Windows 10: Putting the SATA cable in another SATA port on my MoBo will have no problems?

Discus and support Putting the SATA cable in another SATA port on my MoBo will have no problems? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have set-up the Hard Drives and SSD and has files with it's volume letterWill removing the port and transferring it to 1, 2, and 3 have any issues... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by WillGordon3, Mar 22, 2022.

1. Putting the SATA cable in another SATA port on my MoBo will have no problems?

I have set-up the Hard Drives and SSD and has files with it's volume letterWill removing the port and transferring it to 1, 2, and 3 have any issues like files corrupting or the hard drives/ssd not being read?I just want to put it to ports 1, 2, and 3

:)

WillGordon3, Mar 22, 2022
  2. Vellaura Win User

Changing SATA 3gb cable with 6gb cable

Hello all!

I had a very basic question, I was just wondering will there be any issues with simply changing a 3gb sata cable with a 6gb sata cable?

My MOBO has 6 Grey sata ports (I think 3gb) and 2 Red sata ports (I think 6gb). I swapped out the 3gb cable with a 6gb cable in the red sata port. Do I need to do anything in BIOS, any further steps? Does it matter which red port I plugged it in? 1 of 2?

When I first booted I got a post and everything, then just as the windows logo came up to load my pc shutdown instantly.

Then when I booted it up the 2nd time it booted into windows all sweet as per usual, very strange. Would changing sata cables have anything to do with this?

The only other thing I did was clean up all the extra hard drive power cables I had, the cable that has 6 or so hardrive power plugs and replaced that with a cable that only has 2 power plugs, obviously because I wont be needing the other one since I only have 1 harddrive.

Thanks Putting the SATA cable in another SATA port on my MoBo will have no problems? :)

Windows 20H2

Vellaura, Mar 22, 2022
  3. E-sata connections not working.

Thank you Harkanwar,

There is no Security software at this point other than any Windows (i.e. Defender) that might have come automatically.

I will try the steps on option 1 and let you know later tomorrow.

So that you know......I was having similar issues with the MOBO USB ports that provide connections to the front of the case (card reader too). After unplugging and plugging them (2) back, windows acknowledged the additional drive letters. But that did not work
    for the only internal Sata cable to the E-sata port iin the front panel.

NilsonGhelardi, Mar 22, 2022
  4. richodude Win User

Putting the SATA cable in another SATA port on my MoBo will have no problems?

SATA cables

I just got my new SSD and i dont have a spare SATA cable. I dont live near a best buy or tech shop and ordering online would be a last resort. Im wondering if it is ok to borrow the SATA that connects my cd drive to my motherboard.

richodude, Mar 22, 2022
Thema:

Putting the SATA cable in another SATA port on my MoBo will have no problems?

1. Putting the SATA cable in another SATA port on my MoBo will have no problems? - Similar Threads - Putting SATA cable

2. Putting the SATA cable in another SATA port on my MoBo will have no problems?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Putting the SATA cable in another SATA port on my MoBo will have no problems?: I have set-up the Hard Drives and SSD and has files with it's volume letterWill removing the port and transferring it to 1, 2, and 3 have any issues like files corrupting or the hard drives/ssd not being read?I just want to put it to ports 1, 2, and 3...
  3. Putting the SATA cable in another SATA port on my MoBo will have no problems?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Putting the SATA cable in another SATA port on my MoBo will have no problems?: I have set-up the Hard Drives and SSD and has files with it's volume letterWill removing the port and transferring it to 1, 2, and 3 have any issues like files corrupting or the hard drives/ssd not being read?I just want to put it to ports 1, 2, and 3...
  4. E - SATA Port

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    E - SATA Port: On the front of my pc is a port marked E-SATA, what is this for? 158757
  5. SATA cables

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    SATA cables: I just got my new SSD and i dont have a spare SATA cable. I dont live near a best buy or tech shop and ordering online would be a last resort. Im wondering if it is ok to borrow the SATA that connects my cd drive to my motherboard....
  6. Sata ports question

Sata ports question: Hello all, i have just built a new ryzen PC, with a Asus B450 F MB , and i just got a Samsung M.2 970 EVO 500 Gig to replace my current 850 Evo, from what i understand my MB uses sata ports 5&6, i currently have 2 devices connected to those ports. would moving those two to...
  7. SATA port are not working??

SATA port are not working??: Glad you got it fixed. Sounds like the CMOS got "confused" and the reset allowed it to detect what was actually present. Good job! --Ed--
  8. Updated Bios on Gigabyte MoBo -- lost 3 SATA ports

Updated Bios on Gigabyte MoBo -- lost 3 SATA ports: I built my Intel i5 PC in 2010. The mobo is the Gigabyte GA-P55-USB3 "Ultra Durable"... After recently upgrading to Windows 10, I attempted to upgrade my RAM from 4 to 8 GB. My mobo did not recognize the two available RAM slots. I decided (wrongly) to upgrade my 5+ year old...
  9. Sata III PCI cards for computer with SATA II ports on mobo

Sata III PCI cards for computer with SATA II ports on mobo: I have a DIY box with an Asus P5K-E mobo that provides SATA II ports. I upgraded to a pair of Samsung 850 EVO ssds and naturally got a great speed boost. Now I am getting greedy and thinking about doubling my gains with a SATA III controller card. I have been reading online...
  10. SATA port not working

SATA port not working: Hi all, I hope that this thread doesn't go as long as the other one, but you never know. In my last thread, that dealt with recovering data on a bad windows 10 disk image, towards the end of it I mentioned that Windows Explorer lost recognition to one of my DVD's. I...