Windows 10: PwrShell: Remove-AppxPackage & Remove-AppxProvisionedPackage -AllUsers

Discus and support PwrShell: Remove-AppxPackage & Remove-AppxProvisionedPackage -AllUsers in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I would like to ask a couple of questions regarding PowerShell commands for App management (OS build 19041.450) First: is there any difference... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Mark0, Aug 31, 2020.

1. Mark0 Win User

PwrShell: Remove-AppxPackage & Remove-AppxProvisionedPackage -AllUsers

Hello,
    I would like to ask a couple of questions regarding PowerShell commands for App management (OS build 19041.450)

First: is there any difference between
    Get-AppxPackage *Microsoft.XboxApp* | Remove-AppxPackage
    and
    Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers *Microsoft.XboxApp* | Remove-AppxPackage
    if there is only one user on the computer?

Second: what is the difference between
    Remove-AppxProvisionedPackage -Online -PackageName MyAppxPkg
    and
    Remove-AppxProvisionedPackage -AllUsers -Online -PackageName MyAppxPkg

Thanks for any help,
    Mark

:)

Mark0, Aug 31, 2020
  2. R-T-B Win User

Yay or Nay? Bloatware removal tool for Windows 10

[/quote] Click to expand... True, but the "Modern" framework itself is unremovable and always running. At least that's my understanding.

R-T-B, Aug 31, 2020
  3. Solaris17 Win User
    Yay or Nay? Bloatware removal tool for Windows 10

I run this before sysprepping my images to roll out. I only keep the store itself and calculator. (accountants get angry if you remove that)

Code: Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers | where-object {$_.name -notlike "*Microsoft.WindowsStore*"} | where-object {$_.name -notlike "*Microsoft.WindowsCalculator*"} | Remove-AppxPackage Get-AppxProvisionedPackage -online | where-object {$_.packagename -notlike "*Microsoft.WindowsStore*"} | where-object {$_.packagename -notlike "*Microsoft.WindowsCalculator*"} | Remove-AppxProvisionedPackage -online[/quote]

Solaris17, Aug 31, 2020
  4. PwrShell: Remove-AppxPackage & Remove-AppxProvisionedPackage -AllUsers

Customise OS with PowerShell script to remove ALL Apps.

I wonder if someone can just see if my logic is correct here please.

To make sure that everything [the Apps I DON'T want] are truly gone, will the below logic work?

My understanding is that they need to be removed using the Get-AppxPackage AND using the Get-AppxProvisionedPackage.

Here are a few examples of what I mean above.

Using the Get-AppxPackage . . .
    Code:
    Using the Get-AppxProvisionedPackage . . .
    Code:
    Then to make sure that they are NOT re-installed when a new update/rollout is released, I can use . . .
    Code:
    Thanks in advance.

Paul Black, Aug 31, 2020
Thema:

PwrShell: Remove-AppxPackage & Remove-AppxProvisionedPackage -AllUsers

1. PwrShell: Remove-AppxPackage & Remove-AppxProvisionedPackage -AllUsers - Similar Threads - PwrShell Remove AppxPackage

2. AppxPackages Removal

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AppxPackages Removal: As a part of a new computer setup that I do, I run a PowerShell script that removes a bunch of the unnecessary AppxPackages. For some reason on 1 specific new computer, I cannot remove any appx-package even when I run the command manually rather than in my script. There isn't...
  3. Unable to remove appxpackage with -AllUsers attribute

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Unable to remove appxpackage with -AllUsers attribute: Hello Team,Am trying to use Remove-AppxPackage command to remove an appx package for all the users, it fails with below error. However, If I run the command without -AllUsers attributes it works.CommandRemove-appxpackage...
  4. Unable to remove appxpackage with -AllUsers attribute

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to remove appxpackage with -AllUsers attribute: Hello Team,Am trying to use Remove-AppxPackage command to remove an appx package for all the users, it fails with below error. However, If I run the command without -AllUsers attributes it works.CommandRemove-appxpackage...
  5. Unable to remove appxpackage with -AllUsers attribute

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Remove-AppxPackage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove-AppxPackage: Remove-appxpackage <packagefullname> -user <string sid>is not removing package for the user when running as admin or system. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-appxpackage/83911c99-a710-40f4-a55d-4de396b3b68e
  7. Remove-AppxPackage

Remove-AppxPackage: Remove-appxpackage <packagefullname> -user <string sid>is not removing package for the user when running as admin or system. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-appxpackage/83911c99-a710-40f4-a55d-4de396b3b68e
  8. Remove-AppXPackage Mail for Windows 10 -AllUsers no longer works

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove-AppXPackage Mail for Windows 10 -AllUsers no longer works: Get-AppXpackage *windowscomm* Remove-AppxPackage -AllUsers This used to work, it now doesn't. Please our dear overlord Microsoft, please impose the divine light that I may customise the enterprise environment I manage and not have my users trying to log into Mail for...
  9. AppxPackages AND AppxProvisionedPackages.

AppxPackages AND AppxProvisionedPackages.: Good afternoon. Question 1: I have written a PowerShell script to remove AppxPackages AND AppxProvisionedPackages. However, the following do NOT get removed [even run as the Built-In Administrator] . . ....
  10. remove-AppxProvisionedPackage Unspecified Error

remove-AppxProvisionedPackage Unspecified Error: Does anyone know how to fix these errors? [img] This happens for any provisioned package I attempt to remove (as listed by Get-AppxProvisionedPackage -online). 19943