Windows 10: Putting PC to sleep causes restart

Discus and support Putting PC to sleep causes restart in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi all, I've been running into an issue where choosing "Sleep" on my PC causes it to crash and restart. The three logs I keep getting in Event Viewer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by YZSCT, May 8, 2022.

1. YZSCT Win User

Putting PC to sleep causes restart

Hi all, I've been running into an issue where choosing "Sleep" on my PC causes it to crash and restart. The three logs I keep getting in Event Viewer are:Windows failed to resume from hibernate with error status 0xC00000D4.The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.The previous system shutdown at 2:

:)

YZSCT, May 8, 2022
  2. jaydub Win User

Trouble Putting PC to Sleep

I finally determined what the cause of my PC waking up right after I invoke sleep function Start > Power > Sleep. I recently purchased a Velocifire wireless (2.4ghz) keyboard that also comes with a USB cord so it can be used in corded mode. When used in corded mode, sleeping the PC is not a problem. When I use the wireless dongle, the PC refuses to sleep for more than a second. So, the wireless mode of this keyboard is what triggers the problem. In addition to the things I've tried in my original post, here are the results of some suggestions you guys made:
    • Created a new fake user and logged in under than user. Same behavior.
    • Started PC in Safe Mode. Unfortunately, in Safe Mode sleep functions are limited to the monitor and hard drives. Nothing to put the PC to sleep.
    • Tried going into sleep via Alt + F4. Same behavior.
    • powercfg -a reports S3 is active on my system.
    There are no obvious irregularities in Device Manager. The dongle shows up under USB Serial Bus Controllers as a USB Composite Device.
    • General Tab says "This device is working properly".
    • In Driver Tab, I tried searching for a better driver, but Windows says there is no better driver.
    • There is no Power Management tab.
    So as it turns out, all of things I've tried appear to have been a waste of time as it was not addressing the wireless function of the keyboard. I contacted the manufacturer and they suggested that I delete the USB Composite Device entry, re-boot and re-insert the dongle. However, that did not change inability to sleep the PC.

Any other ideas?

jaydub, May 8, 2022
  3. Joe13 B-) Win User
    Turning off / restarting / putting your PC to sleep when Shut Down / Restart / Sleep button in Start Menu is not working

Hey all!

I've been finding some helpful tricks these days to help you in some problems. This time, I've found a way to
    restart / shutdown / put your PC to sleep / switch user / sign out of your PC in Windows, when your Start Menu / your Power button in
    Start Menu isn't working.

To restart / shutdown / put your PC to sleep / switch user / sign out of your PC, follow these steps:

• Click the Windows Logo key + Alt + F4 keys together. A window pops up, asking, 'What do you want the computer to do?'.
    • Click the drop-down box, and select the option you want it to do (i.e., Shut Down, Sign Out, Restart, etc.) and click 'Ok' to make your Windows PC do it.

That's all! You can use this method whenever you want. It won't be an improper shutdown. If this won't work for you, you can long-press the Power button on your PC to shutdown.

I'll come up with many more help topics!

Joe13 B-), May 8, 2022
  4. Putting PC to sleep causes restart

Laptop restarts when I put it to 'sleep' mode

Hi All!

Just bought a brand new HP envy 15 (2020 edition). On the 2nd day it was updating windows and bios and then i noticed that my laptop restarts whenever i put it to sleep.

To be precise, this is what happens step by step:

1. I put the laptop to sleep

2. It goes to 'sleep'

3. 20 seconds in and it restarts or start from new.. all the apps that i left on when puting laptop to sleep are now gone..

Can anyone help?

Thanks!

UgniusPauliukonis, May 8, 2022
Thema:

Putting PC to sleep causes restart

1. Putting PC to sleep causes restart - Similar Threads - Putting sleep causes

2. Laptop restarts when put to sleep mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop restarts when put to sleep mode: For few weeks my windows 10 laptop cannot be put to sleep mode. When I close the lid or simply click on the sleep from the start menu, it goes to sleep but when I move the mouse or press anything to wake the laptop up again, it suddenly restarts itself. I have checked the...
  3. Laptop restarts when put to sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop restarts when put to sleep mode: For few weeks my windows 10 laptop cannot be put to sleep mode. When I close the lid or simply click on the sleep from the start menu, it goes to sleep but when I move the mouse or press anything to wake the laptop up again, it suddenly restarts itself. I have checked the...
  4. Laptop restarts when put to sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Putting PC to sleep causes restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Putting PC to sleep causes restart: Hi all, I've been running into an issue where choosing "Sleep" on my PC causes it to crash and restart. The three logs I keep getting in Event Viewer are:Windows failed to resume from hibernate with error status 0xC00000D4.The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down...
  6. Putting PC to sleep causes restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Putting PC to sleep causes restart: Hi all, I've been running into an issue where choosing "Sleep" on my PC causes it to crash and restart. The three logs I keep getting in Event Viewer are:Windows failed to resume from hibernate with error status 0xC00000D4.The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down...
  7. Consistent BSOD upon restarting or putting PC to sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Consistent BSOD upon restarting or putting PC to sleep: Hey all, here's the minidump: https://pastebin.com/kjUaxpLRI downloaded the latest AMD driver 21.6.1 last night and have been getting consistent BSOD's ever since. Every BSOD lists it as a "WDF VIOLATION," except once it said my UA USB Driver was faulty. I've tried reverting...
  8. Computer restarts after being put to sleep.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer restarts after being put to sleep.: Hi all, I'm having a bit of an issue with my laptop running Windows 10. Whenever I put the computer to sleep (either via the start menu, low battery or by pressing the 'power' button which I've set to put the computer to sleep), often when I go to wake the computer it will...
  9. Turning off / restarting / putting your PC to sleep when Shut Down / Restart / Sleep button...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Turning off / restarting / putting your PC to sleep when Shut Down / Restart / Sleep button...: Hey all! I've been finding some helpful tricks these days to help you in some problems. This time, I've found a way torestart / shutdown / put your PC to sleep / switch user / sign out of your PC in Windows, when your Start Menu / your Power button inStart Menu isn't...
  10. Windows 10 Sleep causing restart

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Sleep causing restart: This was working up until this week. Now when I put my desktop into Sleep, it restarts and in the Event Viewer I see this "The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power...