cortana/search button on taskbar in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; The past year i personalized entirely my desktop, so to keep things clean, i deactivated all buttons, but somehow i managed to put a shortcut button to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DraxTrem127, Dec 21, 2018.

1. Putting cortana/search button on taskbar

The past year i personalized entirely my desktop, so to keep things clean, i deactivated all buttons, but somehow i managed to put a shortcut button to the search box in my taskbar (later changed to cortana), having to pin it or drag it from somewhere, but the problems begin here, i formatted my pc and now i couldn't figure out how to put it back, and it's not the cortana button when leftclicking taskbar, it's something like an application and when i pressed it, i could open the search box without having to open the windows menu. So if anyone could help me, please tell me how can i do this

:)

DraxTrem127, Dec 21, 2018
  2. davidhk Win User

Cannot put Cortana back on my taskbar.... HELP! I messed up!

If you right click at the Start button, do you see Search on the list ?
    If yes, will it open when you click it ?

Putting cortana/search button on taskbar [​IMG]

davidhk, Dec 21, 2018
  3. Cortana Taskbar Search Not Working

Cortana taskbar search shows up but when you click on it, you cannot enter text. Also even though you can see the Cortana control panel listing when searching in Settings when you click on it it does not open. I checked and the Cortana files are in the System Apps folder. The Cortana process does not show up in Task Manager processes. It looks like some built in Win 10 Microsoft apps are disabledoing in Apps and Settings. See attached pics. Any tips would help fix this Cortana taskbar search issue will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

BarryAllen, Dec 21, 2018
  4. Putting cortana/search button on taskbar

Cortana

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

Appreciate your efforts to work on this issue.

This issue can occur if some of the system files are not working as expected.

Suggest you to follow the steps from this article to
    troubleshoot Cortana on the PC

Note: Do not go with the ‘Reset PC’ option for now.

Method 1: Follow these steps to disable Cortana:

1. Sign-in to the PC with your Microsoft account.
    2. In the search box at the bottom, type Disable Cortana.
    3. Once the suggestions appear in the list, click Cortana & Search settings.
    4. From the right section of the Settings pane, move the top button to ‘Off’ to disable Cortana from Windows 10.

Method 2: Follow these steps to check if that helps.

1. Launch Cortana from the search bar on the taskbar.
    2. Then, from the left pane click the settings button.
    3. Under "Cortana" (the first option) and slide the pill switch to the ‘Off’ position.

Method 3: Launch the Settings app and click on Privacy. Navigate to Speech, inking, & typing, and click Stop getting to know me. These steps will disable Cortana.

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Dec 21, 2018
Thema:

Putting cortana/search button on taskbar

1. Putting cortana/search button on taskbar - Similar Threads - Putting cortana search

2. Put cortana inside the windows search box

in Cortana
    Put cortana inside the windows search box: Hi everyone who read this post, I have a question about windows search and cortana. You know, from the version 1903 to now. Microsoft has separated windows search and cortana to 2 application different. I'm using windows 10 21H2 and can I put cortana inside the windows search...
  3. Put cortana inside the windows search box

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Put cortana inside the windows search box: Hi everyone who read this post, I have a question about windows search and cortana. You know, from the version 1903 to now. Microsoft has separated windows search and cortana to 2 application different. I'm using windows 10 21H2 and can I put cortana inside the windows search...
  4. Put cortana inside the windows search box

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Start button and search button of the taskbar not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start button and search button of the taskbar not working: Hi everyone I have just recently started to experience this issue from reading other posted it would appear to be a fairly common occurrence " Start button and search button of the taskbar not working "As suggested on the post below I have followed each instruction but I...
  6. Taskbar/Cortana search window...

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar/Cortana search window...: With the 1809 update, the taskbar search window changed: [img] The width of the initial search window is doubled in size. Is there a way to reduce the width to what it used to be in 1803? Or at the very least, is there a way to change the background color for this window?...
  7. Taskbar search button

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Taskbar search button: How do I add the search button to my taskbar? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-search-button/ad27bc58-320c-4371-b764-3d65df762d8d
  8. Taskbar buttons (NOT icons) hidden behind cortana search

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar buttons (NOT icons) hidden behind cortana search: Hoping this is the right board. A guy in my office just upgraded to windows 10 and it looks completely different from other installations I've seen. The start button isn't the 4 equally-sized rectangles, the top left one is hollow and bigger than the other 3, if that means...
  9. Cortana and Search buttons not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Cortana and Search buttons not working: Recently I noticed Cortana had failed to operate when I hit the button. Then I noticed that when I hit search, again nothing happened. I think these problems may be related. 77278
  10. Cortana Taskbar Search Not Working

in Windows 10 Support
    Cortana Taskbar Search Not Working: Cortana taskbar search shows up but when you click on it, you cannot enter text. Also even though you can see the Cortana control panel listing when searching in Settings when you click on it it does not open. I checked and the Cortana files are in the System Apps folder. The...