Windows 10: Putting W10 already bought and on an old PC onto a new self build

Discus and support Putting W10 already bought and on an old PC onto a new self build in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi All. As per the subject heading. Is there any advice on how to do this. Old PC has a HDD new one SSD.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Marsh20, Sep 27, 2020.

1. Marsh20 Win User

Putting W10 already bought and on an old PC onto a new self build

Hi All.

As per the subject heading. Is there any advice on how to do this. Old PC has a HDD new one SSD.

:)

Marsh20, Sep 27, 2020

2. New System build Suggestions

Case is final and already bought

SilverStone GD09B
    PSU is also already bought
    And Motherboard

Durvelle27, Sep 27, 2020
  3. New System build Suggestions

just another build suggestion to consider- System Builder

BarbaricSoul, Sep 27, 2020
  4. Putting W10 already bought and on an old PC onto a new self build

W7 To W10 transfering data and files from old PC to New PC

I have an old PC running W7 and want to transfer files and data, music to a new PC running W10. Easy transfer cable is not so easy with W10. Is there a program or something to accomplish this task? THX

BobTechNot, Sep 27, 2020
Thema:

Putting W10 already bought and on an old PC onto a new self build

1. Putting W10 already bought and on an old PC onto a new self build - Similar Threads - Putting W10 already

2. Installing windows 11 onto a new build pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installing windows 11 onto a new build pc: I am trying to install windows 11 onto my new build pc but it freezes on the "where do you want to install Windows" part. I have a completely empty SSD and when I hit next on that page I get the hourglass of death that never goes away....
  3. Installing windows 11 onto a new build pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installing windows 11 onto a new build pc: I am trying to install windows 11 onto my new build pc but it freezes on the "where do you want to install Windows" part. I have a completely empty SSD and when I hit next on that page I get the hourglass of death that never goes away....
  4. Self-Made Windows 10 USB not installing onto New Build

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Self-Made Windows 10 USB not installing onto New Build: I built a PC back in 2019, it has 850W Power Supply, i770k Intel CPU, GTX 1070, 1TB HHD, WD Disk Drive, 250GB SSD, Asus Maximus Hero Mobo, Windows 10After not using this computer for about a year, it seems I have forgotten the password on it, even though I could swear I wrote...
  5. Self-Made Windows 10 USB not installing onto New Build

Self-Made Windows 10 USB not installing onto New Build: I built a PC back in 2019, it has 850W Power Supply, i770k Intel CPU, GTX 1070, 1TB HHD, WD Disk Drive, 250GB SSD, Asus Maximus Hero Mobo, Windows 10After not using this computer for about a year, it seems I have forgotten the password on it, even though I could swear I wrote...
  6. Self-Made Windows 10 USB not installing onto New Build

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. OLD PC SIGN IN ON MY NEW PC BUILD?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OLD PC SIGN IN ON MY NEW PC BUILD?: Can someone please help me. I recently built a new PC. I needed a bigger HHD so I took it from my old PC. A few months go by everything is fine.. then today I slide up to sign in on the lock screen for the pc, type in my 4 pin passcode.... first it said your profile is...
  8. OLD PC SIGN IN ON MY NEW PC BUILD?

OLD PC SIGN IN ON MY NEW PC BUILD?: Can someone please help me. I recently built a new PC. I needed a bigger HHD so I took it from my old PC. A few months go by everything is fine.. then today I slide up to sign in on the lock screen for the pc, type in my 4 pin passcode.... first it said your profile is...
  9. OLD PC SIGN IN ON MY NEW PC BUILD?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  10. Move W10 to new build.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Move W10 to new build.: I just completed my first pc build, thanks with the W10 transfer. I did Great! I want to build another for my wife. she has a laptop that originally was W8 which I free upgraded to 10. Can I install W10 on the new build and use her activation key to activate her Windows...