Windows 10: [Q] How to get product key on Free Upgraded Windows 10 system

Discus and support [Q] How to get product key on Free Upgraded Windows 10 system in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I had a Windows 7 Ultimate PC which I had upgraded to Windows 10. But, now I am trying to sell the Windows 10 key on my system as I am planning to use... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by vistatech, Jan 22, 2017.

1. vistatech Win User

[Q] How to get product key on Free Upgraded Windows 10 system

I had a Windows 7 Ultimate PC which I had upgraded to Windows 10. But, now I am trying to sell the Windows 10 key on my system as I am planning to use Ubuntu fulltime. But, when I tried with Produkey and other softwares, I am not able to get the product key as the one I am being provided with is the generic key for free upgraded systems - VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM-9MPGT-3V66T.

Now, can anyone tell me if there's a way I could sell my Windows 10 key as the above mentioned key doesn't work on any other systems even after "slui 4" trick.

:)

vistatech, Jan 22, 2017

2. Reinstall of free Windows 10

I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 while it was free to do so and do not have a product key for Windows 10. My system became corrupt and had to be reset to factory default. Now, I need to reinstall Windows 10, but how can I get the product key to
    complete the install?

MaudeDarucaudBates, Jan 22, 2017
  3. windows 10 upgrade

my windows 7 ultimate is activated and i have validated it so it's a genuine copy of windows. and i have reserved my copy of windows 10 free upgrade. but last week when i upgraded my pc to windows 10 it's not activating. when i contact Microsoft costumer
    service they said that my product key of windows 7 is not valid that's why my windows 10 is not activating. but my Q. is if my product key is not valid how my windows 7 is activated and validated too.

RajeshSingh9217, Jan 22, 2017
  4. Kari Win User

The free upgrade offer for Windows 7 / 8.1 users clearly stated that Windows 10 license was granted to that computer you used to upgrade, for the lifetime of that device. That license would not work on other computers, you cannot sell it.

If you want to make some money with your Windows 10 license you'll need to sell the computer it is currently installed on. License is not tied to user, only to that computer.

5. vistatech Win User
    Thanks a lot for clarifying that.

vistatech, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. [Q] How to get product key on Free Upgraded Windows 10 system - Similar Threads - product key Free

2. Windows 10 free upgrade, product key issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 free upgrade, product key issue: I had Windows 7 on my computer and updated to Windows 10. When prompted to activate Windows, I used my Windows 7 product key and it didn’t work. What do I do?...
  3. Windows 10 free upgrade, product key issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 free upgrade, product key issue: I had Windows 7 on my computer and updated to Windows 10. When prompted to activate Windows, I used my Windows 7 product key and it didn’t work. What do I do?...
  4. Windows 10 free upgrade, product key issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. windows !0 free upgrade product key

windows !0 free upgrade product key: i got windows 10 free upgrade off the internet a couple years ago, now i need an activation key & have no idea where to find it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-0-free-upgrade-product-key/260f18fb-dab5-4c5d-ae83-2daac0a34aec
  6. windows !0 free upgrade product key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows !0 free upgrade product key: i got windows 10 free upgrade off the internet a couple years ago, now i need an activation key & have no idea where to find it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-0-free-upgrade-product-key/260f18fb-dab5-4c5d-ae83-2daac0a34aec
  7. windows !0 free upgrade product key

8. Windows 11 free upgrade but no product key given?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 free upgrade but no product key given?: I had windows 11 upgrade free from microsoft few weeks ago. I did not get any product key it seems, so what happens if I need to reinstall due to technical issues, can I use 'original windows 10 key on system'??...
  9. Windows 11 free upgrade but no product key given?

Windows 11 free upgrade but no product key given?: I had windows 11 upgrade free from microsoft few weeks ago. I did not get any product key it seems, so what happens if I need to reinstall due to technical issues, can I use 'original windows 10 key on system'??...
  10. how can i get free product key for windows 10

how can i get free product key for windows 10: i want to know ways i can get free product key for windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-get-free-product-key-for-windows-10/ff0af25f-7df3-4b35-8889-e51a08aed9df