Windows 10: Q: How to fix windows 10 black screen issue?

Discus and support Q: How to fix windows 10 black screen issue? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have Windows 10 Version (OS build 15063.138) All was working fine. Suddenly some services under svchost.exe started using high bandwidth. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jillianwyatt, Nov 26, 2018.

1. Q: How to fix windows 10 black screen issue?

I have Windows 10 Version (OS build 15063.138)

All was working fine.
    Suddenly some services under svchost.exe started using high bandwidth. I mistakenly blocked it through the firewall.
    I was logged in at that time and all was working fine.
    When I shut down my pc and booted again and log in, it shows the screen which windows show when a new user sign in the first time.
    I waited for 15 minutes but it was in a loop.
    I restarted pc. Tired to log in again. Now, a black desktop showed up and desktop not working.
    I tried to restore windows to an earlier point from other account but restore failed 2 times.
    I also allowed svchost.exe from the firewall.
    Tried Registry SHELL tweak but didn’t work.
    Now, that account is corrupted but other accounts are working fine.
    In safe mode, the courted account shows data but no app not starts.
    Tweeking.com Windows repair app is also crashing.

Tried this also in cmd
    reg load HKU\Temp D:\Users\paul\Ntuser.dat
    reg add "HKU\Temp\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\explorer\User Shell Folders" /v Desktop /t REG_EXPAND_SZ /d ^%USERPROFILE^%\Desktop /f

Commands ran successfully, but problem not solved.

:)

jillianwyatt, Nov 26, 2018
  2. 95Viper Win User

Black screen after 'Starting Windows' sequence

Sounds like the old... windows black screen of death.

Try this quoted from "VisiHow" article "Repair Windows 7 Black Screen of Death":

They, also, have some other options there, too.
    Google search and you will find a lot of the "Windows Black Screen of Death with cursor" fixes.

95Viper, Nov 26, 2018
  3. Black screen issue on Windows 10.

Hi Preet,

I appreciate if you could answer to a few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Did you install any third party security application?
    • Does the black screen goes automatically after a period of time?
    As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to refer to the article provided below and c heck if that helps.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/14106/windows-10-troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Nov 26, 2018
  4. Ryan Fra Win User

Q: How to fix windows 10 black screen issue?

Endless black screen without anything but it is on

Hi Basim,

There are several reasons why the screen turns black only. It can be an issue with the software or hardware. Please answer the following questions:

• Are there any major changes made on your computer before the issue started?
    • Have you performed any troubleshooting steps to fix the issue?

For now, we suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps from this
    link

We are looking forward to your reply.

Ryan Fra, Nov 26, 2018
Thema:

Q: How to fix windows 10 black screen issue?

1. Q: How to fix windows 10 black screen issue? - Similar Threads - fix black screen

2. How to fix window 10 black screen.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix window 10 black screen.: I have tried to go through every fix I’ve found for windows 10, but neither ctrl+shift+esc or ctrl+alt-del have done anything, and random clicking has done nothing either.I have attempted to turn off the laptop, but that too has done nothing, and i cannot restart normally...
  3. How to fix window 10 black screen.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to fix window 10 black screen.: I have tried to go through every fix I’ve found for windows 10, but neither ctrl+shift+esc or ctrl+alt-del have done anything, and random clicking has done nothing either.I have attempted to turn off the laptop, but that too has done nothing, and i cannot restart normally...
  4. How to fix window 10 black screen.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. How to fix black screen?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to fix black screen?: Black screen appears when I want to look for documents in File Explorer. I can fix this temporarily going on Task Manager and looking for explorer.exe. but doesn't resolve the problem from recurring. Have also tried running sfc /scannow from command prompt without solving the...
  6. How to fix black screen?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix black screen?: Black screen appears when I want to look for documents in File Explorer. I can fix this temporarily going on Task Manager and looking for explorer.exe. but doesn't resolve the problem from recurring. Have also tried running sfc /scannow from command prompt without solving the...
  7. Windows 10 black screen issue.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 black screen issue.: Hi today my laptop asked for an update and I restarted. After the update completed, the laptop booted but it hanged and the screen went black for a min. and then cam back but the taskbar hanged so I just turned off the laptop from the home screen. When I started it again,...
  8. Windows Black Screen after Fixing the Blue Screen Issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Black Screen after Fixing the Blue Screen Issue: Hi there, My laptop was working fine last night, but there's a sudden pop up blue screen with : emoji that "We've found some problem and we are looking for it....blah blah..." After a reboot, it went into recovery Fixing C: stage 1 ,,,,,32%,,,,,total 12%,,,, ETA...
  9. Q: Black screen for 20s prior to login

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Q: Black screen for 20s prior to login: When I reboot Windows 10 I get blank a screen (no cursor) for 20 seconds before the login screen is displayed. Searching the internet I see this is fairly common issue and I have tried the usual fixes without any joy including: Re-install of display drivers Disabling of...
  10. Fix Windows 10 Remote Desktop Black Screen issues

in Windows 10 News
    Fix Windows 10 Remote Desktop Black Screen issues: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]According to some reports, using RDP or Remote Desktop Protocol on recent versions of Windows 10 results in a black screen. One encounters this issue is when using the Remote Desktop Connection feature on Windows 10. The real causes of [...] This post Fix...