Windows 10: [Q] Possible to send a magic packet / WOL with just Windows 10 built-in utils?

Discus and support [Q] Possible to send a magic packet / WOL with just Windows 10 built-in utils? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'm trying to wake a computer on my home network for a data backup via robocopy at 2am. Is there a way to send the magic packet for wake on lan to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Mode101BBS, Jun 1, 2020.

1. [Q] Possible to send a magic packet / WOL with just Windows 10 built-in utils?

I'm trying to wake a computer on my home network for a data backup via robocopy at 2am.

Is there a way to send the magic packet for wake on lan to the computer using just built in Windows command-line functionality? So far I'm only seeing the need for third party wol programs. Thanks -

submitted by /u/Mode101BBS
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Mode101BBS, Jun 1, 2020
  2. 56Kruiser Win User

Laptop updated to 1809. Can't get WOL to send out...

Not sure the topic is exactly accurate. Here's the story:

• Have been successful sending WOL to 2 other PCs in the house
    • Had problems with laptop and sent to HP. They upgraded it to 1809
    • Now when I send WOL packets the other PCs will not wake up

Given that it was working fine on those PCs before, and the noted changes are to the PC sending the packet, I'm assuming that my sending PC needs something configured.

My searches on WOL only find stuff about setting it up on the remote PC so it will wake up.

Any suggestions about why my sending PC is not sending?

56Kruiser, Jun 1, 2020
  3. oldcelt Win User
    Can't get WOL to work

I use a WOL App to start the PC from my iPhone or iPad normally. I assume the app sends magic packets?
    The App is Mocha WOL 2.1.

oldcelt, Jun 1, 2020
  4. 56Kruiser Win User

[Q] Possible to send a magic packet / WOL with just Windows 10 built-in utils?

Possible to wake PC w/o Magic Packet...w/o unwanted wakes?

Setting up a Win 10 PC for shares, videos, which will be used lightly. I would like to have it sleep, and not have to do a separate operation to wake it with a magic packet before accessing.

Is this possible?

Any suggestions appreciated.

56Kruiser, Jun 1, 2020
Thema:

[Q] Possible to send a magic packet / WOL with just Windows 10 built-in utils?

1. [Q] Possible to send a magic packet / WOL with just Windows 10 built-in utils? - Similar Threads - Possible send magic

2. Send WOL packets over the Internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Send WOL packets over the Internet: Hi, how can I send a WOL packet over the Internet to a PC without compromising network security? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/send-wol-packets-over-the-internet/d1096e7c-c726-4baa-88a4-4f4ad858a1bb
  3. Send WOL packets over the Internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Send WOL packets over the Internet: Hi, how can I send a WOL packet over the Internet to a PC without compromising network security? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/send-wol-packets-over-the-internet/d1096e7c-c726-4baa-88a4-4f4ad858a1bb
  4. Computer wakes from WOL without sending magic packet

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer wakes from WOL without sending magic packet: I recently enabled Wake on LAN and Wake on WAN so that I can easily Remote Desktop from my iPad when away from my desk, whether I’m on my home network or not. Everything is working as intended, but I’ve noticed my PC wakes from sleep and hibernate randomly on its own,...
  5. Weird behavior on magic packet comptur wakeup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Weird behavior on magic packet comptur wakeup: I have TP-Link TL-WPA8630P v2.0.3.b36564 as my router. MacBook Pro 16" 2019 is connected to that router via ethernet. If I launch a little program called "WOL - Magic Packet Sender", put it in Receive mode, send magic packet to MacBook, the program will immediately say "Magic...
  6. 0% Network Utilization, Packet Loss

0% Network Utilization, Packet Loss: Hey, so as of yestarday, 10/20/19, for some reason task manager decided to stop showing network utilization, and keep it at 0% for everything. I checked the network details in the performance tab for network, and here is what it looks like. I have a wireless connection, and...
  7. Windows 10 rebooting after waking from sleep with WOL magic packet

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 rebooting after waking from sleep with WOL magic packet: Hi there I've been looking around various places on the internet to try and find a solution to this problem but none have presented one yet so I thought I'd try here to see if anyone has encountered a similar one. For years I have been using sleep mode in Windows 10 and...
  8. Computer wakes on LAN, even if Magic Packet is enabled

Computer wakes on LAN, even if Magic Packet is enabled: Hello! I'm using Asrock Z87 Pro motherboard with onboard Intel I217-V network adapter. For few years I was running Windows 8, and had configured computer to wake only on Magic Packet being received on port 9 - everything worked flawless. Recently I made fresh...
  9. Possible Lost Packets.

Possible Lost Packets.: Hello All, So down to the point, For around 2 years ago we used Sky internet(UK Fibre Company) Had a lot of issues specifically where whilst playing cs go, My ping would sit around 40 on average and spike up to 200+ every 6-7 seconds rendering it unplayable. I changed...
  10. Possible to wake PC w/o Magic Packet...w/o unwanted wakes?

in Windows 10 Support
    Possible to wake PC w/o Magic Packet...w/o unwanted wakes?: Setting up a Win 10 PC for shares, videos, which will be used lightly. I would like to have it sleep, and not have to do a separate operation to wake it with a magic packet before accessing. Is this possible? Any suggestions appreciated. 37517