Windows 10: Python Unexpected Token Syntax Error in Visual Studio Code

Discus and support Python Unexpected Token Syntax Error in Visual Studio Code in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; G'day everyone, I have been using Python through the IDLE shell for a few months now before moving to VSCode for easier use and adding it to a Git... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Incntr0l, Mar 6, 2019.

1. Incntr0l Win User

Python Unexpected Token Syntax Error in Visual Studio Code

G'day everyone,

I have been using Python through the IDLE shell for a few months now before moving to VSCode for easier use and adding it to a Git repo without having to use Git Bash. Yesterday I was doing some practice with Read/Write file and everything was going smoothly, I could read the file I had made and everything. This morning though, I ran into a bit of trouble and I cannot seem to fix it.

Each time I try and run the script just for reading a test file, it comes back with a "Syntax error near unexpected token" for open curved bracket '(' and the "*.read()" (* being the file name). Below is a small snip of the code I have done.

Python Unexpected Token Syntax Error in Visual Studio Code [​IMG]

I run that and it comes back with the Syntax error:

It is the same for the response to the print line (shown below), saying that there is an unexpected token but there is none that I can see.

I do not know what to do to fix this, I had a look around the web and couldn't find anything. If anyone knows how to fix this, please let me know.

:)

Incntr0l, Mar 6, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Python in Visual Studio Code - January 2019 Release

Read more: Python in Visual Studio Code Python at Microsoft

Brink, Mar 6, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Python Extension for Visual Studio Code - March 2018 Release

Source: Python in Visual Studio Code – March 2018 Release Python Engineering at Microsoft

Brink, Mar 6, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

Python in Visual Studio Code - May 2018 Release

Source: Python in Visual Studio Code - May 2018 Release Python at Microsoft

Brink, Mar 6, 2019
Thema:

1. Python Unexpected Token Syntax Error in Visual Studio Code - Similar Threads - Python Unexpected Token

2. Visual Studio Code C++ Syntax Highlighting Include Path

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Visual Studio Code C++ Syntax Highlighting Include Path: I'm writing a project in C++ using VSCode and want to include certain headers in my files. Normally I'd be able to do this, but the headers I need are in a separate folder path than the one I'm working on, like this:PROJECT FOLDER- src - vendor - "resource.h" - tests -...
  3. Visual Studio Code C++ Syntax Highlighting Include Path

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Visual Studio Code C++ Syntax Highlighting Include Path: I'm writing a project in C++ using VSCode and want to include certain headers in my files. Normally I'd be able to do this, but the headers I need are in a separate folder path than the one I'm working on, like this:PROJECT FOLDER- src - vendor - "resource.h" - tests -...
  4. Visual Studio Code C++ Syntax Highlighting Include Path

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Visual Studio code says my Python code is ALL RIGHT, but...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Visual Studio code says my Python code is ALL RIGHT, but...: But when I try to run it, the garbage tells me the is indentation is wrong.Now what's worse, their indentation standards are so awful, you can't align the next line right below the first character to make it look nice.Why can't MS do anything right?Any ideas, even though I'm...
  6. Visual Studio code says my Python code is ALL RIGHT, but...

Visual Studio code says my Python code is ALL RIGHT, but...: But when I try to run it, the garbage tells me the is indentation is wrong.Now what's worse, their indentation standards are so awful, you can't align the next line right below the first character to make it look nice.Why can't MS do anything right?Any ideas, even though I'm...
  7. Visual Studio Python

Visual Studio Python: I think I have a python extension missing or something because python doesn't seem to be working properly in Visual Studio Code. What can I do to resolve this problem? I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to ask this, I just really am not sure where else.here is my code: wlcm...
  8. Python in Visual Studio Code - January 2019 Release

in Windows 10 News
    Python in Visual Studio Code - January 2019 Release: We are pleased to announce that the January 2019 release of the Python Extension for Visual Studio Code is now available. You can download the Python extension from the Marketplace, or install it directly from the extension gallery in Visual Studio Code. You can learn more...
  9. Python in Visual Studio Code - May 2018 Release

in Windows 10 News
    Python in Visual Studio Code - May 2018 Release: We are pleased to announce that the May 2018 release of the Python Extension for Visual Studio Code is now available from the marketplace and the gallery. You can download the Python extension from the marketplace, or install it directly from the extension gallery in Visual...
  10. Python Extension for Visual Studio Code - March 2018 Release

in Windows 10 News
    Python Extension for Visual Studio Code - March 2018 Release: We are pleased to announce that the March 2018 release of the Python Extension for Visual Studio Code is now available from the marketplace and the gallery. You can the download the Python extension from the marketplace, or install it directly from the extension gallery in...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unexpected token python visual studio

2. unexpected token player_1python(parser-16)

3. unexpected token en pyton

4. visual studio code python Unexpected token,
  5. vscode python unexpected token {python(parser-16),
  6. error in vs code setting titles in python error,
  7. Visual Studio pyton pylint unexprcted token,
  8. unexpected token in visual studio,
  9. python unexpected token print,
  10. vs code python error unexpected token,
  11. msbuild python syntax error,
  12. syntax error in python in visual studio,
  13. unexpexted token error python,
  14. Python Unexpected Token Syntax Error in Visual Studio Code ,