Windows 10: Qualcomm Wireless Network Adpater Automatically Disabling/Crashing/Turning OFF only while...

Discus and support Qualcomm Wireless Network Adpater Automatically Disabling/Crashing/Turning OFF only while... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello there, So now i am totally fed up with this problem that i am facing since the start of the June 2020 and after updating my system to latest... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by KeshavChoudhary, Jul 2, 2020.

1. Qualcomm Wireless Network Adpater Automatically Disabling/Crashing/Turning OFF only while...

Hello there,

So now i am totally fed up with this problem that i am facing since the start of the June 2020 and after updating my system to latest Windows 10 version 2004. My laptop isACER ASPIRE VX 15 running latest build of Windows 10 Home Build 19041.331 Version 2004. My wireless network adapter isQualcomm Atheros QCA61x41. Since the start of the June 2020my network adapter is continuously getting disabled or stopped only when i am playing games. Things i tried:

1. Resetting my drivers to factory version or installing the version provided on my OEM website.

2. Updating the driver version to the latest one.

3. Turning off the power management feature of the Wireless Adapter from Device Manager .

4. I have also RESET my Windows 10 and clean install the windows. When i did this everything worked totally fine for about 10-12 days but now since yesterday the problem is back and i haven't made any changes to the system in this time.

5. Scanning Windows for any corrupt files.

6. Resetting the network settings.

I haven't tried going back to Windows 10 version 1909 though. Also when i searched this issue on the internet i found 2 more people who are facing same issue with the Qualcomm Atheros QCA61x41. One is using same OEM laptop and other person is on Windows 10 v1909 and still facing the issue. He even tried going back to 2018 version of WIndows 10 and still facing this issue.

The weird thing about this issue is it only happens when i am playing some game. Otherwise when i am simply browsing the internet or downloading some file Wi-Fi works totally fine without any interruption. Other thing is when i uninstall the driver and Windows install the required driver again then for that period everything works fine till the next reboot.

I am attaching the Windows Log/Event Viewer Screenshot when this error arises.

Also i wanna mention that in past 2 days i have faced 2 types of BSOD after my Wireless Adapter got crashed or stopped.

Error name:

1. IQRL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

2. WFP INVALID OPERATION i have memory dump file for this BSOD

Both BSOD happened when i was in between of the game. Both BSOD happened on two different consecutive days.

Qualcomm Wireless Network Adpater Automatically Disabling/Crashing/Turning OFF only while... e0aecc15-1197-4028-9cb4-43a25d09b05d?upload=true.jpg

Qualcomm Wireless Network Adpater Automatically Disabling/Crashing/Turning OFF only while... 402ad0ec-339b-42d1-96b9-408f39345169?upload=true.jpg

:)

KeshavChoudhary, Jul 2, 2020

2. Wireless newtwork adapter disables itself

My wireless card has an issue where it will disable itself and require me to manually turn it back on. This is most commonly an issue when running on battery power, but has been issue while plugged in. Typically when it causes an issue it will continue to
    cause the issue for that session on the Laptop. What I mean is that one day it will be fine and the next day the wireless adapter will need to be turned on every other minute. And sometimes will turn itself off within a few seconds of re-connecting.

I have run all the troubleshooting tests. but there is no issue with the connection, only that it turns itself off. And I have followed every step I can find online to disable the windows power features so that it should not turn off the network to save
    battery power. Nothing has worked and there are only so many places you can go while dragging an ethernet cord around.

Is there a software fix? or should I be replacing the wirless card on the computer. I am hesitating doing that since I'm not convinced the problem is with the wireless adapter instead of with windows 10

my wireless is Qualcomm Atheros AR9485 Wireless Network Adapter

CalebJ_908, Jul 2, 2020
  3. Kazz913 Win User
    Windows 10 Wireless Network Bug "Wi-fi Turned Off"

I've been running into this problem for a little while after a Windows Update on my 4 month old computer. When my computer goes into sleep mode, upon waking the wireless network runs into a bug. The "wifi" setting sets itself to "OFF" and won't allow me
    to turn it back on. I have tried the following to try to fix this error to no avail:

• Updating to the latest drivers of my wireless network device
    • Updating Windows 10 to the most latest version
    • Going into my wireless network advanced settings and Not allowing windows to turn off "wifi" to save power
    • Buying a new wireless device
    • Updating my new wireless device to the latest drivers
    • Disabling and re-enabling my wireless network device
    • Uninstalling all drivers and reinstalling them
    • Unplugging the wireless device and replugging it
    • Looking for a button that toggles wifi (There isn't one)
    • Turning off all power saving mode features within my wireless device setting in Windows Settings

None of these attempts have been able to fix this problem. The only way to get my wireless card access to work again is to turn the computer completely off and reboot. This works only 75% of the time. The other 25% of the time I have to turn the computer
    completely off and reboot around 3 or 4 times. So the best "Fix" I've been able to find is to never allow my computer to go into sleep mode, only problem is... my computer never goes into sleep mode.

