Windows 10: Q> Windows Defender Offline Scan (Windows 10 Pro_x64) Event ID

Discus and support Q> Windows Defender Offline Scan (Windows 10 Pro_x64) Event ID in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Can't find a decent answer for this but i found 1 is this correct?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by wndnCG, Sep 5, 2018.

1. wndnCG Win User

Q> Windows Defender Offline Scan (Windows 10 Pro_x64) Event ID

Can't find a decent answer for this but i found 1 is this correct?

-https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/defender_offline-protect_scanning/windows-defender-ofline-scan/1741d074-5838-4e2b-a573-f0273f2ef041

Event ID's:

2030?

5007?

Also is there no logs somewhere in windows to properly view it? thanks for the answer.

Moved from: Windows 10 / Security & privacy

:)

wndnCG, Sep 5, 2018
  2. JM_359 Win User

Windows Defender Offline Scan

Hello,

So I was doing a windows offline scan and it restarted and ran but before it completed it restarted again and did not show me any results. I looked at the event viewer logs and it showed these logs:

Windows Defender Antivirus downloaded and configured Windows Defender Offline to run on the next reboot. Event ID: 2030

At the same time and same second this Event happened:

Windows Defender Antivirus Configuration has changed. If this is an unexpected event you should review the settings as this may be the result of malware.

Old value: HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Scan\OfflineScanRun = 0x1

New value: HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Scan\OfflineScanRun = 0x0

Event ID: 5007

I do not see the offline scan in any scan history and I do not see the results in any logs that I know of (granted I do not know much about windows defender logs)

Does this mean the scan was deactivated before it started to run which caused it to not complete?

I do not use any third party apps that I can think of.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

JM_359, Sep 5, 2018
  3. Steve C Win User
    Defender Periodic Scanning or Offline Scanning?

That link does suggest it's useful to use Defender offline scanning in addition to periodic scanning and a third party real time anti virus (e.g. Kaspersky).

Steve C, Sep 5, 2018
  4. jsfitz54 Win User

Windows 10 Anniversary Update Issues

Problems with W10 Anniv auto update:

Mom's: (x58 Xeon 5677) Windows Defender was not turned back on automatically (it was "on" in the 1511 edition) and she had a Trojan. Full system scan to eradicate.
    Her Epson printer was knocked off, had to uninstall by Device Manager pull USB cable and reconnect cable. W10 did the rest.

Step-mom's: (HP pre built) Windows Defender not turned back on by default. Her USB Seagate Expansion Drive 2Tb was offline so all backup routines were halted. Had to rerun backup plan. Had her do a full virus scan.

Step-dad's: (Dell Optiplex tweaked upgrades) Windows Defender not turned back on by default. Full Scan.

jsfitz54, Sep 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Q> Windows Defender Offline Scan (Windows 10 Pro_x64) Event ID - Similar Threads - Defender Offline Scan

2. Windows defender offline scan not scanning

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows defender offline scan not scanning: The windows defender offline scan is not working. It just shows the blue screen after restarting and that box displaying windows defender offline and that's it. No scan progress is there everytime....
  3. Windows defender offline scan not scanning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows defender offline scan not scanning: The windows defender offline scan is not working. It just shows the blue screen after restarting and that box displaying windows defender offline and that's it. No scan progress is there everytime....
  4. Windows defender offline scan not scanning

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows defender offline scan not scanning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows defender offline scan not scanning: Whenever I start the defender's offline scan, it will restart my computer then show the blue screen displaying windows offline scan but after this nothing will happen and it will restart again. It will not show any progress of scan. I tried to do it in safe mode but in that...
  6. Windows defender offline scan not scanning

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows defender offline scan not scanning: Whenever I start the defender's offline scan, it will restart my computer then show the blue screen displaying windows offline scan but after this nothing will happen and it will restart again. It will not show any progress of scan. I tried to do it in safe mode but in that...
  7. Windows defender offline scan not scanning

8. Windows Defender offline scan

Windows Defender offline scan: What's the consensus on the WD offline scan, any good? 124404
  9. Windows Defender Offline Scan

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Defender Offline Scan: Hello. I have been cleaning my Windows 10 laptop of junk files and decided to do an offline scan. When my laptop restarted, instead of the usual offline scan that I see everytime I do it, I saw a blue screen where a message “Your PC/device needs to be repaired.” I inserted my...
  10. Q> Windows Defender Offline Scan (Windows 10 Pro_x64) Event ID

Q> Windows Defender Offline Scan (Windows 10 Pro_x64) Event ID: Can't find a decent answer for this but i found 1 is this correct? -https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/defender_offline-protect_scanning/windows-defender-ofline-scan/1741d074-5838-4e2b-a573-f0273f2ef041 Event ID's: 2030? 5007? Also is there no logs...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 offline defender event 5007

2. windows defender offline event log