Windows 10: puzzeled --54 mbs gets better throughput than 800mps on SAME download

Discus and support puzzeled --54 mbs gets better throughput than 800mps on SAME download in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi folks always knew Windows networking was of the same order as a Harry Potter Wizard -- Two machines on different networks 1) Bog standard "G"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jimbo45, Feb 23, 2016.

1. jimbo45 Win User

puzzeled --54 mbs gets better throughput than 800mps on SAME download

Hi folks

always knew Windows networking was of the same order as a Harry Potter Wizard -- Two machines on different networks

1) Bog standard "G" wireless network ch 11 @2.4 GHZ network wifi card says 54 mbs speed --OK no prob.
    2) second computer -- 5 GHZ network with 40 GHZ wide bandwidth says 8-- mbs speed -- Twiddling my thumbs on the download.

What's up here --I can't see anything I'm doing wrong but the dinosaur "G" wifi @2.4 GHZ is running rings round the new 5GHZ system with the USB3 adapter for Wifi --I also tried USB2 just in case but no difference.

I also tried on Linux --> the Wifi adapter is ASUS ac 56. On latest CENTOS 7 it wouldn't work at all --on CENTOS 6.7 the old 2.4GHZ gave same result as Windows especially on a decently uncongested channel such as 11 but on 5 GHZ it FLEW --getting almost 750 Mbs.

Note though I just CAN'T get this to work on CENTOS 7 so you Linux guys be careful if you are using Centos and want to upgrade to CENTOS 7. (The driver compiles and you get a blue light for about 3 secs so the hardware is recognized --then it dies and that's it so stay on 6.7 if you want to use this adapter).

I want to stream a NAS box with a Wifi card --don't need LAN cables all over the place --but if I can't get better than 2.4 GHZ "G" then something is wrong.

My router and ISP are mega superfast --have tested with LAN cable direct into the cablebox router.

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Feb 23, 2016
  2. bowardsen Win User

Cannot Restore factory settings on Nokia 5800

like the hard reset buttonwise on N97, you'll get more fre space on C doing it buttonwise, than the *#7370#. Doing the last one gave me about 54 mb free space on C, and with the pressing buttons I got 63mb...

bowardsen, Feb 23, 2016
  3. SpinX3 Win User
    Lumia 640 XL WiFi and Bluetooth issues

I'm still seeing issues with Bluetooth and WiFi with the 640XL. For example, when I'm on a call with the Bluetooth connected the data throughput drops below 1Mps on WiFi WPS2. The data throughput is better on an open WiFi. The data throughput is also better
    on the cellular data. this so strange.

SpinX3, Feb 23, 2016
Thema:

puzzeled --54 mbs gets better throughput than 800mps on SAME download

1. puzzeled --54 mbs gets better throughput than 800mps on SAME download - Similar Threads - puzzeled mbs gets

2. is cortana better than alexa

in Windows 10 Gaming
    is cortana better than alexa: I need to set up Cortana or Alexa I know which one to use https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-cortana-better-than-alexa/415fa570-41d8-4a86-92e1-423af2e72035
  3. is cortana better than alexa

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    is cortana better than alexa: I need to set up Cortana or Alexa I know which one to use https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-cortana-better-than-alexa/415fa570-41d8-4a86-92e1-423af2e72035
  4. 7 Is better than 10 for downloading Screen Savers

7 Is better than 10 for downloading Screen Savers: How do I access collage of Windows screen saving pictures using Google or Wave browser? Windows 7 Home Edition is better than OS 10 right now....
  5. 7 Is better than 10 for downloading Screen Savers

in Windows 10 Customization
    7 Is better than 10 for downloading Screen Savers: How do I access collage of Windows screen saving pictures using Google or Wave browser? Windows 7 Home Edition is better than OS 10 right now....
  6. 7 Is better than 10 for downloading Screen Savers

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. & is better than 10 for downloading Screen Savers

& is better than 10 for downloading Screen Savers: How do I access collage of Windows screen saving pictures using Google or Wave browser? Windows 7 Home Edition is better than OS 10 right now....
  8. & is better than 10 for downloading Screen Savers

in Windows 10 Customization
    & is better than 10 for downloading Screen Savers: How do I access collage of Windows screen saving pictures using Google or Wave browser? Windows 7 Home Edition is better than OS 10 right now....
  9. Posready is better than esu or posready is same

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Posready is better than esu or posready is same: Posready is for bank atm only or what i dont understand https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/posready-is-better-than-esu-or-posready-is-same/de288b16-0aab-425b-a5d7-d76b47edbefa
  10. Magic puzzels

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Magic puzzels: Cannot get adverts to get more coins https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/magic-puzzels/431e6a00-d68b-4aba-be3b-38bb5598abd4