Windows 10: Putty

Discus and support Putty in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I am trying to connect with putty via ssh, put it's popping up an error message, that connection timed out. Can someone help me fixing it?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Hershey., Aug 26, 2019.

1. Hershey. Win User

Putty

Hi,

I am trying to connect with putty via ssh, put it's popping up an error message, that connection timed out.

Can someone help me fixing it?

:)

Hershey., Aug 26, 2019
  2. IggSter Win User

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Aug 26, 2019
  3. Arun B J Win User
    unable to connect to my switch using putty

Hi,

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• What exactly do you mean by unable to connect to my switch using putty?
    • What is the exact issue that you’re facing with USB?
    • Are you not able to connect any devices through devices?
    • Did you make any changes prior to this issue?
    I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your USB. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select
      Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top
      right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the
      view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.
    Method 2.Try updating the latest USB devices from the manufacturer's website and check if the issue persists.

Follow the steps to update the USB drivers:

a. Press Windows key + X key and click
    Device Manager.

b. Expand the USB driver.

c. Right-click on the USB and click on
    Update driver software.

d. Restart the computer and check.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Aug 26, 2019
  4. SimonCort Win User

Putty

What is PuTTy release 0.71?

What is PuTTy release 0.71?

SimonCort, Aug 26, 2019
Thema:

Putty

1. Putty - Similar Threads - Putty

2. I am on a Linode SSH PUTTY TUNNEL SOCKS PROXY, I can't get off it, And because of this I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am on a Linode SSH PUTTY TUNNEL SOCKS PROXY, I can't get off it, And because of this I...: I am on a Linode SSH PUTTY TUNNEL SOCKS PROXY, I can't get off it, And because of this I can't get on the Microsoft app store!This means I can not play MineCraft either nor Install HexChat or live my life!Microsoft how dare you!It's my right to be able to encrypt my...
  3. I am on a Linode SSH PUTTY TUNNEL SOCKS PROXY, I can't get off it, And because of this I...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am on a Linode SSH PUTTY TUNNEL SOCKS PROXY, I can't get off it, And because of this I...: I am on a Linode SSH PUTTY TUNNEL SOCKS PROXY, I can't get off it, And because of this I can't get on the Microsoft app store!This means I can not play MineCraft either nor Install HexChat or live my life!Microsoft how dare you!It's my right to be able to encrypt my...
  4. Fix PuTTy Fatal Error, Network error on Windows computers

in Windows 10 News
    Fix PuTTy Fatal Error, Network error on Windows computers: [IMG]PuTTY is a free and open-source terminal emulator. The software helps us to configure routers, switches, and other networking devices via the command line. It supports many network protocols, including SCP, SSH, Telnet, rlogin, and raw socket connection. However, a lot...
  5. Windows luanches PuTTY on pc when its not installed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows luanches PuTTY on pc when its not installed: hi i need help how to turn off PuTTY on windows 10 when its not installed it keeps luanching up every time when you start up windows help me sorry if there's no screenshot...
  6. Windows luanches PuTTY on pc when its not installed

Windows luanches PuTTY on pc when its not installed: hi i need help how to turn off PuTTY on windows 10 when its not installed it keeps luanching up every time when you start up windows help me sorry if there's no screenshot...
  7. ssh doesn't work when using powershell, cmd, wls, or hyper terminal, but putty works

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ssh doesn't work when using powershell, cmd, wls, or hyper terminal, but putty works: Hi at All,I am posting this question sine I am running out of ideas. Maybe I am missing something, but can't find a reason of the behavior bellow.Previously I was using Ubuntu deployed in wls 2.0 earlier on Win10 and now Win11 also for ssh-ing any remote servers, or internal...
  8. ssh doesn't work when using powershell, cmd, wls, or hyper terminal, but putty works

ssh doesn't work when using powershell, cmd, wls, or hyper terminal, but putty works: Hi at All,I am posting this question sine I am running out of ideas. Maybe I am missing something, but can't find a reason of the behavior bellow.Previously I was using Ubuntu deployed in wls 2.0 earlier on Win10 and now Win11 also for ssh-ing any remote servers, or internal...
  9. Need putty for win11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need putty for win11: Unlike store all ips and ssh with port small storage is needed or extension in vscode so that instead of keeping all servers inventory in notepad one can use the tool not RDC man it's very old and further to add machines in ad account, we use now notepad only or any tool like...
  10. Need putty for win11

Need putty for win11: Unlike store all ips and ssh with port small storage is needed or extension in vscode so that instead of keeping all servers inventory in notepad one can use the tool not RDC man it's very old and further to add machines in ad account, we use now notepad only or any tool like...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what is putty release 0.71