Windows 10: [Q] Desktop shortcut to connect to a SPECIFIC wireless display

Discus and support [Q] Desktop shortcut to connect to a SPECIFIC wireless display in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hey guys! Windows 10 1909 here. Is there anything I can do to make a shortcut or a batch file that allows me to stream my Surface Go screen on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Brand, Apr 6, 2020.

1. Brand Win User

[Q] Desktop shortcut to connect to a SPECIFIC wireless display

Hey guys! Windows 10 1909 here.

Is there anything I can do to make a shortcut or a batch file that allows me to stream my Surface Go screen on my Samsung TV automatically without the need to click on the tv tab that opens on the right?

I mean, I have already created a shortcut to this:

%windir%\explorer.exe ms-settings-connectabledevices:devicediscovery

I would like to know if I can add the part that lets the table connect straight to the TV without additional clicks.

The best result would be just one click to use my tv as the ONLY external monitor to save some battery, since I would be controlling everything with the Surface keyboard.

Thanks [Q] Desktop shortcut to connect to a SPECIFIC wireless display :)

:)

Brand, Apr 6, 2020

2. Shortcut to connect to Wireless Display

Is there an option to add a shortcut to connect to a wireless display rather than having to go into display properties each time?

Ian Harwood, Apr 6, 2020
  3. Desktop Shortcut Icons

Hi Mik-Dav,

The desktop shortcut created for a specific website should bear the website's actual logo. With what you've experienced, there could be something wrong with how the shortcut was created.

If you've created the shortcut by selecting Create shortcut, then we suggest that you try the other way, that is by dragging the website icon that appears in the address bar to your desktop. Follow these steps:

• Using Internet Explorer, access a website.
    • Once the website opens, you will see its icon in the address bar.
    • Click and drag the icon on your desktop.

The website shortcut bearing its actual logo should now be saved on your desktop.

Let us know if you need further help.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Apr 6, 2020
  4. [Q] Desktop shortcut to connect to a SPECIFIC wireless display

cant connect Wireless Display For Old PC

Hi Faizal,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing.; Let me help you in resolving the issue.

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted/ outdated display adapter drivers after upgrading to Windows 10. Try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Uninstall the Wireless Display Driver.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right on the Display Adapter and click on
      Uninstall.
    • Restart the computer.

Step 2: Update
    Wireless Display Driver.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right on the Display Adapter and click on
      Update driver software.

I would request you to refer to suggestions provided in the article below and check.

Connect a Bluetooth audio device or wireless display to
    your PC

Also refer to: Fix connections to Bluetooth audio devices
    and wireless displays

And, Project to a wireless display with Miracast

(Applies to Windows 10 as well)

Keep us posted on Windows related queries and we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Nachappa C K, Apr 6, 2020
Thema:

[Q] Desktop shortcut to connect to a SPECIFIC wireless display

1. [Q] Desktop shortcut to connect to a SPECIFIC wireless display - Similar Threads - Desktop shortcut connect

2. How to make a desktop shortcut to enable or disable a specific display ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to make a desktop shortcut to enable or disable a specific display ?: Hi,I need to frequently change my desktop PC display configuration. My monitors themselves don't get plugged/unplugged frequently, but I often want to disable some of them.Right now I just go to the settings menu below and change it manually.I would like a one-click solution...
  3. How to make a desktop shortcut to enable or disable a specific display ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to make a desktop shortcut to enable or disable a specific display ?: Hi,I need to frequently change my desktop PC display configuration. My monitors themselves don't get plugged/unplugged frequently, but I often want to disable some of them.Right now I just go to the settings menu below and change it manually.I would like a one-click solution...
  4. Wireless display not connecting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wireless display not connecting: I have an Intel Core M3 processor laptop and a Samsung tab s7 FE. I am trying to use my tablet as an extended screen, but am unable to. I have tried updating the drivers, changing the screen resolution. Previously I tried to connect my laptop to other monitors and TV as well...
  5. Specific Shortcuts on Desktops - Is this possible?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Specific Shortcuts on Desktops - Is this possible?: So, I LOVE the idea of having different virtual desktops, but the idea is defeated when they all show the same shortcuts.I have a desktop for my business, my work, and my personal accounts sorry - I do use google personal, one drive for work, I have shortcuts to documents...
  6. Specific Shortcuts on Desktops - Is this possible?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Specific Shortcuts on Desktops - Is this possible?: So, I LOVE the idea of having different virtual desktops, but the idea is defeated when they all show the same shortcuts.I have a desktop for my business, my work, and my personal accounts sorry - I do use google personal, one drive for work, I have shortcuts to documents...
  7. Connecting Wireless Display

in Windows 10 Support
    Connecting Wireless Display: I connected a wireless display today, which works very well. This is a smart tv with wireless and a pc that has a modern wifi card. But ( there is always a "but"!) there is no sound. The device I have connected to does NOT appear on the list of devices in sound playback. I...
  8. Connect to wireless display

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Connect to wireless display: Hi, I have Dell Inspiron with intel i7 and HD Graphics 5500. It has Miracast support and Wifi support verified according articles in different questions dxdiag.txt: Processor: IntelR CoreTM i7-5500U CPU @ 2.40GHz 4 CPUs Card name: IntelR HD Graphics 5500 Miracast:...
  9. wireless display connection

in Windows 10 Customization
    wireless display connection: Hello! I am having problems on connecting my laptop with the smart tv via miracast, It's says it's connecting, the on the tv appears a message that says connection realized then a black screen for a few seconds, and on the laptop it still connecting, after a minute or so it...
  10. Create Remote Desktop Connection Shortcut for Specific PC in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create Remote Desktop Connection Shortcut for Specific PC in Windows: How to: Create Remote Desktop Connection Shortcut for Specific PC in Windows How to Create Remote Desktop Connection Shortcut for Specific PC in Windows [img] Information You can use the Remote Desktop Connection (mstsc.exe) or connect to and control your Windows PC...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. connect to a wireless display shortcut

2. create shortcut for connecting to display

3. win 10 project to wireless screen shortcut