Windows 10: Q: About license for 1 pc. Am I allowed to install on new PC if this new PC fully replaces...

Discus and support Q: About license for 1 pc. Am I allowed to install on new PC if this new PC fully replaces... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi there! I used to buy those pre-made PC/laptop that always automatically had a Windows license tied/installed on it. Now I'm thinking of building a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Grampybone, Oct 13, 2019.

1. Q: About license for 1 pc. Am I allowed to install on new PC if this new PC fully replaces...

Hi there!

I used to buy those pre-made PC/laptop that always automatically had a Windows license tied/installed on it.

Now I'm thinking of building a customized PC so I'll have to buy a seperate copy of Windows 10 myself.

But I have a question about a 1 PC license purchase:

If I would buy a new PC in the future that completely replaces the previous PC, am I still allowed to install the Windows 10 copy that I used on the previous PC? btw I want to buy a physical copy of Windows 10 (DVD probably?) from my favorite PC store, because I have no idea how to get on the internet and download Windows when my harddisk is completely empty and has no OS yet. Maybe this is different compared to online purchase?

Regards,

- Grampybone

:)

Grampybone, Oct 13, 2019

2. Transfer Win 10 license to a new PC

Hello,

I bought a new PC and read that I can transfer my Windows 10 license to it and I have a few questions.

Few years ago I used Win 7 Pro license to install my two PC's.

When FREE update came I upgraded both of them to Windows 10 x64 PRO.

Yesterday I assembled a new PC which will replace one of them and I want to transfer the license to it from the one it is replacing.

The question is if I transfer the activation license will I lose the activation on the second PC or not?

What are the steps to do the actual license transfer?

Vladimir Jelovac, Oct 13, 2019
  3. CK011885 Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Oct 13, 2019
  4. r.h.p Win User

Q: About license for 1 pc. Am I allowed to install on new PC if this new PC fully replaces...

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

What's your intended PC specs ??

r.h.p, Oct 13, 2019
Thema:

Q: About license for 1 pc. Am I allowed to install on new PC if this new PC fully replaces...

1. Q: About license for 1 pc. Am I allowed to install on new PC if this new PC fully replaces... - Similar Threads - license allowed install

2. Do I need a new license on a new PC?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Do I need a new license on a new PC?: I've been putting new PC together for some time and I would like to know if I have to buy new w10 license. The one I'm using currently is nearly 12 y/o and the Windows 10 Pro was installed at later time during servicing. I do not have the physical serial number, no number...
  3. Do I need a new license on a new PC?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Do I need a new license on a new PC?: I've been putting new PC together for some time and I would like to know if I have to buy new w10 license. The one I'm using currently is nearly 12 y/o and the Windows 10 Pro was installed at later time during servicing. I do not have the physical serial number, no number...
  4. Do I need a new license on a new PC?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. New PC with W10, I want to transfer Win11pro license to new pc from old PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New PC with W10, I want to transfer Win11pro license to new pc from old PC: I will be receiving a new PC with W10 home already installed. I have an old PC with W11 Pro upgraded from W10 Pro. 1. I would like to transfer my W11 Pro license to the new pc. 2. I also would like it if my old PC can use W11 Home instead, after transferring W11 pro.2nd part...
  6. New PC with W10, I want to transfer Win11pro license to new pc from old PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New PC with W10, I want to transfer Win11pro license to new pc from old PC: I will be receiving a new PC with W10 home already installed. I have an old PC with W11 Pro upgraded from W10 Pro. 1. I would like to transfer my W11 Pro license to the new pc. 2. I also would like it if my old PC can use W11 Home instead, after transferring W11 pro.2nd part...
  7. Transferring license to new PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Transferring license to new PC: Hello! I'm building a new PC, and am trying to figure out the best and easiest way to move my product license over. It'll be completely blank, and from what I've been gathering I can download the installation media for Windows onto a USB, and then plug it into the new PC...
  8. New PC installation

in Windows 10 Customization
    New PC installation: I RECENTLY PURCHASED A NEW HP SLIMLINE DESKTOP. IT HAS ALL THE GOODIES I NEED PLUS WINDOWS 10. I TOOK IT OUT OF THE BOX AND SHOWED IT IT'S NEW HOME. I PROCEDED TO CONNECT THE CABLE TO MY MONITOR (TV). THEN THE HDMI CABLE. THE POWER CORD WAS NEXT. ALL SET. HERE WE GO!!...
  9. I am replacing 10 year old PC with a new one.

in Windows 10 Customization
    I am replacing 10 year old PC with a new one.: I am replacing 10 year old PC with a new one; is it better to have a clean start on the new PC, or use a back up of the old one? Both are the same brand. I tried to do a "clean up" using specific software; however, I do not think it has removed the old stuff and I do no want...
  10. Restore License on new PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restore License on new PC: How do I restore a Microsoft Solitaire premium license on my new PC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restore-license-on-new-pc/e0273d79-7214-46e1-8746-f66f97466c44