Windows 10: Putting the screen to sleep manually?

Discus and support Putting the screen to sleep manually? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Years ago I use to have an app that would let me put the screen to sleep simply by moving the cursor to any corner of the screen (for privacy).... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by BobNewman1, Jun 20, 2019.

1. Putting the screen to sleep manually?

Years ago I use to have an app that would let me put the screen to sleep simply by moving the cursor to any corner of the screen (for privacy). Recently someone (here?) gave me a command (it may have been a sortcut, or seperate app) that would tell Windows to do this. I had some trouble with my computer and after Best Buy fixed it the computer no longer does this. Can someone please tell me how to get the computer to do this again? Help please.

Thanks in advance... Bob

:)

BobNewman1, Jun 20, 2019

2. Screen Sleep

Hi Al,

You can disable screen sleep by configuring the Power Settings. To configure the Power Settings, follow these steps:

• Go to Settings.
    • Choose System.
    • Select Power & Sleep.
    • Under Sleep, select Never from the drop-down menu.

Let us know if you need additional assistance.

Kristine Arp, Jun 20, 2019
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    after putting my desktop to sleep the mouse and keyboard are no longer active

Hi Cal,

Outdated drivers may be one of the possible causes why your mouse and keyboard is not working after putting your desktop from sleep. To assist you better, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you tried updating your drivers?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you check for the latest update for the drivers.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Jun 20, 2019
  4. Icyeros Win User

Putting the screen to sleep manually?

My computer's "Sleep after X" sleep is deeper than manual sleep

With Sleep after X minutes, all fans shut down. A mouse click or key press is required to wake the system. This is ideal.

When I manually sleep via the start menu, fans stay on and mouse movement wakes the system.

powercfg -a lists this:

Standby (S3)

Hibernate

Fast Startup

Automatic hibernation is off, only sleep is on in power settings.

I'm on 16299

So, my question is, how do I manually put my computer into this deeper sleep state?

Icyeros, Jun 20, 2019
Thema:

Putting the screen to sleep manually?

1. Putting the screen to sleep manually? - Similar Threads - Putting screen sleep

2. Manually putting laptop to sleep and

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Manually putting laptop to sleep and: Can someone please tell me what I did? I was fooling around, trying to have the laptop awake out of sleep and have the same landscape picture be there each time. I wasn't successful with that but also now, when I put the laptop to sleep from the Start button, it goes to sleep...
  3. Manually putting laptop to sleep and

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Manually putting laptop to sleep and: Can someone please tell me what I did? I was fooling around, trying to have the laptop awake out of sleep and have the same landscape picture be there each time. I wasn't successful with that but also now, when I put the laptop to sleep from the Start button, it goes to sleep...
  4. ntoskrnl.exe BSOD after I manually put PC to sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ntoskrnl.exe BSOD after I manually put PC to sleep: As the title says, I'm getting BSOD from, according to BlueScreenView, ntoskrnl.exe. I've scoured the internet for hours the past few days. It's been blue screening pretty much every time I MANUALLY put it to sleep now and it's gotten significantly worse over the past day....
  5. ntoskrnl.exe BSOD after I manually put PC to sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ntoskrnl.exe BSOD after I manually put PC to sleep: As the title says, I'm getting BSOD from, according to BlueScreenView, ntoskrnl.exe. I've scoured the internet for hours the past few days. It's been blue screening pretty much every time I MANUALLY put it to sleep now and it's gotten significantly worse over the past day....
  6. ntoskrnl.exe BSOD after I manually put PC to sleep

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Cannot manually put Win10 PC to sleep takes two tries

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Cannot manually put Win10 PC to sleep takes two tries: When I go to Windows-Key>Power>Sleep, the display shuts off, but the hard drive continues to spin. I have the Automatic Power Settings to kick in after 10 minutes, but that doesn't work either. When I manually issue the Sleep command a second time, that DOES work, putting the...
  8. Sleep Mode on Timer Different Than Manually Putting System to Sleep?

Sleep Mode on Timer Different Than Manually Putting System to Sleep?: Bottom line up front, my computer produces differentresults in sleep mode, depending on if I initiate putting the system to sleepversus following the configured power plan. 1 When I manually put the computer to sleep Start >Power > Sleep, I can observe that my display shuts...
  9. Manually put a program to sleep WITHOUT making PC sleep?

Manually put a program to sleep WITHOUT making PC sleep?: Is there any way to manually put a traditional program, not modern Store app, to sleepwithout putting Windows PC to sleep? and be able to open the sleeping program and find it in the same state as before sleep....
  10. I can only manually put my PC to sleep or hibernate.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I can only manually put my PC to sleep or hibernate.: I have the latest clean installation of windows 10 running and auto-sleep/hibernate no longer works. The screen shuts down but the computer lights and fans are still on and spinning. If I put it to sleep manually everything works perfect. In fact, all of my three computers...