I've seen this problem come up back in 2015. But the only answers I was able to find was the list above which as I said, I've already tried.

Anyone happen to have a fix for this?

Moved fromQualcomm Wireless Network Adpater Automatically Disabling/Crashing/Turning OFF only while... :(Windows / Windows 10 / Devices & drivers)

Kazz913, Jul 2, 2020
  4. Qualcomm Wireless Network Adpater Automatically Disabling/Crashing/Turning OFF only while...

Windows 10: Disable automatic connection of a wireless network

Hi,

Sorry for the delay in replying.

If you have not tried this then you may follow these steps to test if that helps:

• Open "Network and Sharing Center".

• On the left pane, click on the option "Manage wireless networks”.

• Look for those networks where the Security is "Unsecured." Right-click on an unsecured network, then click on "Properties”.

• Make sure that the box next to "Connect automatically when this network is in range," is not checked. Then click on "OK" to save your settings. Repeat the steps to uncheck the box for any other unsecured networks on the list.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Jul 2, 2020
Thema:

Qualcomm Wireless Network Adpater Automatically Disabling/Crashing/Turning OFF only while...

1. Qualcomm Wireless Network Adpater Automatically Disabling/Crashing/Turning OFF only while... - Similar Threads - Qualcomm Wireless Network

2. Disable automatic connection of a wireless network not in range

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disable automatic connection of a wireless network not in range: I am trying to connect to a network, but it is not shown in the list of available networks. It is in fact available, but it is not shown. When I launch the troubleshooter, it insists on connecting me to a network that I previously had selected as "connect automatically", but...
  3. Disable automatic connection of a wireless network not in range

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable automatic connection of a wireless network not in range: I am trying to connect to a network, but it is not shown in the list of available networks. It is in fact available, but it is not shown. When I launch the troubleshooter, it insists on connecting me to a network that I previously had selected as "connect automatically", but...
  4. Disable automatic connection of a wireless network not in range

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Qualcomm Atheros qca9377 wireless network adapter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Qualcomm Atheros qca9377 wireless network adapter: How do I remove this piece of sh*t off of my PC? It is currently disabled, but I want rid of it all together!I have a Acer Aspire C24-963 purchased in 2021 all in one desktop PC, running Windows 10 Pro. Every time it tries to connect to wi-fi, I get a blue screen and the...
  6. Qualcomm Atheros AR956x Wireless Network Adapter

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Qualcomm Atheros AR956x Wireless Network Adapter: I have 3 Acer Aspire laptops of varying models and vintages; the oldest and newest have no problem connecting to my router. The Aspire E 15 Start uses the Qualcomm Atheros AR956x Wireless Network Adapter which I have uninstalled and reinstalled many times which resolves the...
  7. Qualcomm Wireless Network Adapter Automatically Disabling/Crashing/Turning OFF only while...

Qualcomm Wireless Network Adapter Automatically Disabling/Crashing/Turning OFF only while...: Hello there, So now i am totally fed up with this problem that i am facing since the start of the June 2020 and after updating my system to latest Windows 10 version 2004. My laptop isACER ASPIRE VX 15 running latest build of Windows 10 Home Build 19041.331 Version 2004. My...
  8. Qualcomm Atheros QCA61x4A Wireless Network Adapter

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Qualcomm Atheros QCA61x4A Wireless Network Adapter: My network adapter does not show up and I need to restart PC at least 10 times before it shows up so that I can connect to wireless network. How can I solve this problem?...
  9. Atheros Qualcomm wireless network driver problem

Atheros Qualcomm wireless network driver problem: Hello everyone. My notebook would not complete installation of Windows 10 due to athwbx.sys problem. BSOD. This is a driver file found in Windows 8 for the Atheros Wireless Network hardware. However I am updating from Windows 7 and this file is not part of the drivers...
  10. Turn On or Off Connect Automatically to Wireless Network in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Connect Automatically to Wireless Network in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Connect Automatically to Wireless Network in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Connect Automatically to Wireless Network in Windows 10 When you password key, and security information to be able to connect to a wireless network. This tutorial...