Windows 10: Q: four processes called on schedule, what & why ?

Discus and support Q: four processes called on schedule, what & why ? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, since W10 in-place upgrade. I have four processes called on schedule, as a group. CompatTelRunner.exe, dstokenclean.exe, disksnapshot.exe and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by bjm, Jul 27, 2016.

1. BJM
    bjm Win User

Q: four processes called on schedule, what & why ?

Hello,
    since W10 in-place upgrade. I have four processes called on schedule, as a group.
    CompatTelRunner.exe, dstokenclean.exe, disksnapshot.exe and dmclient.exe.
    I've googled and VT hash. They're system protected files.

Any clue as to what calls them, and why.

Thanks

:)

2. bjm__ Win User

and I didn't get an answer on answers.microsoft either

bjm__, Jul 27, 2016
  3. bjm__ Win User

TenForums doesn't know as yet. And I searched TS.

So, I came to the source.

I came to the great oracle to beg enlightenment.

I came to the Microsoft Community.

Great and wise and wonderful repository of all matters Microsoft.

I bow in reverence and humbly plead Windows-as-a-Service
    for enrichment.

bjm__, Jul 27, 2016
  4. LMiller7 Win User

I wasn't able to find anything on any except dmclient.exe and that was very technical.

Be aware that there is much about Windows 10 or any modern OS that is not officially documented, or in many cases not at all. That is particularly true for a relatively new OS like Windows 10. You may eventually find something in a blog somewhere but that isn't official documentation. It is likely true at the time it was written but subject to change at any time without prior notice. And it may be wrong.

When something is documented developers will take advantage of the information in their products. That make it very difficult to change these things without breaking compatibility with applications that rely on the prior behavior. Even the most trivial changes can have compatibility implications. For that reason many internal details are undocumented.

LMiller7, Jul 27, 2016
  5. BJM
    bjm Win User
    Well, as Vulnerable Processes they're chatty and finicky. If not allowed, they will try again after awhile.
    I can Whitelist or try Blacklist and watch for smoke.

6. BJM
    bjm Win User
    Seems, I've come back to "there is much about Windows 10 or any modern OS that is not officially documented" several times.
    e.g., provtool.exe, provtool.exe file - How to fix provtool.exe errors, which seems to be called with taskhostw.exe, EXE Search, "many internal details are undocumented". Thanks again. Regards

Thema:

1. Q: four processes called on schedule, what & why ? - Similar Threads - four processes called

2. How/in what order does Windows 10 Task Scheduler shutdown a process

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How/in what order does Windows 10 Task Scheduler shutdown a process: I am running windows 10 and have a Task Scheduler Task that runs a python script. It begins on computer startup, runs for a set amount of time in this case 30 minutes then the task tells the program to end. Typically I would not tell the task to end the python script but I am...
  3. How/in what order does Windows 10 Task Scheduler shutdown a process

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How/in what order does Windows 10 Task Scheduler shutdown a process: I am running windows 10 and have a Task Scheduler Task that runs a python script. It begins on computer startup, runs for a set amount of time in this case 30 minutes then the task tells the program to end. Typically I would not tell the task to end the python script but I am...
  4. Why Q key doesnt work?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why Q key doesnt work?: When i hold shift + w + q the q key doesnt work so i cant dash in games or use abilities. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-q-key-doesnt-work/fd792715-83f8-4c1d-af54-253e5225deba
  5. Why Q key doesnt work?

Why Q key doesnt work?: When i hold shift + w + q the q key doesnt work so i cant dash in games or use abilities. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-q-key-doesnt-work/fd792715-83f8-4c1d-af54-253e5225deba
  6. What is a "scheduled Checkpoint"?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    What is a "scheduled Checkpoint"?: Running Windows 10 home/1909 (at the moment; feature update to 2004 is available, which I'll probably do after my next backup cycle at months' end). Windows 10 doesn't seem to support restore points. But I keep seeing 'scheduled checkpoint' entries in Ccleaner Tools/System...
  7. What is a "scheduled Checkpoint"?

in Windows 10 Support
    What is a "scheduled Checkpoint"?: Running Windows 10 home/1909 (at the moment; feature update to 2004 is available, which I'll probably do after my next backup cycle at months' end). Windows 10 doesn't seem to support restore points. But I keep seeing 'scheduled checkpoint' entries in Ccleaner Tools/System...
  8. schedule a call from support

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    schedule a call from support: all files missing after recent update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/schedule-a-call-from-support/fccc3c3f-02b1-4b1e-9bcb-c7d9420ae77a
  9. You did not call as scheduled.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    You did not call as scheduled.: Dear Microsoft, you scheduled a phone call to me at 7:45 pm EST to answer a security question. I've been sitting here waiting for almost an hour. Where are you? Bob Peek, 910-256-0352....
  10. Java Update Scheduler Process

Java Update Scheduler Process: I've been having this issue with Java Update Scheduler running on his own and ramming my CPU usage to 80%, 10 to 15 minutes everytime after I boot the PC, and everytime I need to manually close it. I've searched it up online and people recommended setting s manual task...