Windows 10: Pw not working after soft boot

Discus and support Pw not working after soft boot in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I set up soft boot via msconfig to try and fix a crash due to a new game and now i cant log in because it says my password is wrong. What do i do?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Natasha__P, Apr 22, 2020.

1. Pw not working after soft boot

I set up soft boot via msconfig to try and fix a crash due to a new game and now i cant log in because it says my password is wrong. What do i do?

:)

Natasha__P, Apr 22, 2020
  2. cobrasl Win User

External Hard Drive (WD Elements) is visible in PW but not in explorer

followed steps..

the partition displayed as below...

Pw not working after soft boot [​IMG]

as advised I selected "list".. and for a long time it was like this..

Pw not working after soft boot [​IMG]

cobrasl, Apr 22, 2020
  3. GNJha Win User
    Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Apr 22, 2020
  4. Pw not working after soft boot

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Apr 22, 2020
Thema:

Pw not working after soft boot

1. Pw not working after soft boot - Similar Threads - working soft boot

2. System Restore Page, pw not working, blackscreen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Restore Page, pw not working, blackscreen: I'm at the system restore page and it says Hi, Administrator but when I put in my pw it says it's wrong, I did a system reinstall because my screen is black I thought this would help and now I'm stuck at the pw part so I can't see if this is going to let me see my desktop...
  3. Locked out: PIN will not work until PW entered. PW not recognized.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Locked out: PIN will not work until PW entered. PW not recognized.: Due to recurring issues with updates, I partially reset my PC kept my files, restored to original set up. This was a last resort after following about 6-7 different methods of trying to correct the issue. After this was done, my PIN would not work until I entered my PW but he...
  4. Computer not turning on after soft boot?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer not turning on after soft boot?: I went into Windows Run box, typed MSCONFIG, went to boot tab, applied safe boot and then restarted my computer and now the Monitor isn’t responding. Any help? submitted by /u/zayystar [link] [comments]...
  5. Pin and PW not working , computer in airplane mode

Pin and PW not working , computer in airplane mode: I have read EVERY thread and tried every tutorial given by Microsoft on them amd I cannot get into my computer. Left for a meeting and it was updating -Come back and it says "Something happened and your pin isnt available. Click to set up your pin again" -click setup pin...
  6. forgot pc's pw and cannot open after changing microsoft' pw

forgot pc's pw and cannot open after changing microsoft' pw: i cannot open my pc1 for i forgot my pw. got directed to change(microsoft pw), so i changed several times, still pc won't open. used the other pc2 and changed again. still pc1 won't open...??? am totally confused....
  7. wifi pw

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    wifi pw: Our laptop is still attached to our wi-fi, but my wife's tablet isn't and we're not sure of wifi password - is there anyplace on our laptop where we can find the pw ?? thx https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-pw/6998431b-283e-4131-83bb-0ef5548a6528
  8. Volume Stays Soft After Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Volume Stays Soft After Update: I just updated my computer, and it worked fine for a while. After about an hour or two however, the volume was really low. If I turn everything all the way up, then I can hear it very faintly, but that's it. I updated my audio drivers, and restarted my computer, but nothing...
  9. Bitlock PW does not work anymore

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bitlock PW does not work anymore: Hi there, first, I am German, not the most technical person and you are my last chance, to rescue some very important data. So excuses my English and thanks a lot for any attempt to help me.Here the problem: After connecting my HDD with a friend’s computer, it was...
  10. Do not require PW at startup not working

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Do not require PW at startup not working: It's items like this that makes me love W7. I have tried all the settings I can find, tutorials I can find and it keeps requiring me to enter my PW at start up. It is not requiring one when it wakes from sleep. What am I kissing?? Thanks for any advice. 68196