Windows 10: Python.exe and pip (both run from cmd) "stop working" instantly

Discus and support Python.exe and pip (both run from cmd) "stop working" instantly in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Does anyone have any ideas as to why Python and pip "stop working" when run from cmd? For instance, if I go into cmd and type python -v (to check... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by lonepalm, Aug 4, 2015.

1. lonepalm Win User

Python.exe and pip (both run from cmd) "stop working" instantly

Does anyone have any ideas as to why Python and pip "stop working" when run from cmd? For instance, if I go into cmd and type python -v (to check version), Windows will give me the "stopped working" window. Same with pip (when trying to update packages). What's really weird is that I can still run python scripts (for things like browser automation) just fine. Problem is, I can't update anything (using pip).

Any help is much appreciated, though this may be something better suited for their respective forums (if they exist).

Thanks!

:)

lonepalm, Aug 4, 2015

2. N79; can't run " home media " menu

sawatdee krap,

maybe because you havent set any connections for "home media". i think it needs to connect with your computer. you also need to install SimpleCenter's Home Media Server software on your PC

maybe this will help you -

http://europe.nokia.com/A41123203

Message Edited by fring on 23-Nov-2008 03:20 PM

fring---01, Aug 4, 2015
  3. moo09 Win User
    N79; can't run " home media " menu

I'm in Thailand . I just buy N79 , but I have found my phone can run " home media " menu. When I go to " home media " menu it's push back to "connectivity" menu .

When I go to Nokia Care center . They said All N79 was bug as this. Wait to upgrade firmware as now it's already new as 10.046

Please share information with me

moo09, Aug 4, 2015
Thema:

Python.exe and pip (both run from cmd) "stop working" instantly

1. Python.exe and pip (both run from cmd) "stop working" instantly - Similar Threads - Python exe pip

2. run,cmd not opening

in Windows 10 Customization
    run,cmd not opening: i opened my start menu and in that i opened windows system in which there is no run and cmd options only taskmanager is present hoe to re insall run and cmd...
  3. Extracting drivers from exe that doesn't have cmd extract switch

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Extracting drivers from exe that doesn't have cmd extract switch: I am in the process of building custom images for deployment. Part of that of course is to include the required drivers. Usually I would extract the needed .inf files from the executable for whatever I was needing, i.e. LAN, Chipset, Graphics, etc, from cmd with the...
  4. RUN won't 'run' EXE files

in Windows 10 Support
    RUN won't 'run' EXE files: Since 1803 was loaded on 3 of my Dell laptops (various models) I've discovered that the RUN function (under Windows Start Button) won't "run" an EXE file that is located in my download folder. Same response on 3 different laptops. I have a history of the APP for these EXEs...
  5. Can't run .exe

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't run .exe: An update to AVG was performed on our computer. After that ran, when we try to open any program we receive the message: xxxx.exe- Application error the application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000135). Click OK to close the application. This occurs for any...
  6. CMD not working.

in Windows 10 Support
    CMD not working.: My CMD is not opening. Everything else seems perfect and powershell works. Anyone know how to repair it? I tried the restore health line in powershell, it didn't work. EDIT: I opened just now and it said something about sound mixer, sat for a min and closed out. Then...
  7. Disallowrun and locked exe, cmd, regedit

in Windows 10 Support
    Disallowrun and locked exe, cmd, regedit: I did a very stupid thing. I tried to make windows block one application by creating registry in Policies/Explorer named RestrictRun. I did it and then I also created DisallowRun. In KEy Restrict run I added one application, but i couldnt create key for DisallowRun and...
  8. Registry is not starting from main .exe, RUN and in cmd

in Windows 10 Support
    Registry is not starting from main .exe, RUN and in cmd: i have no idea what's making it not pop up im trying all the ways to get it to open, i tried: * regedit in run(win+r) * registry.exe in cmd with admin rights * clicking on the main .exe located in the windows folder 18138
  9. Help! Win 10 cannot run CMD with python and Jenkins

in Windows 10 Support
    Help! Win 10 cannot run CMD with python and Jenkins: I'm developing some scripts on Win 10. But suddenly all the script failed due to it cannot invoke CMD on Win10. Here is one example, " import os os.system("cd .") " It is a very simple code that python to call CMD to execute "cd .". But it always return "-1073740791"....
  10. i cant run both RUN and CMD programs

in Windows 10 Support
    i cant run both RUN and CMD programs: both cmd and run dialog boxes aren't accessable. I type them in search box, the programs are there, but when I click on them, nothing happens. whats wrong and how to fix it? I need cmd to run because sometimes, my Ethernet connection is down, so I type the usual commands to...