Windows 10: Q: How to fix windows 10 black screen issue?

Discus and support Q: How to fix windows 10 black screen issue? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have Windows 10 Version (OS build 15063.138) All was working fine. Suddenly some services under svchost.exe started using high bandwidth. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jillianwyatt, Nov 26, 2018.

1. Q: How to fix windows 10 black screen issue?

I have Windows 10 Version (OS build 15063.138)

All was working fine.
    Suddenly some services under svchost.exe started using high bandwidth. I mistakenly blocked it through the firewall.
    I was logged in at that time and all was working fine.
    When I shut down my pc and booted again and log in, it shows the screen which windows show when a new user sign in the first time.
    I waited for 15 minutes but it was in a loop.
    I restarted pc. Tired to log in again. Now, a black desktop showed up and desktop not working.
    I tried to restore windows to an earlier point from other account but restore failed 2 times.
    I also allowed svchost.exe from the firewall.
    Tried Registry SHELL tweak but didn’t work.
    Now, that account is corrupted but other accounts are working fine.
    In safe mode, the courted account shows data but no app not starts.
    Tweeking.com Windows repair app is also crashing.

Tried this also in cmd
    reg load HKU\Temp D:\Users\paul\Ntuser.dat
    reg add "HKU\Temp\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\explorer\User Shell Folders" /v Desktop /t REG_EXPAND_SZ /d ^%USERPROFILE^%\Desktop /f

Commands ran successfully, but problem not solved.

:)

jillianwyatt, Nov 26, 2018
  2. 95Viper Win User

Black screen after 'Starting Windows' sequence

Sounds like the old... windows black screen of death.

Try this quoted from "VisiHow" article "Repair Windows 7 Black Screen of Death":

They, also, have some other options there, too.
    Google search and you will find a lot of the "Windows Black Screen of Death with cursor" fixes.

95Viper, Nov 26, 2018
  3. Black screen issue on Windows 10.

Hi Preet,

I appreciate if you could answer to a few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Did you install any third party security application?
    • Does the black screen goes automatically after a period of time?
    As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to refer to the article provided below and c heck if that helps.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/14106/windows-10-troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Nov 26, 2018
  4. Ryan Fra Win User

Q: How to fix windows 10 black screen issue?

Endless black screen without anything but it is on

Hi Basim,

There are several reasons why the screen turns black only. It can be an issue with the software or hardware. Please answer the following questions:

• Are there any major changes made on your computer before the issue started?
    • Have you performed any troubleshooting steps to fix the issue?

For now, we suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps from this
    link

We are looking forward to your reply.

Ryan Fra, Nov 26, 2018
Thema:

Q: How to fix windows 10 black screen issue?

1. Q: How to fix windows 10 black screen issue? - Similar Threads - fix black screen

2. How do I fix a black screen after installing Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How do I fix a black screen after installing Windows 10: How do I repair a black screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-fix-a-black-screen-after-installing/444757cf-19eb-42d8-baa4-1faf69889450
  3. Windows 10 Black screen with cursor Ultra Fix

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Black screen with cursor Ultra Fix: Hello everyone ! As i had the Black screen with cursor problem on windows 10 boot several times before , i've visited many forums and supporters that i came up with many sollutions that one of them may definitely work for anyone experiencing this problem ... Alright so...
  4. windows 10 black screen of death how do I fix this ? cursor is gone

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    windows 10 black screen of death how do I fix this ? cursor is gone: Windows 10 ("Black Screen Of Death") No Cursor either, I am using a Dell desktop ! Help 42193
  5. How fix NO WIFI issue in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How fix NO WIFI issue in Windows 10: Hello, I upgraded to Windows 10 a few weeks ago from Windows 7 and it worked fine, until I was doing an Apple iCloud, iTunes update. After than my wifi and ethernet are no longer working. The devices are supposedly working fine, but the troubleshooter says they have a...
  6. Windows 10 Issues, how to fix?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Issues, how to fix?: After updating to Windows November Update (or Version 1151), my laptop wasn't running good after all. I might be right or not to this point: The updating process damaged some Windows Files. I have restarted my laptop after a long black screen when I closed my laptop for...
  7. Black screen issue during installation with or without cursor FIX.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black screen issue during installation with or without cursor FIX.: Hi all, If you're here you are probably having the issue i had, and have had for about 3 days now. I was able to fix it myself and i would like to explain everything, because there was not a lot of useful information online for this. So during my windows 10 installation,...
  8. Black Overlay Screen issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Black Overlay Screen issue: So, honestly, I have no clue what this is, why it's happening, and of course how to fix it. But, I would hope to think that posting it here may get some results. So, I've been having this issue for the past couple months, that whenever I turn on my computer, I get this...
  9. Twist on Black Screen issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Twist on Black Screen issue: I've been running Windows 10 on my Dell desktop for a few months now with no major issues. Now, it decides to randomly act up. Anyhow... The computer boots up to the login screen where it shows the picture. Once I hit a key it shows the user name and the password box for a...
  10. Fix for windows 10 booting to a black screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Fix for windows 10 booting to a black screen: Okay if you have just upgraded to windows 10 and are sitting at a black screen for way too long here's the problem and how to fix it. If you have an on board Intel graphics controller as well as an add on graphics card, windows thinks you have one more monitor connected...