Windows 10: puzzled about DLNA in windows 10 computer

Discus and support puzzled about DLNA in windows 10 computer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Even though I have not turned on DLNA streaming function on my computer , I am still able to play videos from the computer's library on my Panasonic... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by sportflyer, Apr 6, 2019.

1. puzzled about DLNA in windows 10 computer

Even though I have not turned on DLNA streaming function on my computer , I am still able to play videos from the computer's library on my Panasonic Viera TC via DLNA using the TV's DLNA function found under Viera tools.
    Is there another DLNA server running on the computer that I am not aware of?

When I tried to view the same video on another TV via Roku , I cannot. The Roku sees the computer with the videos but then it says cannot find compatible media ? Roku does not list the folders in the computer's library. Any reason for this ? Tks

:)

sportflyer, Apr 6, 2019

2. Lost DLNA connection to television from windows 10 desktop computer

Hello Patrick,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please provide some additional information, so that we can assist you better.

What was the version of Windows installed on your computer prior to replacing hard drive?

Follow the suggestion as mentioned below:

• There are two types of compatibility to which Windows 10 upgrade depends. Your computer meets the Software compatibility criteria for Windows 7, however, it is not meeting the Hardware compatibility to run Windows 10. There might
      be some drivers or hardware components not capable with Windows 10. Click here
      to know about compatibility details of your computer provided by Dell.

• Not all Sony TVs are supplied with DLNA capability. To see if your TV supports the DLNA feature, check the
      specifications, which are available through the Instructions Manual.
      If you cannot see any devices or files, you may need to scan for the DLNA devices which are connected to your BRAVIA TV. Refer the suggestion from the
      article.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes or No’.

Harish

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Harish_kum, Apr 6, 2019
  3. DLNA

Hi,

DLNA on Windows 10 can be done in 2 ways:

• There is a Cast To Device button that you can use to stream Windows 10 to a DLNA
      video player.
    • For receiving content, you will have to use the Windows Media Player
    Which of the above are you trying to do? Also, provide error code or message, if any, when the video files do not play.

Vinod Archak, Apr 6, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

puzzled about DLNA in windows 10 computer

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 6, 2019
Thema:

puzzled about DLNA in windows 10 computer

1. puzzled about DLNA in windows 10 computer - Similar Threads - puzzled DLNA computer

2. windows 10 dlna configuration

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 10 dlna configuration: i configured the windows 10 dlna server but it is showing directoriesor links i don't want. ratings, recorded tv, series, your actors, video playlists and video genreshow do i change what directory dlna is showing?or remove those directories?...
  3. windows 10 dlna configuration

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 10 dlna configuration: i configured the windows 10 dlna server but it is showing directoriesor links i don't want. ratings, recorded tv, series, your actors, video playlists and video genresalso there is annoying playlists directory all over.how do i remove them from displaying?...
  4. windows 10 dlna configuration

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows 10 dlna configuration: i configured the windows 10 dlna server but it is showing directoriesor links i don't want. ratings, recorded tv, series, your actors, video playlists and video genresalso there is annoying playlists directory all over.how do i remove them from displaying?...
  5. Windows 10 DLNA server issue

Windows 10 DLNA server issue: I am backing up my DVD's to a hard drive. I have added that hard drive as a Library location in Windows 10. I have my windows 10 computer set up as a DLNA server. Everything works, I can view my backed up videos from the media play of my Roku or other computers on my...
  6. DLNA - Playlists

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DLNA - Playlists: We Have a Samsung TV which supports DLNA & we use it extensively to stream videos and music from our Windows 10 PC to our Samsung TV. We have a growing library to stream and would like to create Playlists. Playlists can be created in Windows Media Player but, my question is,...
  7. Lost DLNA connection to television from windows 10 desktop computer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Lost DLNA connection to television from windows 10 desktop computer: I recently replaced the hard drive in my 8 year old Dell XPS 9100 desktop computer by my professional tech person, he reinstalled Windows 10 in the process. All is well except the desktop does not recognize 2 devices in the network anymore, (my Sony Blueray player or my Sony...
  8. Puzzled about System Administrator

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Puzzled about System Administrator: In Store/Settings, I want to enable App Updates to update automatically. I read up on how to do it - discovered that as the only user of this computer I have to be an administrator, to alter the setting, yet when I go to Store/Settings/App updates, the on/off button it greyed...
  9. Windows 10 DLNA, Incorrect Track Order

Windows 10 DLNA, Incorrect Track Order: I want to use Window 10's Media Streaming/DLNA feature for music, and it's sort of working but there's one deal breaking issue: It causes tracks to be displayed in alphabetical order instead of by track number when accessed via DLNA devices. On the streaming PC, the tracks...
  10. Puzzled about HomeGroup in my network

Puzzled about HomeGroup in my network: I use network shares instead of Homegroup for file sharing Nevertheless I am puzzled why my Homegroup is behaving as described below: I have 3 computers on a network. All 3 running Windows 10 1709. Whenever any 2 computers are on, I get the message to join a homegroup...