Windows 10: PW Forgotten. Can't Get Past Welcome Sign-In Screen!

Discus and support PW Forgotten. Can't Get Past Welcome Sign-In Screen! in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi! Where can I go in Microsoft to find out what my password is to open my other Windows 10 desktop computer? Previously, it would sign in without a... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Linne43, Aug 4, 2019.

1. Linne43 Win User

PW Forgotten. Can't Get Past Welcome Sign-In Screen!

Hi!

Where can I go in Microsoft to find out what my password is to open my other Windows 10 desktop computer? Previously, it would sign in without a password. Now it asks for one and I cannot recall it. I've tried every pw I've ever used. I have important files and data are on there and I don't want to have to reset the whole thing and lose all that. I'm now using a different desktop in my home, but I need the other one to open. I've tried resetting the pw on my Microsoft account to see if that one would open it, but it didn't. Can anyone help? Thanks so much!

LB

:)

Linne43, Aug 4, 2019

2. forgotten pw on laptop

i have forgotten my pw for my windows 10 laptop, what can do to recover my PC without reinstalling Windows?

DarrenDale, Aug 4, 2019
  3. Marie170 Win User
    Can't get past Windows PW field in setting up Cortana

Hi...Need help from the experts PW Forgotten. Can't Get Past Welcome Sign-In Screen! :) Trying to set up a new computer with Windows 10, and part of the process is setting up Cortana. I established a gmail account and PW and used that to sign in as directed, then it wants a Windows PW (or PIN) as a second
    authentication, I guess. It says if you don't have one to just click Next but it won't bypass the screen. This happened multiple times.

I thought maybe I had a windows PW and forgot it, so for giggles went into change PW but it ends up being my MS sign in that I am changing. I try to use those now updated PWs for MS associated with the gmail account but it still doesn't like them so I can't
    set up anything in this new computer since I can;'t bypass the Windows PW filed even though it says I shoujdl be able to just click Next.

I went in to settings to "change PIN" thinking I could figure out how to get one and enter it but iroinically you have to provide your old PW. So once again I am stuck.

Did I do something goofy or is this a system quirk and how do I bypass it? Getting frustrated that I can't get past a rudimentary step in this process.

Thanks in advance for any specific advice!

Marie170, Aug 4, 2019
  4. DBairddb Win User

WIN10 password lost but logged in with picture pw

I log into WIN10 using the picture pw. I have forgotten the other pw. How can I reset the forgotten pw to allow me to make a pw recovery disc and avoid future pw problems?

Thanks

DB

DBairddb, Aug 4, 2019
Thema:

1. PW Forgotten. Can't Get Past Welcome Sign-In Screen! - Similar Threads - Forgotten Can't Past

2. Bug? Can't get past Welcome Screen to enter my Password.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bug? Can't get past Welcome Screen to enter my Password.: So, I have an HP Laptop running Windows 11 that has been perfectly fine until just a few days ago. I bought it brand new only a year ago. I had an update, which required a restart. After I restarted, it brought up the usual Welcome Screen with the clock, and then the power...
  3. Bug? Can't get past Welcome Screen to enter my Password.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bug? Can't get past Welcome Screen to enter my Password.: So, I have an HP Laptop running Windows 11 that has been perfectly fine until just a few days ago. I bought it brand new only a year ago. I had an update, which required a restart. After I restarted, it brought up the usual Welcome Screen with the clock, and then the power...
  4. I cannot get past the welcome screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot get past the welcome screen: My pc can’t get to the password screen. Every time I get to the welcome screen I press space or click my mouse and it dosent go to the bit where I type my password it just goes white for half a second and goes back to the welcome screen. I’ve tried restarting it and doing a...
  5. I cannot get past the welcome screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I cannot get past the welcome screen: My pc can’t get to the password screen. Every time I get to the welcome screen I press space or click my mouse and it dosent go to the bit where I type my password it just goes white for half a second and goes back to the welcome screen. I’ve tried restarting it and doing a...
  6. I cannot get past the welcome screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. i have a 2nd computer that can not get past lock screen i have forgotten the new PW is...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    i have a 2nd computer that can not get past lock screen i have forgotten the new PW is...: i can not get past lock screen. i have a user name and then other users.I can not get past either one of these is there a back door to get to the safe mode of the computer so i can default windows and restart and put in a new pw??...
  8. I can’t get past the welcome screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I can’t get past the welcome screen: When i input my password on my computer’s welcome screen, it acts like it’s been accepted, but suddenly stops and tells me the password is incorrect. The password is CORRECT, but is still not working. I think there is something faulty with the Windows 10 installation, but...
  9. Cannot get past the welcome screen.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot get past the welcome screen.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Ookgluk32 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/eac6xb/cannot_get_past_the_welcome_screen/
  10. Can't Get Past Welcome/Login Screen on Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't Get Past Welcome/Login Screen on Windows 10: Hi, I've got Windows 10 installed on my laptop and everything was fine until this morning when I opened it. I closed it last night so it might have gone into sleep mode, but I definitely did not turn it off. This morning I opened it up and tried to log in. I enter my pin...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant get past windows screen