Windows 10: QNAP NAS invisible to Backup Centre

Discus and support QNAP NAS invisible to Backup Centre in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Would appreciate assistance with this matter... The W10 (1909) Backup & Restore facility doesn't 'see' my connected QNAP NAS. The NAS doesn't show... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by dogfonos, Jan 25, 2020.

1. dogfonos Win User

QNAP NAS invisible to Backup Centre

Would appreciate assistance with this matter...

The W10 (1909) Backup & Restore facility doesn't 'see' my connected QNAP NAS. The NAS doesn't show when I browse to look for a network location on which to backup. Worked fine under W7. And I can't remember the exact NAS file path (or whatever it' s called) so I can't enter that (as the Network Location) instead.

W10 knows the NAS exists because it shows up under 'Devices & Printers'.

:)

dogfonos, Jan 25, 2020
  2. btarunr Win User

QNAP Expands its Turbo NAS Peripherals Compatibility List

QNAP Systems, Inc. is extending the number of compatible peripherals for its popular lineup of Turbo NAS products. The additions, including two external storage devices, two 3.5-inch hard drives, four IP cameras, and three 3rd party backup applications are now fully compatible.

The Turbo NAS series models are now compatible with the Astone RD-230 Dual Bay and Tandberg Removable Cartridges (160GB & 640GB) external hard drives and the following 3.5-inch internal hard drives: Hitachi HUA723020ALA640 and HDS5C3030ALA630.

Three new 3rd party backup applications from FarStone now work with QNAP Turbo NAS including: Total Recovery Pro, Total Backup Recovery Advanced Server, and Total Backup Recovery Advanced Workstation.

To provide Turbo NAS users with more IP camera options, the following models are newly added to the compatibility list: D-Link DCS-900(A) and DCS-900(B1/ B2), Panasonic BL-C111 and Vivotec IP 7330.

“The QNAP development team works continuously to grow the range of peripheral compatibility and to ensure our users have flexible selections,” said Jason Hsu, QNAP product manager.

For the complete compatibility list of supported peripherals, please visit this page.

btarunr, Jan 25, 2020
  3. btarunr Win User
    QNAP Showcases New Thunderbolt NAS Lineup

QNAP Systems, Inc. will be exhibiting at the Photography Show taking place at the NEC, Birmingham, UK, from March 18th to March 21st, 2017. Visitors heading to QNAP's stand C51 will have the chance to get hands on with QNAP's latest NAS solutions for all image creators, including the industry-leading Thunderbolt 3 NAS and many other models of the feature-rich NAS series.

QNAP will present amateur and professional photographers a variety of QNAP NAS solutions designed to suit their needs in image production. With live demos, visitors will see how QNAP NAS can help optimise their workflows. The TVS-882T Thunderbolt 2 NAS is a perfect match for Mac users. The TVS-882T features up to 20Gb/s bandwidth to deliver high-speed file transfers and to boost the 4K video editing process, making it ideal for 4K image production workflow. For image creators with multiple needs in backup, the TVS-473, equipped with the powerful AMD R-Series APU, is the perfect NAS solution to build a private cloud.

QNAP NAS invisible to Backup Centre faa7aed0655d_thm.jpg

With the support of USB 3.1 10Gbps connectivity and 10GbE expandability, it satisfies users who demand higher bandwidth for fast backup and restore for an ever-growing amount of data. It provides various backup applications including volume and LUN snapshots, RTRR, Rsync and cloud storage backup. Additionally, QNAP will also introduce the TS-453A. Featuring advanced 8th-generation Intel HD Graphics, it supports 4K hardware decoding and 4K (H.264) video transcoding, bringing a quality multimedia experience with its superior video playback ability.

