Windows 10: Qualcomm video drivers lacking OpenGL support

Discus and support Qualcomm video drivers lacking OpenGL support in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So the video drivers that Qualcomm provides for the all the snapdragon-based windows devices so far all are missing OpenGL support. It's my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DomFriant, Dec 10, 2019.

1. DomFriant Win User

Qualcomm video drivers lacking OpenGL support

So the video drivers that Qualcomm provides for the all the snapdragon-based windows devices so far all are missing OpenGL support. It's my understanding that windows natively only support OpenGL 1.1, and past that it's up to the GPU maker to include support in their drivers. nVidia, AMD, and even Intel all include support for OpenGL in their video drivers, but not Qualcomm. So I'm wondering where and how would be the best way to provide feedback to their windows driver team to include support in a driver update. Or maybe instead communicate to this to Microsoft to encourage Qualcomm from their end. I could be wrong, but I doubt I'm the only one that would like to see OpenGL support on Windows 10 ARM devices.

:)

DomFriant, Dec 10, 2019

2. Qualcomm Gobi2000 9225 driver for windows 10

Hi Stone Chen,

We appreciate you for being a part of Windows 10.

Before proceeding, we need more information to help you better.

• Do you get any error when you try to run the Qualcomm Gobi2000 9225 driver?

• Did you try to install the Qualcomm Gobi2000 9225
      Windows 7 driver in compatibility mode?
    Kindly follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Method 1:

You may try to update the Qualcomm Gobi2000 9225 driver and check the functionality of the driver.

Refer to the following article to update all the drivers available in Windows 10.

How to: Install and Update drivers in
    Windows 10

If the issue persist, follow the below method.

Method 2:

Follow the below steps sequentially.

Step 1:

First, I suggest you to uninstall the Qualcomm Gobi2000 9225 driver.

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard, select Device manager.

• Locate the Qualcomm Gobi2000 9225 driver from the list of drivers available in Device manager.

• Right click on the Qualcomm Gobi2000 9225 driver and click
      Uninstall.

• Click OK (if any dialog box prompted)
    Step 2:

I suggest you to install the Qualcomm Gobi2000 9225
    Windows 7 driver in compatibility mode and check the functionality of the driver.

Compatibility mode runs the program using settings from a previous version of Windows. Try this setting if you know the program is designed for (or worked in) a specific previous version of Windows.

Follow the steps to install the drivers in compatibility mode.

• Right-click on the Qualcomm Gobi2000 9225
      driver setup file and click on Properties.
    • Click on the compatibility tab and check the box
      Run this program in compatibility mode for
      and select previous Operating System from the drop down. (Windows 7/8/vista/xp/other Windows as you prefer).
    • Click on Apply and click ‘OK’ and run the file to install it.
    I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Dec 10, 2019
  3. Need OPENGL

The issue is that the Microsoft-supplied WHQL driver for Intel HD Graphics 4000 lacks OpenGL support. The native Intel drivers for Windows 8 and previous included OpenGL support, but Intel no longer directly supplies these drivers for Windows 10 per Microsoft's
    directive. This seems to be a common theme where Microsoft favors their Direct3D over OpenGL, but effectively renders Windows 10 unusable for many popular graphics apps/games.

I wound up backing out several Windows 10 upgrades and will stick with Windows 7 for the long haul.

FlipperDolphin, Dec 10, 2019
  4. Qualcomm video drivers lacking OpenGL support

OpenGL Update

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Provide the below information to understand better.

1) Did you get any error message to update to OpenGL 2.0?

2) what is the make and model of your PC?

I would like to inform you that OpenGL is already installed on . Hoyour computerwever, you should go to video card manufacturer's website to make sure you have the latest drivers for OpenGL installed. All video card manufacturers make their own OpenGL drivers.

If you have a newer computer, you probablyhav already e the hardware (video card) that you need. Most video cards work with OpenGL. Check the information that came with your video card or go to the card manufacturer's website to make sure your card is compatible
    with the latest version of OpenGL. In addition to making sure that your video card works with OpenGL, you should make sure that your video card drivers are up to date. Go to the video card manufacturer's website to make sure you have the latest drivers for
    OpenGL. All video card manufacturers make their own OpenGL drivers.

If you have any other queries with Windows 10, feel free to contact us again.

Thank you.

Praveen Venugopal, Dec 10, 2019
Thema:

Qualcomm video drivers lacking OpenGL support

1. Qualcomm video drivers lacking OpenGL support - Similar Threads - Qualcomm video drivers

2. my drivers dont support OpenGL?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    my drivers dont support OpenGL?: ok so long-story short. My laptop broke and now I am using my sisters laptop, I tried to run Tlauncher minecraft on it but when I do it says "GLFW error 65542: WGL: The driver does not appear to support OpenGL. Please make sure you have up-to-date divers see aka.ms/mcdriver...
  3. my drivers dont support OpenGL?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my drivers dont support OpenGL?: ok so long-story short. My laptop broke and now I am using my sisters laptop, I tried to run Tlauncher minecraft on it but when I do it says "GLFW error 65542: WGL: The driver does not appear to support OpenGL. Please make sure you have up-to-date divers see aka.ms/mcdriver...
  4. my drivers dont support OpenGL?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. lack of support

in Windows 10 Gaming
    lack of support: i purchased windows 10 todayhow do i bust through the support wall i have case numbercant talk to anyone https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lack-of-support/e36938fe-1ca4-4d3b-a0bd-8345b65cf840
  6. lack of support

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    lack of support: i purchased windows 10 todayhow do i bust through the support wall i have case numbercant talk to anyone https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lack-of-support/e36938fe-1ca4-4d3b-a0bd-8345b65cf840
  7. Driver does not appear to support OpenGL

Driver does not appear to support OpenGL: How do I get the driver to support opengl?Info:IntelR HD Graphics 2000 Driver Version: 9.17.10.4459 Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro10.0.18363 DirectX* Version: 11.0 Physical Memory: 3984 MB Processor: IntelR CoreTM i5-2400 CPU @ 3.10GHz Processor Speed: 3093 MHz *...
  8. lack of support.

lack of support.: i have paid to be supported by the team,when i try to get help i go round and round with any help,the virual agent is useless,the tel support has no tel number,help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lack-of-support/17fff45a-b5ae-4f2c-bbe8-0242b3a25c95
  9. Minecraft OpenGL error on windows 10, Driver does not support OpenGL.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft OpenGL error on windows 10, Driver does not support OpenGL.: I loved to play Minecraft: Java edition on my Windows 7 32-bit and I recently decided to upgrade to Windows 10 free download 64-bit since I had a x64 based processor. I went onto Minecraft and loaded the launcher but as soon as it exits the start page to bring the launcher it...
  10. Not supporting OpenGL

Not supporting OpenGL: At 3:52, 23rd of March 2020, my Minecraft crashed. After that whenever I tried to restart it the result is "GLFW error 65542". It says that my driver does not support OpenGL but I had been playing Minecraft for a long time and I had not updated the driver at all. I checked...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. open gl for snapdragon