Windows 10: Puzzling "Z:\ is unavailable. ..." mesasage

Discus and support Puzzling "Z:\ is unavailable. ..." mesasage in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I keep a set of setup and configuration files on a NAS drive mapped to drive letter Z:. And I have some programs that configuration files in system... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by pokeefe0001, Feb 27, 2021.

1. Puzzling "Z:\ is unavailable. ..." mesasage

I keep a set of setup and configuration files on a NAS drive mapped to drive letter Z:. And I have some programs that configuration files in system folders - Firefox references a user-provided "Distribution" folder in its Program Files folder; OpenVPN has (or had) a user-modified "Config" file in its Program Files folder.

Copying these files presents no problem on 4 of my computers, but on a new Dell laptop I get a "Z:\ is unavailable. ..." message when I try copying into system files. I get the expected message requiring Admin access, but after giving permission I get that "unavailable" message. I get around this by first copying the data into a non-system folder on my C: drive and then copying from there into the system folder. This gets the job done, but the extra step is irritating because it provides no extra security and because it's not necessary on my other computers.

All the computers are running Win 10 20H2. And just to be sure, I just copied from my Z: drive into Program Files with no problem on one of the 4 older computers so I know it's not some recent maintenance that's preventing the copy.

This feels like a permissions issue but the error message does look like a permissions error. I don't recall doing anything on my other computers that circumvented this. Is it a special Dell "feature"? Is there any way around it?

:)

pokeefe0001, Feb 27, 2021
  2. Amit_Sun Win User

Microsoft Classic Jigsaw Puzzles - How to re-look at solved puzzles

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

You can try the step below to check the last solved puzzle.

Method: Check last played game.

1. Open Jigsaw Puzzle.
    2. Search for My account and you will see images below
      My account, click on the image and all your last solved puzzle will be there.

If you have any further question related to the game, I suggest you please check

Microsoft Casual Games Community

Regards,

Amit Sunar

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Amit_Sun, Feb 27, 2021
  3. Junaid_A Win User
    Sharing User created Puzzles

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forums.

The limit of 4 custom puzzles is due to the UserPuzzles folder being full. To add more than 4 custom puzzles, I suggest you to try the steps listed below and check if it works.

• Open File Explorer and navigate to the following location:
    C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftJigsaw_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\UserPuzzles\UserPuzzlesPack

Note: UserName is your username.

• Delete or Rename the folder
      UserPuzzles inside UserPuzzlesPack.
    • Delete or Rename the file:
      puzzles.xml
    • Exit File Explorer and try creating the custom puzzles again.

If you’re speaking about moving the user puzzle files, you may copy it to any desired location. For more information, I suggest you to go through
    Microsoft Casual Games FAQ and post the query in
    the Casual Games community.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Feb 27, 2021
  4. Puzzling "Z:\ is unavailable. ..." mesasage

Puzzles

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

In this case we would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below to clear & reset Windows Store Cache.

1. Type wsreset in the search bar.
    2. Right click on wsreset Run command and Select
      Run as administrator.
    3. Now Windows store will open, you can now search for the puzzle app and try installing updates if it has any.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking Yes or No.

Manjunath H

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Manjunath_H, Feb 27, 2021
Thema:

Puzzling "Z:\ is unavailable. ..." mesasage

1. Puzzling "Z:\ is unavailable. ..." mesasage - Similar Threads - Puzzling unavailable mesasage

2. Puzzling "Z:\ is unavailable. ..." mesasage

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Puzzling "Z:\ is unavailable. ..." mesasage: I keep a set of setup and configuration files on a NAS drive mapped to drive letter Z:. And I have some programs that configuration files in system folders - Firefox references a user-provided "Distribution" folder in its Program Files folder; OpenVPN has (or had) a...
  3. missing puzzles

in Windows 10 Gaming
    missing puzzles: All of my purchased puzzles are gone. This is the second time that this has happened to me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/missing-puzzles/4758d886-3dc0-4eaa-894d-999f8e9ad728
  4. Bootcamp puzzle

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bootcamp puzzle: Hey there fellow PC users, there's a bit of a problem with my computer. For a long time, I was an apple fanboy, but since they switched to AMD GPUs I had to make a change. I need those green cards for my daily work. - I decided to stop relying on apple for hardware. About...
  5. Bootcamp puzzle

in Windows 10 Support
    Bootcamp puzzle: Hey there fellow PC users, there's a bit of a problem with my computer. For a long time, I was an apple fanboy, but since they switched to AMD GPUs I had to make a change. I need those green cards for my daily work. - I decided to stop relying on apple for hardware. About...
  6. Puzzled by Partioning

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Puzzled by Partioning: I'm juggling (balancing) space allocated to several partitions, and was curious about the system partitions I'm seeing... I mounted a few of these to see what they involved... [img] Here's what I saw (please correct, and fill in the gaps of my understanding SYSTEM: This is...
  7. more puzzles

in Windows 10 Gaming
    more puzzles: I've played Mahjong for years, but there are never any new puzzles. I play the Expert level, and there are only 6 puzzles. Is there a way to get more puzzles?. Bill https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/more-puzzles/b3bdc373-f6a5-4015-a5b0-f9d1fd590a90
  8. NO NEW PUZZLES

in Windows 10 Gaming
    NO NEW PUZZLES: Hello, I cant find any new word puzzles I have finished everything on the extra maps. The last world map puzzles only cover the year 2017. Is there something I can do or go to?? Thanks...
  9. majic puzzle

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    majic puzzle: I play the daily puzzle every morning. Today it will not load and is just gone. I was on level 52 or 53 and have about 6 or 7 unsolved packs. Can you help get my puzzles back??...
  10. puzzled..

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    puzzled..: I ve windows 10 with windows defender security on. I was trying to find out why the firewall isnt coming on when everything else was on. after trying what I thought, I accidently turned the windows defender security to an earlier programme (I think). Everything now has gone...