Highlights of QNAP's stand also include high-performance yet cost-effective NAS solutions
    To meet diverse consumer needs for various media applications, a selection of QNAP's SMB NAS models will also be displayed at the Photography Show. More from QNAP's Thunderbolt NAS line will be exhibited, including the TVS-1282T, TVS-882ST2 and TVS-1282ST3. The TVS-1282ST3 Thunderbolt 3 NAS is the latest addition to QNAP's Thunderbolt NAS lineup. Being the best companion for the latest MacBook Pro, the pioneering TVS-1282T3 adopts the latest Thunderbolt 3 technology. Coupled with QNAP's exclusive Thunderbolt to Ethernet (T2E) Converter technology, the NAS allows Thunderbolt-enabled computers to connect to 10GbE networks for wider application scenarios. Visitors will also see the highly-acclaimed, cost-effective 10GbE-enabled business NAS, TS-431X and TS-1635. The quad-core 16-bay TS-1635 provides huge storage potential, ideal for media professionals that create vast amounts of high-resolution media files from daily work routines.

More Information on QNAP at the Photography Show 2017
    • Exhibit Hours: Saturday, March 18th, 2017 - Tuesday, March 21st, 2017 ; 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.

btarunr, Jan 25, 2020
  4. QNAP NAS invisible to Backup Centre

QNAP Releases McAfee Antivirus for Turbo NAS

Step right up, folks! Yes, now your QNAP Turbo NAS can feel as sluggish as your desktop PC with a new McAfee AntiVirus subscription. And let's not forget that false sense of security when malware walks right past McAfee AV without even a squawk.
    *Roll :roll:

Static~Charge, Jan 25, 2020
Thema:

QNAP NAS invisible to Backup Centre

1. QNAP NAS invisible to Backup Centre - Similar Threads - QNAP NAS invisible

2. Windows 11 does not see QNAP NAS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 does not see QNAP NAS: Windows does not see the NAS, a QNAP TS-219PII. This worked perfectly under Windows 10. The Windows LAN is defined as public, both network discovery and file and printer sharing are turned on. SMB is turned on.Which settings are to be checked in order that Windows recognizes...
  3. Windows 11 does not see QNAP NAS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 does not see QNAP NAS: Windows does not see the NAS, a QNAP TS-219PII. This worked perfectly under Windows 10. The Windows LAN is defined as public, both network discovery and file and printer sharing are turned on. SMB is turned on.Which settings are to be checked in order that Windows recognizes...
  4. Macrium Reflect creating full disk image QNAP NAS too slow

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Macrium Reflect creating full disk image QNAP NAS too slow: I have always been a big fan of Macrium Reflect and have several images on several USB drives around the place. Recently I have purchased a QNAP TS453Be (8G memory) which I am amazed it took me this long to get one. With 4x4TB NAS drives in raid 5 configuration. Very happy...
  5. Best Backup for NAS drives?

Best Backup for NAS drives?: Hi, Would anyone recommend a good Cloud Backup for my NAS drives, Synology DS218J NAS 16TB and WD My Cloud EX2 Ultra NAS 8TB both on RAID1 (HOME) setups but am looking for a online backup incase off theft or any other problems? I'm using about 2-4TB at the moment. Thanks...
  6. File History and backup to a NAS

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    File History and backup to a NAS: I have been trying to use file history in Windows 10 to back up to my NAS. It works to backup everything but the documents which it refuses to do unless an alteration has been made to the document. I have looked at other advice on the community pages and everything suggested...
  7. Backup to NAS

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Backup to NAS: Hello! I want to save my Windows backup to my NAS but i am running access to it without credentials, and that dosnt work for Windows Backup. The backup feature wants credentials but i dont have any. Typing Guest/Guest dosnt work, it just says i need full permission but i...
  8. Backup of your NAS boxes

Backup of your NAS boxes: Hi there A lot of people here back up to NAS boxes -- but remember These CAN fail as well (or at least an HDD can). So I do suggest that you actually backup the stuff on your NAS from time to time -- you might NEVER need it but who knows. NAS boxes (or things like Micro...
  9. Windows & Qnap

Windows & Qnap: Hello, when i click on network i can see the qnap and if i click on it go's to login for qnap page. Windows cannot access it . I can access qnap from it's software. Any ideas 53123
  10. Lost network connection to QNAP NAS after Windows 10 upgrade

Lost network connection to QNAP NAS after Windows 10 upgrade: Hi folks, I was apprehensive about Windows 10. I know this because the upgrade icon stated for a while now that it was ready to download and install - but I wasn't. I was quite content with my Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit OS. Unfortunately, yesterday in a particularly good...