Windows 10: Python performance degradation with Windows 11 22H2 and Intel Alder Lake

Discus and support Python performance degradation with Windows 11 22H2 and Intel Alder Lake in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; After upgrading to WIndows 11 22H2, I noted a significant performance degradation running python programs in the PowerShell. For example, a cpu bound... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by WaltsHollow, Dec 9, 2022.

1. Python performance degradation with Windows 11 22H2 and Intel Alder Lake

After upgrading to WIndows 11 22H2, I noted a significant performance degradation running python programs in the PowerShell. For example, a cpu bound program which normally took about 50 seconds to run now takes about 90 seconds. The problem seems to be specific to the Intel Alder Lake and probably Raptor Lake processor families. With Win 22H1, the python programs in the PowerShell were assigned to the performance cores. Under 22H2, they now seem to be allocated to the efficiency cores, resulting in the performance hit. I observed the core utilizations using Resource Monitor and XTU. Disab

:)

WaltsHollow, Dec 9, 2022
  2. Brink Win User

Intel 12th Gen Core Alder Lake-S platform detailed

Read more: Exclusive: Intel 12th Gen Core "Alder Lake-S" platform detailed - VideoCardz.com

Brink, Dec 9, 2022
  3. Marcus Vinicus, Dec 9, 2022
  4. Steve C Win User

Python performance degradation with Windows 11 22H2 and Intel Alder Lake

Steve C, Dec 9, 2022
Thema:

Python performance degradation with Windows 11 22H2 and Intel Alder Lake

1. Python performance degradation with Windows 11 22H2 and Intel Alder Lake - Similar Threads - Python performance degradation

2. Windows 11 degraded performance/ Will investigate for the community.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 degraded performance/ Will investigate for the community.: Hi, I have an HP Elitebook 840 G6. I have upgraded the RAM to 32GB PC4-32000, it has an NVME SSD drive Samsung EVO I believe. Worked fine on Windows 10, battery life was decent, and fans never blew that hard. After my upgrade, however; I have noticed significant delays with...
  3. Windows 11 degraded performance/ Will investigate for the community.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 degraded performance/ Will investigate for the community.: Hi, I have an HP Elitebook 840 G6. I have upgraded the RAM to 32GB PC4-32000, it has an NVME SSD drive Samsung EVO I believe. Worked fine on Windows 10, battery life was decent, and fans never blew that hard. After my upgrade, however; I have noticed significant delays with...
  4. Python performance degradation with Windows 11 22H2 and Intel Alder Lake

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Python performance degradation with Windows 11 22H2 and Intel Alder Lake: After upgrading to WIndows 11 22H2, I noted a significant performance degradation running python programs in the PowerShell. For example, a cpu bound program which normally took about 50 seconds to run now takes about 90 seconds. The problem seems to be specific to the Intel...
  5. Cant install Windows 10 or 11 at Alder Lake PC with SSD NVMe m2, BSoD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant install Windows 10 or 11 at Alder Lake PC with SSD NVMe m2, BSoD: Hello Community!I decided to update my hardware to Alder Lake 12th gen specs.Its not going well though :Installing windows 11 or 10 gives BSoD with code "memory management" around at "copying files step". Sometimes it finished and tried going into configuration setting...
  6. Question: Will more laptops with Intel Alder Lake or AMD's equivalent be available to buy...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Question: Will more laptops with Intel Alder Lake or AMD's equivalent be available to buy...: March 29, 2022 is my Aunt Betsy's 66th birthday, at which point she becomes middle age according to the World Health Organization. Also, it's when I put in my product key for another year of Microsoft 365 Personal to extend the auto renew date to March 29, 2027. I should not...
  7. Question: Will more laptops with Intel Alder Lake or AMD's equivalent be available to buy...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Question: Will more laptops with Intel Alder Lake or AMD's equivalent be available to buy...: March 29, 2022 is my Aunt Betsy's 66th birthday, at which point she becomes middle age according to the World Health Organization. Also, it's when I put in my product key for another year of Microsoft 365 Personal to extend the auto renew date to March 29, 2027. I should not...
  8. Intel 12th Gen Core Alder Lake-S platform detailed

in Windows 10 News
    Intel 12th Gen Core Alder Lake-S platform detailed: We have received the first details on Alder Lake-S, the upcoming desktop and mobile platform from Intel. The slides confirm the most important aspects of the new architecture, including desktop and mobile platforms. First and foremost, Intel claims up to 20% single-thread...
  9. Windows 10 Performance Degradation

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Performance Degradation: Hi, My PC is now 5 years old and its performance has been gradually degrading over the last few months until it is almost unusable. I am trying to determine if this is just because of its age, whether it's a hardware problem, a problem with Windows, or with some third-party...
  10. Startup performance degradation...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Startup performance degradation...: There's an app on my system that causes startup performance degradation: [img] The file name in the event viewer is "Devic" and in details tab, the folder name displayed as "C:\Devic". This performance degradation does not happen every day and presumably, during the other...