Windows 10: Putting Windows 10 Back on my PC

Discus and support Putting Windows 10 Back on my PC in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I have Windows 10 installed since I first got my notice years ago that 8 would not be working anymore. I'm at my friend's house now on her PC. I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Pochie, May 23, 2020.

1. Pochie Win User

Putting Windows 10 Back on my PC

I have Windows 10 installed since I first got my notice years ago that 8 would not be working anymore. I'm at my friend's house now on her PC. I have always disliked when Microsoft 'updates' my computer as I am used to how it was. So yesterday when a new update came on and I was angry again so I tried to restore it to the previous version without the new update. When it was done I had Windows 7 on! So pushing many buttons and trying for sometime Windows 8 came up. Before I left my house about an hour ago I typed in to restore Windows 10 (which I also typed in when 7 and 8 came up). It was working re 1/2 done so I'll check it when I return home in a few hours. If I can restore the latest version I will have to be patient and learn how to navigate the new updates (being an old timer of 71 now). Any help will e greatly appreciated. Thanks,

:)

Pochie, May 23, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 23, 2020
  3. CK011885 Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, May 23, 2020
  4. r.h.p Win User

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

What's your intended PC specs ??

r.h.p, May 23, 2020
Thema:

1. Putting Windows 10 Back on my PC - Similar Threads - Putting

2. HELP! I plugged in Android/extract the photos put it in a folder on the desktop/ opened now...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HELP! I plugged in Android/extract the photos put it in a folder on the desktop/ opened now...: I have no idea what to do I thought I could figure this out but I haven't been on the computer since Windows 7 my phone is about had it so I'm trying to extract valuable audio pictures etc I plug it in I saved what I could in a folder for some reason I was thinking if I put...
  3. HELP! I plugged in Android/extract the photos put it in a folder on the desktop/ opened now...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HELP! I plugged in Android/extract the photos put it in a folder on the desktop/ opened now...: I have no idea what to do I thought I could figure this out but I haven't been on the computer since Windows 7 my phone is about had it so I'm trying to extract valuable audio pictures etc I plug it in I saved what I could in a folder for some reason I was thinking if I put...
  4. I acidenttaly put magnet on a hard drive stuck on safe mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I acidenttaly put magnet on a hard drive stuck on safe mode: Hello i have a windows 11 Pro has a 750GB hard drive i was going to clean those dirty sata port which is not detecting on a running pc i dont care if i got eletricuted then i acidenttally put a magnat which is a bit strong and cause my pc stop working i tried restarting it...
  5. I acidenttaly put magnet on a hard drive stuck on safe mode

I acidenttaly put magnet on a hard drive stuck on safe mode: Hello i have a windows 11 Pro has a 750GB hard drive i was going to clean those dirty sata port which is not detecting on a running pc i dont care if i got eletricuted then i acidenttally put a magnat which is a bit strong and cause my pc stop working i tried restarting it...
  6. Why can't I put a "." in the names of folders on my desktop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't I put a "." in the names of folders on my desktop?: I made a folder "VS." but it only appears as "VS", what can I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-cant-i-put-a-in-the-names-of-folders-on-my/1f290c3a-8267-4d93-952f-4d8fe4f33a20
  7. Why can't I put a "." in the names of folders on my desktop?

Why can't I put a "." in the names of folders on my desktop?: I made a folder "VS." but it only appears as "VS", what can I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-cant-i-put-a-in-the-names-of-folders-on-my/1f290c3a-8267-4d93-952f-4d8fe4f33a20
  8. The bluethooth keyboard pair but it ask me to put in the numbers on the keyboard but I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The bluethooth keyboard pair but it ask me to put in the numbers on the keyboard but I...: I cant see any code that I must put in for the bluethooth keybord to pair. Hel' I thin it has somthing to do with my colour of my computer screen?...
  9. The bluethooth keyboard pair but it ask me to put in the numbers on the keyboard but I...

The bluethooth keyboard pair but it ask me to put in the numbers on the keyboard but I...: I cant see any code that I must put in for the bluethooth keybord to pair. Hel' I thin it has somthing to do with my colour of my computer screen?...
  10. The bluethooth keyboard pair but it ask me to put in the numbers on the keyboard but I...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware