Windows 10: Qualcomm Atheros AR9485WB-EG Wireless Network Adapter needs re-setting 3 times per hour

Discus and support Qualcomm Atheros AR9485WB-EG Wireless Network Adapter needs re-setting 3 times per hour in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Since the last couple of Windows updates it has been necessary to re-set Qualcomm Atheros AR9485WB-EG Wireless Network Adapter. Internet keeps dropping... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by NavrajSidhu, Feb 13, 2020 at 6:32 AM.

1. Qualcomm Atheros AR9485WB-EG Wireless Network Adapter needs re-setting 3 times per hour

Since the last couple of Windows updates it has been necessary to re-set Qualcomm Atheros AR9485WB-EG Wireless Network Adapter. Internet keeps dropping out. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Microsoft dont' seem to have a clue.

Thanks,

:)

2. Sm Andrey Win User

Wifi/Ethernet Qualcomm Atheros AR9485WB-EG / AR8161 didn't recognased as network adapters

Wifi/Ethernet Qualcomm Atheros AR9485WB-EG / AR8161 didn't recognased as network adapters after upgrade to W10.

3. Qualcomm Atheros AR9485WB-EG wireless fails to connect after successful WPA2-PSK authentication

Hi Jimmy,

Thanks for replying to us with the status of your issue.

We appreciate your time and effort in order to resolve the issue.

As the issue still persist, I suggest you to try installing the Qualcomm Atheros AR9485WB-EG wireless in Compatibility mode and check if it helps.

Try the below steps:

Step 1: Download the driver for Qualcomm Atheros AR9485WB-EG wireless.

Refer to the below link:

https://www.atheros.cz/atheros-wireless-download.php?chipset=61&system=5

Step 2: Install the driver in Compatibility mode.

To install a program in compatibility mode refer to the below link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/older-programs-compatible-version-windows

Note: Applies to Windows 10 as well.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

4. johnknopp Win User

Qualcomm Atheros AR9485WB-EG Wireless Network Adapter needs re-setting 3 times per hour

Qualcomm Atheros Communications Inc. driver update for Qualcomm Atheros AR9002WB-1NG Wireless Network Adapter

will not update Qualcomm Atheros Communications Inc. driver update for Qualcomm Atheros AR9002WB-1NG Wireless Network Adapter

Thema:

Qualcomm Atheros AR9485WB-EG Wireless Network Adapter needs re-setting 3 times per hour

1. Qualcomm Atheros AR9485WB-EG Wireless Network Adapter needs re-setting 3 times per hour - Similar Threads - Qualcomm Atheros AR9485WB

2. Qualcomm atheros qca9377 wireless network adapter hidden

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Qualcomm atheros qca9377 wireless network adapter hidden: my qualcomm atheros qca9377 wireless network adapter is cannot be detected what should I do? When I am plug the cable, is connected properly but it cannot detect the wireless. I already update the adapter to the new one it still will happen. I also have done the network reset...
  3. Wireless adapter qualcomm atheros issue driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wireless adapter qualcomm atheros issue driver: Hi, after a big research i found out that the Qualcomm Atheros Wireless Adpaters AR946XDrivers is not Compatible with Windows 10 1907,1903 and also 1809. I discovered that many people encounter this issues with internet when updating to Win10 1907, 1809 or 1903, including...
  4. Qualcomm Atheros QCA9377 Wireless adapter errors

Qualcomm Atheros QCA9377 Wireless adapter errors: Hi All, I keep getting disconnected on my Wifi every 10mins or so since 23 Sep 2019. After some time, it would stop connecting. I have to manually go to the device manager and disable the "Qualcomm Atheros QCA9377 Wireless adapter" and re-enable it to get it working....
  5. Marvell AVASTAR network controller or Qualcomm Atheros QCA61x4A Wireless Network Adapter is...

Marvell AVASTAR network controller or Qualcomm Atheros QCA61x4A Wireless Network Adapter is...: I have XPS13 and it had been working fine. However sice yesterday the wifi tab went missing. It does not show up in network setting. I searched on Microsoft website and it said to go to device manager - network adapter. It said if "Marvell AVASTAR network controller or...
  6. Qualcomm Atheros AR9485 Wireless Network Adapter keeps disconnecting!! Help!!

Qualcomm Atheros AR9485 Wireless Network Adapter keeps disconnecting!! Help!!: Qualcomm Atheros AR9485 Wireless Network Adapter keeps disconnecting all of a sudden on my ASUS !! Help!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/qualcomm-atheros-ar9485-wireless-network-adapter/31d503f2-c048-4e77-af9b-7966631ab47e
  7. Qualcomm Atheros QCA61x4A Wireless Network Adapter

Qualcomm Atheros QCA61x4A Wireless Network Adapter: My network adapter does not show up and I need to restart PC at least 10 times before it shows up so that I can connect to wireless network. How can I solve this problem?...
  8. Qualcomm Atheros AR956x Wireless Network adapter and Windows 10

Qualcomm Atheros AR956x Wireless Network adapter and Windows 10: The above is the title to a question ask by Deb O. on May 17, 2018 about losing wifi router connections (the thread is now locked). Her text is exactly what is happening to me (losing connection constantly and having to reset her router often.) However, all the links she...
  9. Atheros Qualcomm wireless network driver problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Atheros Qualcomm wireless network driver problem: Hello everyone. My notebook would not complete installation of Windows 10 due to athwbx.sys problem. BSOD. This is a driver file found in Windows 8 for the Atheros Wireless Network hardware. However I am updating from Windows 7 and this file is not part of the drivers...
  10. Atheros AR9485WB-EG Wireless Adapter - No 5 GHz Reception

Atheros AR9485WB-EG Wireless Adapter - No 5 GHz Reception: This is my first post. I have an ASUS notebook running Windows 10 64 bit OS. I have a Linksys router transmitting on both 2.4 and 5 GHz. I can receive the 5 GHz signal on my iPhone but not on my notebook. Installed latest driver and when I go to the adapters' properties it...