Windows 10: Q-Z (21) in File Explorer

Discus and support Q-Z (21) in File Explorer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My pictures folder (Windows 10 latest) always shows with something like this: Q-Z (21) of each group of folders. I cannot figure out how to get rid... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by rebeth, Mar 22, 2019.

1. rebeth Win User

Q-Z (21) in File Explorer

My pictures folder (Windows 10 latest) always shows with something like this: Q-Z (21) of each group of folders. I cannot figure out how to get rid of them.

:)

rebeth, Mar 22, 2019
  2. Mark Isi Win User

System Z

Hello,

For this issue, we'll be needing more information regarding this System Z that you are having issues with. Kindly provide more details, and answer the following information:

• Is this System Z a program, system file, an unrecognized disk drive, or hardware/device?
    • Did you make any changes on the settings of your PC prior to the appearance of this System Z?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have done so far?
    If you could also provide a screenshot, that would be much helpful in further assessing this issue. We'll keep an eye out to your response.

Mark Isi, Mar 22, 2019
  3. Remove Drive Z: from File Explorer

How can I remove the Z drive from appearing in File Explorer?

I can't access it "You don't currently have permission to this folder", which is fine as its's EFI partition on Disk 0.

I have tried diskpart "select volume Z" then "remove letter=Z", which works at first, but then Zreappears after reboot.

I have tried CMD "mountvol Z: /d", but that does nothing?

It appeared After I tried to combine my 464.72 GB NTFS and 501 MB NTFS partitions using EAseUS.

Screen shots of File Explorer, Disk Manager and EaseUS showing the issues.

Many thanks

magicnumber#7, Mar 22, 2019
  4. Q-Z (21) in File Explorer

Vodafone K4510-Z Compatibility with Windows10

Hi Andre,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to uninstall the current driver for Vodafone K4510-Z, download the latest driver from manufacturer’s website and install it in compatibility mode.

Follow the below step.

Step 1: Uninstall Vodafone K4510-Z driver.

• Press Windows key + x and select Program and Feature.

• Select Vodafone K4510-Z.

• Right click and select Uninstall.
    Step 2: Download the latest driver from the manufacturer’s website and install it in compatibility mode.

To run a program in compatibility mode, refer to the below link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/older-programs-compatible-version-windows

Note: Applies to Windows 10 as well.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Mar 22, 2019
Thema:

Q-Z (21) in File Explorer

1. Q-Z (21) in File Explorer - Similar Threads - File Explorer

2. File Explorer folders and/or tabs are not restored after I restart my computer. This is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer folders and/or tabs are not restored after I restart my computer. This is...: I tried all the fixes suggested online, but nothing helps. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-folders-andor-tabs-are-not-restored/b66f1254-4f39-400f-81bd-f8b32b7e2112
  3. File Explorer folders and/or tabs are not restored after I restart my computer. This is...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer folders and/or tabs are not restored after I restart my computer. This is...: I tried all the fixes suggested online, but nothing helps. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-folders-andor-tabs-are-not-restored/b66f1254-4f39-400f-81bd-f8b32b7e2112
  4. Bin files keep opening in internet explorer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bin files keep opening in internet explorer: How do I get them to open in a new location? submitted by /u/NSipe [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/1cd4lip/bin_files_keep_opening_in_internet_explorer/
  5. Internal HDD shown in explorer and marked as NTFS but I can't access it's files or see the...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internal HDD shown in explorer and marked as NTFS but I can't access it's files or see the...: Hello, I had to reinstall my windows on a 1TB SSD and before it could see the drive just fine. Now when I reinstalled it, it does show my internal HDD but I can't access any of its files. Disk management says its a 2TB drive with assigned letter and name. It also says that...
  6. Internal HDD shown in explorer and marked as NTFS but I can't access it's files or see the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internal HDD shown in explorer and marked as NTFS but I can't access it's files or see the...: Hello, I had to reinstall my windows on a 1TB SSD and before it could see the drive just fine. Now when I reinstalled it, it does show my internal HDD but I can't access any of its files. Disk management says its a 2TB drive with assigned letter and name. It also says that...
  7. Internal HDD shown in explorer and marked as NTFS but I can't access it's files or see the...

8. Windows 11 23.04.2024 update - File explorer address bar has disappeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 23.04.2024 update - File explorer address bar has disappeared: After the update from 04.23.2024 Windows 23H2, the address bar disappeared. Tabs are also not displayed when you click the "+" sigHow can I fix it?...
  9. Windows 11 23.04.2024 update - File explorer address bar has disappeared

Windows 11 23.04.2024 update - File explorer address bar has disappeared: After the update from 04.23.2024 Windows 23H2, the address bar disappeared. Tabs are also not displayed when you click the "+" sigHow can I fix it?...
  10. how to turn off a file explorer filter

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to turn off a file explorer filter: Windows 10 enterprise22H2I have one folder in file explorer that is filtering by date modified. I can not find a way to get this folder display all dates by default. I have tried unchecking the "select a date or date range" box that opens when you click on the date modified...