Windows 10: Q: Black screen for 20s prior to login

Discus and support Q: Black screen for 20s prior to login in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; When I reboot Windows 10 I get blank a screen (no cursor) for 20 seconds before the login screen is displayed. Searching the internet I see this is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/cs005483, May 30, 2020.

1. Q: Black screen for 20s prior to login

When I reboot Windows 10 I get blank a screen (no cursor) for 20 seconds before the login screen is displayed.

Searching the internet I see this is fairly common issue and I have tried the usual fixes without any joy including:

• Re-install of display drivers
    • Disabling of fast boot

The above usually fixes most occurrences of this issue, but not in my case. Any ideas of other things to try?

FOR INFO: My graphics card is the Nvidia GTX 560Ti with latest driver ( 23.21.13.9135 ).

With thanks!

submitted by /u/cs005483
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/cs005483, May 30, 2020
  2. Rose Cal Win User

black screen

Hi Bart,

It is possible that you're experiencing black screen due to corrupted system files. To assist you better, we'd like to gather more information:

• Are you getting any error messages?
    • What happen when you tried to login?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article
    to troubleshoot black screen errors. You can choose which situation you're experiencing the error and perform the instructions.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, May 30, 2020
  3. Black screen error

Hello,

There are several reasons why you are facing a black screen issue. One of these is due to outdated or incorrect device drivers. For us to figure out what's causing this, provide more details by answering the listed questions:

• Can you confirm to us if you are using a laptop or a computer?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your device prior to this happening?
    • What exactly were you doing when the error occurred?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this? If yes, specify all of the steps that you have done.

As an initial part of troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps given on this article:

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors
    . This will help you diagnose and rectify most of the known black screen concerns.

We will wait for your response.

Dhavelyn Mer, May 30, 2020
Thema:

Q: Black screen for 20s prior to login

1. Q: Black screen for 20s prior to login - Similar Threads - Black screen 20s

2. Display dim after 20s

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display dim after 20s: Hi!Since some update ago my display dims after exactly 20 seconds of inactivity. In fact, it does not dim, this seems to be a software effect. The reason why I make this deduction is because all of the background lowers in brightness but the mouse pointer stays the same...
  3. The login Black screen

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    The login Black screen: I booted up my computer up and it did come up with loading screen, but then it came up with a black screen just with the mouse. I waited like 10 minutes and it showed the login screen / the startup screen. Then i did swipe up on the login screen and it went black again. Then...
  4. Delete screen prior to login

in Windows 10 Customization
    Delete screen prior to login: How do I delete the screen pre-login? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-screen-prior-to-login/8289e157-f1d1-45fc-a3cc-a15eaac90c63
  5. Login and black screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Login and black screen: Hello, First excuse my poor english. Since WINDOWS 10 1903 update, I noticed following behaviour on both my Deskop and Laptop. 1. When I'm disconnecting, a black screen is displayed during about 75 sec before the welcome screen is displayed. 2. When another session is...
  6. Black Login Screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Black Login Screen: Good day My laptop is either giving a black screen when I try to log in, or it has a problem booting up. I have tried several solutions and they all failed. I am unable to access the task manager nor any other way I found online. Your help will be greately...
  7. Q: How to fix windows 10 black screen issue?

in Windows 10 Support
    Q: How to fix windows 10 black screen issue?: I have Windows 10 Version (OS build 15063.138) All was working fine. Suddenly some services under svchost.exe started using high bandwidth. I mistakenly blocked it through the firewall. I was logged in at that time and all was working fine. When I shut down my pc and booted...
  8. Windows black screen at login screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows black screen at login screen: If you can log in via safe mode one of the solutions is to turn off use sign-in info to auto finish setting up device after update or restart in Windows 10.For Windows 10 (Version 1709), select the Start button, select Settings > Accounts > Sign-in options, then make sure Use...
  9. W10 hangs prior to login screen

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    W10 hangs prior to login screen: First, some background. The system was rebuilt in May 2015 using a new MSI H97 Gaming 3 Motherboard, new i5 4690 CPU, 16GB (2x8GB) of new G.Skill RAM, new EVGA 750W PSU, new ASUS GTX 750 TI Video card, new case. Existing HDDs, ODD and SSDs were reused. This machine is a...
  10. Black screen at login

in Windows 10 Support
    Black screen at login: After I sleep my computer, sometimes the screen is just black with my cursor. I can still do the basic functions like turn brightness down and move my cursor around, but I cannot login or see any graphics. Sleeping again doesn't fix the problem, all I can do is force shut...