Windows 10: Q about new Storage feature under System Settings

Discus and support Q about new Storage feature under System Settings in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I want to save docs, pics, videos, downloads etc on a separate disk than my system disk. I had planned to do this by changing the default save setting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Riotubes, Dec 18, 2015.

1. Riotubes Win User

Q about new Storage feature under System Settings

I want to save docs, pics, videos, downloads etc on a separate disk than my system disk. I had planned to do this by changing the default save setting under Libraries which I hear is less aggressive than physically moving these folders (or even the user profiles which I don't want to do). But I couldn't figure out how to do this in win10 while working off a win 8 tutorial on how to do this. I then came across a win10 tutorial on something similar by configuring Storage settings for docs, pics, vids, apps under system settings. Does this method replace the method of changing default settings under libraries? If so, I did not see a way to also do this for Downloads and a few other Users files that I would like to save to the separate disk. I would like to do this for 4 different user accounts on this PC. Help please *Sad

:)

Riotubes, Dec 18, 2015

2. How Much Memory Is Left on My Phone

Go to About found under Settings/System. There you will see the Total Storage and the Available storage on your device.

Jack Cook - aka Help_Line, Dec 18, 2015
  3. OS drive versus D drive

About 16 to 20 GBs of it is used by Windows.

You can move apps to the data drive too.

Open Start > Settings > System > Storage

Under More storage settings, click 'Change where new content is saved'

In New apps will save to list box, choose the D:\ partition

Open Start > Settings > Apps > Apps & Features

Select any large app you have downloaded from the Windows Store

Click Move, choose the 'Apps' partition

Also see:

https://www.groovypost.com/howto/maximize-stora...

Andre Da Costa, Dec 18, 2015
Thema:

Q about new Storage feature under System Settings

1. Q about new Storage feature under System Settings - Similar Threads - Storage feature under

2. What’s this all about, new feature?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What’s this all about, new feature?: [ATTACH] These two screenshots are from two same model laptops, both on windows 10 22h2 and latest updates but using search in start menu shows “open app” on one and you have to click in that box to open it, the other the “hit box” is the entire section. I assumed it was...
  3. Want to now more about a new feature under windows update as of today.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Want to now more about a new feature under windows update as of today.: HI I was wondering if I could ask a question about a feature that is in Windows Update as of today. I was wanting to now. Get the latest updates as soon as they're available Be among the first to get the latest non-security updates, fixes, and improvements as they roll...
  4. Want to now more about a new feature under windows update as of today.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Want to now more about a new feature under windows update as of today.: HI I was wondering if I could ask a question about a feature that is in Windows Update as of today. I was wanting to now. Get the latest updates as soon as they're available Be among the first to get the latest non-security updates, fixes, and improvements as they roll...
  5. System Interrupts Q&A

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Interrupts Q&A: What is System Interrupts? and why run at my pc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-interrupts-qa/ad6aa9b5-0614-4968-8657-b2cce90f657d
  6. System Interrupts Q&A

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System Interrupts Q&A: What is System Interrupts? and why run at my pc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-interrupts-qa/ad6aa9b5-0614-4968-8657-b2cce90f657d
  7. under settings, "about" won't open

in Windows 10 Customization
    under settings, "about" won't open: In windows 10, under settings, about won't open. Ideas as to why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/about/e15608d7-5b86-4178-af0a-99742d6d5636
  8. Q about audit logs

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Q about audit logs: When setting up audit logging under Computer Configuration -> Windows Settings -> Advanced Audit Policy Configuration -> System Audit Policies -> Logon/Logoff -> Audit Account Lockout, if I enable the Success option, how does this log get triggered? When an account is locked...
  9. Gen q. about Avatars

in Windows 10 Support
    Gen q. about Avatars: I changed my Avatar online in Xbox live but on the computer it still shows the kid with the black shirt. Online I have the blue shirt and have made other changes. It is no big deal but shouldn't they both be the same? 21394
  10. need infos about new features

in Windows 10 Support
    need infos about new features: what are meant for - isolated user mode - multipoint connector ?!?! searching on internet i dind't find anything simple and clear or how to use them in w10... thanks 31173