Windows 10: QoS Powershell freezing network adapter properties.

Discus and support QoS Powershell freezing network adapter properties. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I'm using powershell to set QoS on my system with the following commands: New-NetQosPolicy -Name Wildcard -IPProtocolMatchCondition Both... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by engelsheidt, Nov 10, 2018.

1. QoS Powershell freezing network adapter properties.

I'm using powershell to set QoS on my system with the following commands:

New-NetQosPolicy -Name Wildcard -IPProtocolMatchCondition Both -NetworkProfile All -ThrottleRateActionBitsPerSecond 8 -MinBandwidthWeightAction 70

It limits every application to 8 Bits.

New-NetQosPolicy -Name Firefox -AppPathNameMatchCondition "firefox.exe" -Precedence 150 -DSCPAction 16

Allows firefox to use all the available bandwidth.

I can use a similar command to free the apps i want to get effective internet access.

When i try to change and save any property of the network adapter it hangs, then i have to terminate the process , the network adapter stops working , windows lists it as not having drivers installed , when i restart the pc , it just stays on the restart animation till i use the physical restart button of my case.

If I disable the QoS policy named Wildcard the weird behavior of the network adapter ceases.

:)

engelsheidt, Nov 10, 2018
  2. 'Mike P Win User

How do I uninstall the Qos Packet Scheduler in Network Adapter

You cant uninstall the packet scheduler and doubt that is your problem.

Unchecking it in the device properties disables it. If you connection is that bad and you truly think its QoS setting, disable QoS in the router.

If you have a problem with your network adapter visit the manufacturer's support pages and download the driver then try uninstalling your network driver from device manager including the driver if it asks... refresh the device manager tree and it should
    see an error missing the driver, update the driver by browsing to your unzipped downloaded driver.

'Mike P, Nov 10, 2018
  3. How do I uninstall the Qos Packet Scheduler in Network Adapter

My internet speed has slowed to a crawl. I have read several posts on Wan Miniports being the problem. I have several listed under my network adapter. The posts I have read say to uninstall the Qos Packet Scheduler. I am not able to do that. I can
    uncheck or disable but not allowed to uninstall. Can someone provide some instructions on how to uninstall the Qos Packet Scheduler and will this take care of my problem with the WAN miniports that are slowing my internet speed.

KeithHonsberger, Nov 10, 2018
  4. QoS Powershell freezing network adapter properties.

network adapters

Hi, Michael.

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

As per my understanding, you may be facing an issue with your driver updates.

I suggest that you perform the steps mentioned below and check if it helps you resolve your issue.

Method 1: Network troubleshooting

• On the search bar type “Troubleshooting”
        • Click on “Network and Internet”
        • Click on “Network Adapter” and run the troubleshooter.

Method 2: Download and install the latest firmware updates for the Network adapter

Follow these steps to un-install the drivers:

• On the search bar type “ Device Manager”
    • On the left pane locate “Network Adapter” and expand by clicking on it
    • Right on the “ Network driver” option and click “Uninstall’
    • Download the latest Wireless network adapter driver setup file from the manufacturer’s website and install it.

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information in order to assist you accordingly.

For further assistance, you can post your query in Microsoft Community

Vanessa Sohtun, Nov 10, 2018
Thema:

QoS Powershell freezing network adapter properties.

1. QoS Powershell freezing network adapter properties. - Similar Threads - QoS Powershell freezing

2. Delete network adapter bridge using PowerShell

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Delete network adapter bridge using PowerShell: Hi,I must suppress not disable an adapter bridge between the WiFi and the Ethernet for our PC fleet. Is-it possible to do this using PowerShell script? And what are PowerShell commands to use? I have over 300 units to apply this change and I don't want to do this one by one...
  3. Delete network adapter bridge using PowerShell

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Delete network adapter bridge using PowerShell: Hi,I must suppress not disable an adapter bridge between the WiFi and the Ethernet for our PC fleet. Is-it possible to do this using PowerShell script? And what are PowerShell commands to use? I have over 300 units to apply this change and I don't want to do this one by one...
  4. Delete network adapter bridge using PowerShell

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Network Adapter Properties Advanced Tab

Network Adapter Properties Advanced Tab: Alright so I have this problem with my 5Ghz internet. I was using it just fine till I suddenly felt my wifi went super slow. So normally I would restart the router and carry on. However, this time I could not find the 5Ghz internet anymore. Instead, only the 2.4ghz is around....
  6. Configuring Network Adapter Properties via CMD..?

Configuring Network Adapter Properties via CMD..?: Does anyone know how to use Command Prompt to configure the Network Adapter Properties? [ATTACH] Would be handy to not have to access this window, which is buried pretty deep, every time they need to be altered... 141527
  7. 'Network Address' property not displaying for wireless adapter

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    'Network Address' property not displaying for wireless adapter: If you go to the "Device Manager" control panel window, and open the 'Network Adapters' drop down, there is a list of different Network Adapters. My goal was to change the MAC address on my wireless adapter that I use to connect to the wifi. You can do this by displaying the...
  8. Advanced Tab in Network Adapter Properties is Blank

Advanced Tab in Network Adapter Properties is Blank: Hi there. I am currently experiencing an issue with my network speed since resetting my PC. I looked into it and discovered that it was a relatively easy fix, by accessing the advanced setting on my network adapter. However, when i open the advanced tab it is blank, and on...
  9. Cannot change network adapter properties

Cannot change network adapter properties: I use a laptop with Windows 10 image, it is Dell Precision and three network adapters. But I faced a problem with network adapter settings. I changed the settings and tried to save them but it resulted in an error. “An unexpected condition occurred. Not all of your requested...
  10. Windows 10 Unable to change network adapter properties

Windows 10 Unable to change network adapter properties: I have a problem with Windows 10 network adapter settings. First saving changes to the settings lead to an error message and after running Network reset all adapters disappeared. I have a PC with Windows 10 image and three network adapters. When the image was first...