Windows 10: Puzzling errors when Win10 1809 and SQL Server 2017 are both installed

Discus and support Puzzling errors when Win10 1809 and SQL Server 2017 are both installed in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi all, I've been trying to diagnose this for a month, without much luck. When setting up a fresh system, I install the base Windows 10 x64 1809 from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Flaxen, Feb 2, 2019.

1. Flaxen Win User

Puzzling errors when Win10 1809 and SQL Server 2017 are both installed

Hi all,

I've been trying to diagnose this for a month, without much luck. When setting up a fresh system, I install the base Windows 10 x64 1809 from USB, all updates/drivers, then Office 2019. No problems up to that point and everything is peachy.

All hell breaks loose after I do a full install of SQL server 2017 on the system and reboot. After the login screen, it enters a loop where the screen flashes, and the words "Hi" and "Don't turn your computer off..", identical to the messages that appear when first setting up the system. Nothing happens or advances, even when left for quite awhile.

It will enter the above loop about 2/3 of the time, but occasionally I am able to log in with no problems. When I do so, and examine the Event Viewer, there are a string of 12 Service Control Manager errors 7005, detailed as:

"The LoadUserProfile call failed with the following error: The remote procedure call failed."

After several of these errors involving LoadUserProfile, the following is displayed for the 7005 event:

"The LoadUserProfile call failed with the following error: The RPC server is unavailable."

I've tried various combinations of software and installations, and isolated this problem to SQL Server 2017 and Windows 10 1809. If I install Win10 from an older 1803 USB, everything works fine after the SQL server install (and Visual Studio is installed as well, with no errors). Also, if I do not install SQL server 2017, there are no problems logging in or in system function.

Things I have tried so far without effect:

booting in safe mode
    un-install/re-install SQL server
    sfc /scannow
    chkdsk
    clearing DCOM errors by fixing permissions
    disabling various components in BIOS, in case of a driver conflict

Has anyone seen/experienced something like this? Any other ideas on what to try?

:)

Flaxen, Feb 2, 2019

2. Downgrade of SQL Server 2017 to SQL Server 2012

Hi,

Please suggest me how can i get the licence for SQL Server 2012.

Currently we have SQL Server 2017 Volume licencing.

Regards,

Praveen.

PraveenkumarOPP, Feb 2, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    SQL Server 2017 CTP 2.1 now available

Source: SQL Server 2017 CTP 2.1 now available | SQL Server Blog

Brink, Feb 2, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

SQL Server 2017 Reporting Services Release Candidate now available

Source: SQL Server 2017 Reporting Services Release Candidate now available | SQL Server Reporting Services Team Blog

Brink, Feb 2, 2019
Thema:

1. Puzzling errors when Win10 1809 and SQL Server 2017 are both installed - Similar Threads - Puzzling errors Win10

2. Will the СU32 be released for MS SQL Server 2017?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Will the СU32 be released for MS SQL Server 2017?: Hi all.Hope you are doing well!Do you know if Microsoft plans to release the CU32 update package for MS SQL Server 2017?I checked the official website and found that the Mainstream End Date is October 11, 2022, but the Extended End Date is October 12, 2027.As far as I...
  3. SQL server installation error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SQL server installation error: Dear team,I Would like to inform to this mail when i am installing SQL server in Windows server 2012R2 Operating system i am getting error.and find out the attached Images kindly do the need full ASAP.Best regards,IT....
  4. SQL server installation error

SQL server installation error: Dear team,I Would like to inform to this mail when i am installing SQL server in Windows server 2012R2 Operating system i am getting error.and find out the attached Images kindly do the need full ASAP.Best regards,IT....
  5. SQL server installation error

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. SQL Server 2014 preinstall to Win10 1809

SQL Server 2014 preinstall to Win10 1809: Hi, anyone knows if it is possible to some how preinstall SQL Server 2014 to Windows 10, so it is preinstalled but not configured? And when needed, it is fast to configure and take it to in use. Also it is needed to be installed via SCCM Task Sequence to a machine which is...
  7. SQL Server Express 2017 Installation Fails

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    SQL Server Express 2017 Installation Fails: Hi I am trying to install SQL Server 2017 Express on my Laptop on which I am an Administrator. It just fails with: Unable to install SQL Server setup.exe. Exit code Decimal: -2068052310Error description: An installation package for the product Microsoft SQL Server...
  8. SQL server 2017 Express Edition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    SQL server 2017 Express Edition: Hi I have the following problem: I want to install sql server 2017 express and have tried several times but I keep getting the same error. I googled the error but couldn't find any solutions that worked for me. The installer says "Unable to install SQL server (setup.exe)....
  9. sql server install error

sql server install error: I get the error message of "Version string portion was too short or too long." I've uninstalled all previous versions of SQL and removed any references to .net framework. Windows10-64bit, I5-3GHZ, 16GB ram How do I get past this install error?...
  10. General availability of SQL Server 2017 on October 2, 2017

in Windows 10 News
    General availability of SQL Server 2017 on October 2, 2017: Microsoft has heard from you, our customers, that your data estate gets bigger, more complicated, and more diverse every year. You need solutions that work across platforms, whether on-premises or in the cloud, and that meet your data workloads where they are. Embracing this...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win10 1809 sql express install error

2. windows 10 upgrade 1809 fails sql server installed

3. unable to install sql server express 2017 in 1809 SOE windows 10