Windows 10: Puzzled by sizes of Windows Apps folders on my desktops

Discus and support Puzzled by sizes of Windows Apps folders on my desktops in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Two desktop computers running Windows 10 Pro 20H2, with the exact same apps listed in Apps and Features. On computer A, C\Program Files\Windows Apps is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Wisewiz, May 4, 2021.

1. Wisewiz Win User

Puzzled by sizes of Windows Apps folders on my desktops

Two desktop computers running Windows 10 Pro 20H2, with the exact same apps listed in Apps and Features. On computer A, C\Program Files\Windows Apps is 5.58GB; on computer B, the same folder is only 1.5GB. How do I pare down the computer A tree? ( Sub-question: Does the size of the Windows Apps folder have anything directly to do with the Apps and Features list?)

:)

Wisewiz, May 4, 2021
  2. dalchina Win User

Hi, Wiztree (free) and similar can give you a good view of what's there- you could take screenshots and compare...

Puzzled by sizes of Windows Apps folders on my desktops [​IMG]

Well, that includes not just 'apps' as in UWP apps from the Store, but also 'desktop' programs (exe/dlls) - a mixed list.

Here's Maps for example:

dalchina, May 5, 2021
  3. wiganken Win User

The following doesn't answer your query but introduces a new angle on it: -
    On my PC the "C\Program Files\Windows Apps" folder is empty. Could it be that the folder content is random which would explain the size differences?

wiganken, May 5, 2021
  4. Wisewiz Win User

Two desktop computers running Windows 10 Pro 20H2, with the exact same apps listed in Apps and Features. On computer A, C\Program Files\Windows Apps is 5.58GB; on computer B, the same folder is only 1.5GB. How do I pare down the computer A tree? ( Sub-question: Does the size of the Windows Apps folder have anything directly to do with the Apps and Features list?)

Wisewiz, May 5, 2021
Thema:

1. Puzzled by sizes of Windows Apps folders on my desktops - Similar Threads - Puzzled sizes Apps

2. Microsoft Puzzle Size

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Puzzle Size: I am having a problem with Microsoft Jigsaw Pluzzle Classic size...Windows 10 games on Dell laptop. Three days ago, my puzzles were showing up just fine. Now all of the puzzle pieces and pictures of the puzzles are about half the size that they have always been. I have my...
  3. Microsoft Puzzle Size

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Puzzle Size: I am having a problem with Microsoft Jigsaw Pluzzle Classic size...Windows 10 games on Dell laptop. Three days ago, my puzzles were showing up just fine. Now all of the puzzle pieces and pictures of the puzzles are about half the size that they have always been. I have my...
  4. Puzzle Size, resolution or ???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Puzzle Size, resolution or ???: I download or save some of the background pictures that Microsoft displays on the monitor when it is idle.However, many of them are too fuzzy when trying to create a jigsaw puzzle and have to choose something different.It says, I think 'it must be 640 in size'. What does that...
  5. Puzzle Size, resolution or ???

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Puzzle Size, resolution or ???: I download or save some of the background pictures that Microsoft displays on the monitor when it is idle.However, many of them are too fuzzy when trying to create a jigsaw puzzle and have to choose something different.It says, I think 'it must be 640 in size'. What does that...
  6. Windows folder size...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows folder size...: This question had been asked previously, but there had been no resolution AFAIK... The "C:\Windows" folder size on my system is: [img] The three folders, that are targeted to be relocated/deleted, have a combined size of ~27 GBs. There are two backup folders that can be...
  7. How do I decrease the size of the apps on my desktop?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I decrease the size of the apps on my desktop?: How do I decrease the size of the apps on my desktop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-decrease-the-size-of-the-apps-on-my/2f12fb9b-f287-485f-acd5-ac7a7822c276
  8. Reduce App Size on Desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Reduce App Size on Desktop: How do I reduce the size of the apps on my desktop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reduce-app-size-on-desktop/70446277-c9b6-4a35-b4b0-885469addbf8
  9. Folder puzzle

in Windows 10 Support
    Folder puzzle: My Second Copy Backup program saves a log showing any errors. I see that there are many entries like this: "cannot copy file C:\Users\All Users\Microsoft\Crypto\Keys\5bf95c440b6844e93600f7307794b5cb_ccd3b085-d6fc-48b9-8b3b-ef9a944a04d2 - Access is denied" That's...
  10. Desktop unlocking puzzle

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop unlocking puzzle: I have a GKChain Gatekeeper device. It consists of a USB dongle and a separate battery powered key which I keep on my belt. I suspect the key and dongle communicate via BlueTooth protocol, but I may well be wrong. It makes no difference though. The USB device locks my...