Windows 10: Puzzle: inetpub folder - appPools - I don't use a web server on W10

Discus and support Puzzle: inetpub folder - appPools - I don't use a web server on W10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi I am puzzled by this: I do not Windows 10 as a Web server, but I see a folder inetpub, which has directories with appPools and iisstart stuff in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by kvenl, Jan 12, 2019.

1. kvenl Win User

Puzzle: inetpub folder - appPools - I don't use a web server on W10

Hi

I am puzzled by this:

I do not Windows 10 as a Web server, but I see a folder inetpub, which has directories with appPools and iisstart stuff in it.
    I cannot remove the folder, there are files left in the appPools folder which I can only delete when stopping the WAS service..(which on it s turn stops W3PS (world wide web publishing service).
    But hen I get error in the event viewer....not able to start WAS etc....

Should it leave it alone, or is something wrong while I am not using www-server on Windows 10 and this stuff is running?

Your help is much appreciated.

Regards

Kees

:)

kvenl, Jan 12, 2019
  2. rdwray Win User

Can't delete inetpub folder

E:\inetpub\temp\appPools\APC8869.tmp is locked by Svchost.exe

Puzzle: inetpub folder - appPools - I don't use a web server on W10 [​IMG]

I can kill the process, but is it safe to delete this stuff???

rdwray, Jan 12, 2019
  3. Inetpub folder

Hi Sverre,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues on Windows 10. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

To assist you better, please provide the information:

• When you say that "have the inetpub folder", where exactly are you searching for inetpub folder?
    • When you say that "I have also tried to stop the process Service Host: Internet Information Services", why have you tried to disable the service host services?
    • Are you connected to a domain network?

Reply to us with the information, so that we can assist you better.

Let us know if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, Jan 12, 2019
  4. Puzzle: inetpub folder - appPools - I don't use a web server on W10

Inetpub folder

Have to have the inetpub folder?

I'm NOT using any IIS stuff. If I do I want to uninstall it. I have absolutely no need to host any web-sites on my PC. Or is this folder used for something that has absolutely nothing to do with IIS? I have also tried to stop the process Service Host: Internet
    Information Services, but it just pops up again. If this is a required folder, MS please, please, please put it under the Windows or Programs folders. I haven't seen any of these things since I worked with IIS-servers and after what I thought I knew you only
    run these services if you host web-sites on your PC?

SverreMunthe, Jan 12, 2019
Thema:

Puzzle: inetpub folder - appPools - I don't use a web server on W10

1. Puzzle: inetpub folder - appPools - I don't use a web server on W10 - Similar Threads - Puzzle inetpub folder

2. IIS APPPOOL User Profile

in Windows 10 Gaming
    IIS APPPOOL User Profile: I just want to ask, what IIS APPPOOL User Profile is for, is it safe and left alone or what? IIS APPPOOL\.NET v4.5IIS APPPOOL\.NET v4.5 Classic https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/iis-apppool-user-profile/328c9136-cc34-462f-bd1a-bcc94b390b22
  3. IIS APPPOOL User Profile

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    IIS APPPOOL User Profile: I just want to ask, what IIS APPPOOL User Profile is for, is it safe and left alone or what? IIS APPPOOL\.NET v4.5IIS APPPOOL\.NET v4.5 Classic https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/iis-apppool-user-profile/328c9136-cc34-462f-bd1a-bcc94b390b22
  4. IIS APPPOOL User Profile

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Inetpub folder is gone after installing new windows 11 22h2 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Inetpub folder is gone after installing new windows 11 22h2 update: Hi all,I installed yesterday the new update windows 11 22h2. This morning I went to the office opened visual studio, tried to open the last project and it says is missing. I checked in C: and the whole inetpub folder is gone and is not in the trash neither, is not hidden...
  6. Regarding Apache Web Server

in Windows 10 Customization
    Regarding Apache Web Server: I have a domain and I have a website hosted on my Apache Web Server and I can access it by entering my IP in the browser so now how can I assign the domain which I have bought to that IP so that everyone in world can access it?...
  7. Can't delete inetpub folder....

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't delete inetpub folder....: I've disabled IIS and IIS Hostable Web Core in windows features yet still cannot delete this folder ! Error message "the action cant be completed because the folder or file in it is open in another program", yet nothing is running ! Thanks in advance 155343
  8. W10 web server using Pogoplug version 4?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    W10 web server using Pogoplug version 4?: I have been searching online for a way to use the Pogoplug version 4 as a web server. So far, I have found a few incomplete items, many of them posted in 2013 or earlier. Being the web server neophyte I am, I need to led by the hand. I understand one must first set the...
  9. Folder puzzle

in Windows 10 Support
    Folder puzzle: My Second Copy Backup program saves a log showing any errors. I see that there are many entries like this: "cannot copy file C:\Users\All Users\Microsoft\Crypto\Keys\5bf95c440b6844e93600f7307794b5cb_ccd3b085-d6fc-48b9-8b3b-ef9a944a04d2 - Access is denied" That's...
  10. Can't delete inetpub folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't delete inetpub folder: E:\inetpub\temp\appPools\APC8869.tmp is locked by Svchost.exe [img] I can kill the process, but is it safe to delete this stuff??? 97653

Users found this page by searching for:

1. i dont see defaultapppool in c:\inetpub\temp\apppools

2. inetpub folder windows 10