Windows 10: putting sleep mode overnight resets the computer when i wake it

Discus and support putting sleep mode overnight resets the computer when i wake it in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; i got a new hp computer and i put it to sleep for the first time last night. it stayed asleep all night but when i woke it up no programs were loaded... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by theimortal1974, Dec 14, 2018.

1. putting sleep mode overnight resets the computer when i wake it

i got a new hp computer and i put it to sleep for the first time last night. it stayed asleep all night but when i woke it up no programs were loaded like before i put it to sleep as if the computer had reset. i tried to put it to sleep them minutes later bring it back and this time all the programs were still there. i read on another forum someone else said the same thing happened but there wasn't any real answers to their inquiry. i don't know if it's a windows 10 thing or a hp computer thing.

:)

theimortal1974, Dec 14, 2018
  2. Nick89 Win User

No internet when computer wakes from sleep mode

No Internet when computer wakes from sleep mode or from cold start until I disable the Local area connection and then enable it.

When I run the diagnostic after it fixes the connection it says this: Local Area connection doesn't have a valid IP configuration - Fixed

But its not fixed. Every time I wake my computer up from sleep mode after its been in sleep mode for a few hours I have to disable and then enable the Local area connection.

When the computer wakes up it has a yellow triangle warning of limited or no internet access. So I have to do the above every time I wake it up.

Things I've done so far: Update drivers, No fix.

Nick89, Dec 14, 2018
  3. Waking from sleep mode

Hi Kenneth,

For us to narrow down your concern with waking up your computer from sleep mode, we would like to know the following:

• Aside from Windows Update. were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Is this the first time you experienced the issue?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Send us a screenshot of your screen when you wake up your computer from sleep mode.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Dec 14, 2018
  4. John Sarc Win User

putting sleep mode overnight resets the computer when i wake it

computer wake-up after sleep

Hi Bill,

There's a possibility that the settings that enables your Space bar to wake your computer up from sleep was reset after updating Windows. If this what had happened, we suggest that you just re-set it up. See the steps below on how to do
    so:

• Press Windows key and type keyboard in.
    • Click on Keyboard option and a pop-up windows should show up.
    • From there, go to > Hardware tab > Properties >
      Change settings > Power management > Allow this device to wake the computer >
      OK/Apply.

Try the if the steps did work and let us know any updates.

John Sarc, Dec 14, 2018
Thema:

putting sleep mode overnight resets the computer when i wake it

1. putting sleep mode overnight resets the computer when i wake it - Similar Threads - putting sleep mode

2. BSOD after putting into sleep mode and then waking up.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD after putting into sleep mode and then waking up.: A week ago I started getting a BSOD whenever I woke the computer from sleep mode. The internet doesn't work for a few minutes and then I get this BSOD: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FAmS6wBhgJQ8-VpXTjFYH2jZ6xZ5Cmpt/view?usp=sharing. I have a AN515-45-R6XD with upgraded RAM...
  3. BSOD after putting into sleep mode and then waking up.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD after putting into sleep mode and then waking up.: A week ago I started getting a BSOD whenever I woke the computer from sleep mode. The internet doesn't work for a few minutes and then I get this BSOD: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FAmS6wBhgJQ8-VpXTjFYH2jZ6xZ5Cmpt/view?usp=sharing. I have a AN515-45-R6XD with upgraded RAM...
  4. Computer crashes when I put it to sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer crashes when I put it to sleep: So I usually put my pc to sleep using the win+x menu, but lately, I've noticed that my PC will turn itself off before it actually goes to sleep. The screen turns black and the PC tower will run for about 5 minutes before shutting down. When I check the event logs this is what...
  5. Computer Immediately Wakes Up After Sleep Mode Puts It to Sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer Immediately Wakes Up After Sleep Mode Puts It to Sleep: The Sleep Mode puts my machine to sleep then the machine immediately wakes up. Rebooting has not helped, nor has changing the Sleep Mode Settings. I have not found any solutions in the Internet. Thanks for any thoughts and guidance. 179664
  6. Whenever I put my laptop to sleep overnight when I "wake it" by moving the mouse or...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Whenever I put my laptop to sleep overnight when I "wake it" by moving the mouse or...: So whenever I'm finished with my laptop, since it has mounted speakers and I can't close it, I press the power button to put it to sleep. For the past few years i've been doing that with no issue but within the past 6 months or so I've come across an issue where when i put...
  7. Computer wakes itself from sleep ONLY when I manually put it to sleep. When it auto-sleeps...

Computer wakes itself from sleep ONLY when I manually put it to sleep. When it auto-sleeps...: Pretty much the title but I'll expand a bit. If I manually put the computer to sleep, the computer will wake itself up after about 10-15 minutes. If the computer auto-sleeps, (currently configured to sleep after 30 minutes of inactivity) it will not wake itself up but stays...
  8. Computer wakes up immediately after putting it in Sleep Mode

Computer wakes up immediately after putting it in Sleep Mode: Hello everyone, I had had this issue for 2 days, never happened before, I turn off the ability for my mouse to be able to wake up my computer a few weeks ago, only my keyboard can wake it up by pressing any key. lately when i place my computer to sleep it will immediately...
  9. Computer shuts down when in sleep mode overnight

Computer shuts down when in sleep mode overnight: Has happened 3 nights now, after the late February update. Has anyone else experienced this? submitted by /u/Penuwana [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fgqi3w/computer_shuts_down_when_in_sleep_mode_overnight/
  10. Computer wakes from sleep immediately after putting to sleep

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Computer wakes from sleep immediately after putting to sleep: The problem i have is when i select to put my PC into sleep mode (Start>Power icon>Sleep). The screen goes black as if its entering sleep mode, but then almost immediately 'wakes up' and my video cam starts looking for a face to scan. I'm "assuming" this is related to...