Windows 10: Q & A: 'format'

Discus and support Q & A: 'format' in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; goal be able to use ssd see ssd + hdd diskmgt Postimages drivessss Postimages 'disk 0' is ssd (dont know why it doesnt even show a name - guess... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by helpfixcomputer, Dec 4, 2020.

1. Q & A: 'format'

goal

be able to use ssd

see ssd + hdd

diskmgt Postimages
    drivessss Postimages

'disk 0' is ssd (dont know why it doesnt even show a name - guess need to use a better tool/app to show that would show this better )

facts

os came like this, split between both

all i want to know

if it's easy to 'format' part of sdd (and not have to format whole thing) then ok
    this seems to be case

only wanna know how format ssd

there ~230 of space that can be used for stuff

what are steps to format the empty un-used space

that is all i care about, nothing else

other things clutters up the thread and makes it very hard for me or anyone else to read or use

terms used drives disks partiion letters all make everything confusing and this topic extremely hard to search

see 2 drives inside a computer

what are steps to format the empty un-used space, that is all

lsit steps

if i need to download the best tool to do this, can do that

to do w/e this 'format' thing is in a few steps, if it's not simple or easy cos os is split between 2, THEN ill think about other options/routes

:)

helpfixcomputer, Dec 4, 2020
  2. Fernandz Win User

How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, Dec 4, 2020
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Cannot Format HD

Need to initialize it as GPT disk type with HD > 2TB:
    From Admin command prompt:
    1. diskpart
    2. list disk =====> Take a note of disk # for the 4TB HD
    3. select disk # ====> From step 2
    4. clean
    5. exit
    Open Disk Management and initialize the disk as GPT, create simple then format.

topgundcp, Dec 4, 2020
  4. John Sarc Win User

Q & A: 'format'

Changing Time Format

Hi Mary,

There's a possibility that the set up time format in your computer Basic Input/Output System (BIOS) is military time. To have this checked, you can try to reset the time of your computer through Control Panel. See the steps below on how to do
    so:

• Open Control Panel > Clock, Language, and Region >
      Change date, time, or number formats. This would open the
      Region
      window.
    • From there, click on Additional settings at the bottom part. It will open the Customize Format.
    • Click Reset; then, OK.

The steps should work; however, if not, we suggest that you contact manufacturer and have the BIOS time checked.

Let us know what happens after doing the suggestions .

John Sarc, Dec 4, 2020
Thema:

Q & A: 'format'

1. Q & A: 'format' - Similar Threads - 'format'

2. How can we track my laptop if theif format my laptop that is hp victus and turn of find my...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can we track my laptop if theif format my laptop that is hp victus and turn of find my...: How can we track my laptop if theif format my laptop that is hp victus and turn of find my device and also it's location? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-we-track-my-laptop-if-theif-format-my/02d2b9c7-436a-42eb-b8e6-a7923ca665f7
  3. How can we track my laptop if theif format my laptop that is hp victus and turn of find my...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can we track my laptop if theif format my laptop that is hp victus and turn of find my...: How can we track my laptop if theif format my laptop that is hp victus and turn of find my device and also it's location? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-we-track-my-laptop-if-theif-format-my/02d2b9c7-436a-42eb-b8e6-a7923ca665f7
  4. Formatting Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Formatting Windows 10: I have installed Windows 10 Pro from a bootable USB Drive. I have a question is there any need to format my laptop again? I had done the formatting when I bought it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/formatting-windows-10/7143e298-7cdf-471d-b7ba-0e15634d4006
  5. Formatting Windows 10

Formatting Windows 10: I have installed Windows 10 Pro from a bootable USB Drive. I have a question is there any need to format my laptop again? I had done the formatting when I bought it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/formatting-windows-10/7143e298-7cdf-471d-b7ba-0e15634d4006
  6. Formatting Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. I create a word document with text and pictures when re open this have not the past format

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I create a word document with text and pictures when re open this have not the past format: Windows 11 / Office 2019 / WordI create one document in Word.On each page, I apply the specific format with paragraph features.The document looks good.I save it.When open the document again, the document looks bad, some pages with one errors other with other , and so on.I...
  8. I create a word document with text and pictures when re open this have not the past format

I create a word document with text and pictures when re open this have not the past format: Windows 11 / Office 2019 / WordI create one document in Word.On each page, I apply the specific format with paragraph features.The document looks good.I save it.When open the document again, the document looks bad, some pages with one errors other with other , and so on.I...
  9. I just formatted my laptop but the wifi driver won't load

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I just formatted my laptop but the wifi driver won't load: Actually I will tell everything,I just fresh boot my laptop to make it run faster ,by using a usb ,then everything was ok and when windows 11 loaded it went to the page where it ask to connect wifi to continue but I discovered that no wifi of nearby was showing in list to...
  10. I just formatted my laptop but the wifi driver won't load

I just formatted my laptop but the wifi driver won't load: Actually I will tell everything,I just fresh boot my laptop to make it run faster ,by using a usb ,then everything was ok and when windows 11 loaded it went to the page where it ask to connect wifi to continue but I discovered that no wifi of nearby was showing in list to...