Windows 10: QIF File Association no longer works after windows upgrade

Discus and support QIF File Association no longer works after windows upgrade in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; After the recent Windows 10 update my QIF file association launches the incorrect version of Microsoft Money. Money is an old legacy programme that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by IanMag, Nov 30, 2015.

1. IanMag Win User

QIF File Association no longer works after windows upgrade

After the recent Windows 10 update my QIF file association launches the incorrect version of Microsoft Money.

Money is an old legacy programme that is still running JUST ...and I need to be able to customise the file association.

If I click on properties on the qif file I am given the INCORRECT option to use ....\MoneyCoreFiles\mnyimport.exe %1
    What it SHOULD say is \MoneyCoreFiles\msmoney.exe %1 ...... and no my default MSMONEY option doesn't work either. How/where do I make this change?
    Thanks

:)

IanMag, Nov 30, 2015
  2. Goergerm Win User

Can't uninstall the latest Windows 10 KB4013418 update

I have the same issue and cannot uninstall with left or right clicks! I can no longer download credit card statements from Chase into Microsoft Money 20004. "QIF Import Statement stopped because the file was not recognized as QIF. Either a line was too
    long or a supposed transaction had too many lines to be QIF." I get this error even when re-downloading files originally done before the update was installed.

Goergerm, Nov 30, 2015
  3. GeneNunez Win User
    Help! Need to re-locate new replacement app for MS Money that works with Windows 10

I'm one of those who originally installed Windows 10 earlier this month only to find my MS Money Sunset Edition no longer works. The registry fixes etc. did not help. I located an app within Microsoft that will download the QIF files and do roughly the
    same thing, but I can't recall where I found it. So far re-searching hasn't pulled it. Can anyone recall the name of it? It downloads all types of files including OFX and QIF from banks and should work with my saved data. Please advise!

GeneNunez, Nov 30, 2015
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, an easy way is to use FileTypesMan by Nirsoft. (free)

dalchina, Nov 30, 2015
  5. Berton Win User
    Which version of Money? Microsoft discontinued it some time ago but did make available a different/newer version.
    Money Plus Sunset Deluxe
    Download Money Plus Sunset Deluxe from Official Microsoft Download Center

Berton, Nov 30, 2015
  6. IanMag Win User
    Thanks for the suggestion that I would really like to follow ...unfortunately Money Plus Sunset Deluxe will not support the UK file formats ..which for some reason are different to those used in the US.

IanMag, Nov 30, 2015
  7. IanMag Win User
    Response deleted

IanMag, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. QIF File Association no longer works after windows upgrade - Similar Threads - QIF File Association

2. Windows 11 Security Dashboard no longer working after upgrade?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Security Dashboard no longer working after upgrade?: I recently upgraded from 10 to 11 and the security dashboard is no longer working and there is a small yellow triangle over the icon on the desktop. Similarly if I try to go in via settings the border of the program briefly appears then its gone? Anyone who has any ideas what...
  3. Windows 11 Security Dashboard no longer working after upgrade?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Security Dashboard no longer working after upgrade?: I recently upgraded from 10 to 11 and the security dashboard is no longer working and there is a small yellow triangle over the icon on the desktop. Similarly if I try to go in via settings the border of the program briefly appears then its gone? Anyone who has any ideas what...
  4. bluetooth no longer working after upgrading to windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bluetooth no longer working after upgrading to windows 11: shortly after updating to windows 11 my laptop stopped connecting to bluetooth device. sometimes after I restart "Bluetooth Support Service" in services it will appear in task manager with my devices but it will still fail to connect and disappears again afterwards. running...
  5. bluetooth no longer working after upgrading to windows 11

bluetooth no longer working after upgrading to windows 11: shortly after updating to windows 11 my laptop stopped connecting to bluetooth device. sometimes after I restart "Bluetooth Support Service" in services it will appear in task manager with my devices but it will still fail to connect and disappears again afterwards. running...
  6. Ethernet port no longer works after upgrade to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ethernet port no longer works after upgrade to Windows 10: I recently upgraded my Dell Studio XPS 435T/9000 to windows 10 and the ethernet port no longer works. I believe I have a Realtek PCIe GbE Family Controller ethernet port but this is the current one displaying after I tried to update to a newer driver. All hep is...
  7. Association File GPO Not Working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Association File GPO Not Working: Good day, I would like to apply Microsoft Edge and Outlook to be the default apps to all the computers in the organisation. All the computers are running Windows 10 1809/1909. I have used the DISM command dism.exe /online...
  8. No file associations after Windows version upgrades

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No file associations after Windows version upgrades: Hi, does anyone have an idea why I always lose my standard file associations when I update Windows 10 with a new feature update through Windows Update?? All the time I'm losing my already made program file type associations. Windows always wants to know what program I want to...
  9. After 1803 to 1809 upgrade, Windows Update no longer works

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    After 1803 to 1809 upgrade, Windows Update no longer works: On Friday, I upgraded a VirtualBox VM 1803 Professional x64 to 1809. When the upgrade was complete, I ran Windows Update, but it errored out after a long delay with ERROR_TIMEOUT (0x800705b4). I have tried a clean boot and resetting the Windows Update components. That did...
  10. File associations don't work

File associations don't work: OK, so file association for .htm files is set to my text editor. For some reason, though, the text editor won't open when I double-click a .htm file. I get the blue spinning timer thing for a few seconds, then nothing happens. Apart from "uninstall this crock of an...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. qif association

2. update registry for qif files

3. import stopped because the file was not recognized as qif