Windows 10: [Q] how much mA does my laptops USB charge port output?

Discus and support [Q] how much mA does my laptops USB charge port output? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Ok i have a laptop with a USB 2.0 Charge port that can charge even if the laptop is powered off and i was just how much mA does that output. i have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by xdarkmario, Jun 3, 2015.

1. [Q] how much mA does my laptops USB charge port output?

Ok i have a laptop with a USB 2.0 Charge port that can charge even if the laptop is powered off and i was just how much mA does that output. i have checked the device manager and i guess it maybe puts out 500mA but theres different ports and im not sure.

:)

xdarkmario, Jun 3, 2015
  2. Abi99 (2) Win User

Charging problem or not?-Asha 210

In a Nokia 210, the status indicator does not tell about where it starts to charge. My Nokia 210 came with the Nokia AC-11 with 450 mA. Not sure, why USB charging is that much slower because it tells the computer to be a 500 mA device. I am testing my unit
    right now.

Your concern is, USB charging takes much longer as via the wall charger, it looks like USB charging starts from zero always. Correct?

Abi99 (2), Jun 3, 2015
  3. N8 - disappointing battery life

Most of the USB ports deliver a max of 500mA, probably that is why the phone does not charge completely, hence drains quickly. On an empty battery when the phone is plugged in it draws more current and gradually reduces till charged. so when you need to
    pump around 800 mA you are pumping 500 mA

skshandilya, Jun 3, 2015
  4. Berton Win User

[Q] how much mA does my laptops USB charge port output?

Berton, Jun 3, 2015
  5. batlhilz Win User
    usb 2.0 can dish out roughly 500mA, usb 3.0 dishes out roughly 900mA and if you have dedicated charging port, it might be even give 1400-1500ish mA.

batlhilz, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

[Q] how much mA does my laptops USB charge port output?

1. [Q] how much mA does my laptops USB charge port output? - Similar Threads - much does laptops

2. how do i charge my laptop with a usb port?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i charge my laptop with a usb port?: i have lost my laptop charger and will not be able to get it fixed for the next few days. however i require its usage. how can i charge it with a usb-c type port??...
  3. how do i charge my laptop with a usb port?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do i charge my laptop with a usb port?: i have lost my laptop charger and will not be able to get it fixed for the next few days. however i require its usage. how can i charge it with a usb-c type port??...
  4. how do i charge my laptop with a usb port?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Charge my laptop without the charging port.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Charge my laptop without the charging port.: So my charging port just broke, and it'll take many months that I don't have to fix it. I have critical files I need to save, then I'll repair them later. My laptop's at 0 percent, and I need to have a charging source that isn't from the charging port. Is there a way to...
  6. Charge my laptop without the charging port.

Charge my laptop without the charging port.: So my charging port just broke, and it'll take many months that I don't have to fix it. I have critical files I need to save, then I'll repair them later. My laptop's at 0 percent, and I need to have a charging source that isn't from the charging port. Is there a way to...
  7. Charge my laptop without the charging port.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. how do i not allow the usb port not the charging port to charge devices

how do i not allow the usb port not the charging port to charge devices: ok idk but it charges for no reason https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-not-allow-the-usb-port-not-the-charging/34354a2a-3c88-4c04-9f2e-8c6ec55cdfc9
  9. how do i not allow the usb port not the charging port to charge devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i not allow the usb port not the charging port to charge devices: ok idk but it charges for no reason https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-not-allow-the-usb-port-not-the-charging/34354a2a-3c88-4c04-9f2e-8c6ec55cdfc9
  10. What kind of charging port does my laptop have?

in Windows 10 Customization
    What kind of charging port does my laptop have?: Hello, I just bought a new Gateway laptop with 256 GB of space and 16 GB ram. It is the Ultra Slim one they have on the Walmart Website that's around $400. I have a charger for it but I would like to know what kind of port it is so I can buy a USB cable to charge it instead....