Windows 10: PXE boot stops at Windows PE screen

Discus and support PXE boot stops at Windows PE screen in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am trying to learn more about deploying Windows 10 through deployment services. I have everything set up on my server. I got no errors when setting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ToddM, Mar 9, 2019.

1. ToddM Win User

PXE boot stops at Windows PE screen

I am trying to learn more about deploying Windows 10 through deployment services. I have everything set up on my server. I got no errors when setting it up, I can see the images for Windows 10 that are available. I turn on the computer and F12 to PXE boot and it sees the server and the task bar shows it loading the wim file. It gets past this and then I get a PE screen showing a CMD box. At this point, it just stops. I don't get to the point to select the image to install. I'm not sure why it stops and was wondering if anyone has seen this or any suggestions on what to check.

:)

ToddM, Mar 9, 2019

2. PXE BOOT and Defrag

Is it possible to PXE BOOT Defrag Windows XP Pro over the network? At work we have a TON of XP Pro machines we use and they are slow as a coffin in a grave due to fragmentation.
    The IT dept can not get to them as it is a 2-3 man crew. Is it possible to PXE Boot to initiate a defrag over the network to all the PCs? The management wont let them install other tools.

Killer_Rubber_Ducky, Mar 9, 2019
  3. Rhyseh Win User
    PXE BOOT and Defrag

It is possible to PXE boot into a "light" windows XP install using a FOG server:

FOG Project

I have successfully setup a laptop as a fog server and loaded various tools such as Hiren's boot CD into the PXE menu. It requires some work but it works well.

As stated above though it would be easier to use group policy to achieve this.

Rhyseh, Mar 9, 2019
  4. v12dock Win User

PXE BOOT and Defrag

Fog is an awesome utility we used it to image over 200 machine over at place I used to be employed at. You might be able to setup a PXE of hirens boot

v12dock, Mar 9, 2019
Thema:

1. PXE boot stops at Windows PE screen - Similar Threads - PXE boot stops

2. PXE -E61 & PXE -M0F when boot up computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PXE -E61 & PXE -M0F when boot up computer: After changing harddisk, it still show as picture as below https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pxe-e61-pxe-m0f-when-boot-up-computer/3507d695-9fa6-42e2-840f-a1c5d7ae60a6
  3. PXE -E61 & PXE -M0F when boot up computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PXE -E61 & PXE -M0F when boot up computer: After changing harddisk, it still show as picture as below https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pxe-e61-pxe-m0f-when-boot-up-computer/3507d695-9fa6-42e2-840f-a1c5d7ae60a6
  4. PXE -E61 & PXE -M0F when boot up computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. UEFI pxe boot problem with WDS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UEFI pxe boot problem with WDS: Hello all,Recently, we purchased gigabyte H510M S2P motherboards and I could not enable legacybios mode to install windows from WDS server. When i enable CSM on mitherboard to boot with bios it hangs on bios boot screen, so I enabled network stack to be able to boot from uefi...
  6. HTTPS boot vs PXE Boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HTTPS boot vs PXE Boot: I am familiar with PXE boot via Windows Server and creating images with MDT, is there a way to set up HTTPS boot with Images created through MDT? Or to create a HTTPS Boot Server that uses images made with MDT....
  7. HTTPS boot vs PXE Boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HTTPS boot vs PXE Boot: I am familiar with PXE boot via Windows Server and creating images with MDT, is there a way to set up HTTPS boot with Images created through MDT? Or to create a HTTPS Boot Server that uses images made with MDT....
  8. HTTPS boot vs PXE Boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Occasional BSOD and then getting PXE-E61, PXE-M0F errors on Boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Occasional BSOD and then getting PXE-E61, PXE-M0F errors on Boot: I have a dell inspiron 15 3521 laptop, windows 10 installed. From the past few days, I sometimes get a blue screen of death BSOD and then get the PXE-E61and PXE-M0F errors on boot. After rebooting the laptop a few times, it turns back on fine. One thing I have noticed is...
  10. PXE Boot Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    PXE Boot Windows 10: Hi! I've downloaded Windows 10 ISO file and extracted it to a local folder. I need to do a reinstalling on several PCs over PXE network boot, but don't know where to start? Is there anyone who can give me some tips or instructions? Thanks a lot!

Users found this page by searching for:

1. PXE-E79 NBP Is too big to fit in free base memory.

2. fog not connection to pxe for image capture

3. windows PXE boot hangs at initializing windows pe