Windows 10: quality of sound output when I use the screen recording facility and WINDOWS + ALT + M in...

Discus and support quality of sound output when I use the screen recording facility and WINDOWS + ALT + M in... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; When I record a video using the camera app in windows 10 and a good microphone, the quality of sound output is excellent. When however I record the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by PAN MARKETOS, Jan 10, 2021.

1. quality of sound output when I use the screen recording facility and WINDOWS + ALT + M in...

When I record a video using the camera app in windows 10 and a good microphone, the quality of sound output is excellent. When however I record the screen using WINDOWS + ALT + R and also WINDOWS + ALT + M in order to comment on what appears on the screen, the quality of the sound is not satisfactory. Can you please help?

:)

PAN MARKETOS, Jan 10, 2021

2. Sound Recorder isn't Working!

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

To guide you In right direction we want to know:

-Are you using voice recorder or any other app to do so?

I would suggest you to try these methods and check if that helps:

Method 1:

Please run Recording Run Troubleshooter.

You may try to run the in-built Windows Recording Audio troubleshooter and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X..
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • On the left pane, click on View All.
    • Click on Windows Recording Audio to run the troubleshooter.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to use the sound recorder and check if you are able to record the sound.

• In the Windows Start screen, type “sound recorder”, then select Sound Recorder from the search results.
    • Try recording your voice through your microphone, then play it back. To do so, simply tap or click Start Recording, speak to the microphone, and then save the file so you can play the recording.

This will helps us to find out if the issue is with any online messenger like Skype or Windows.

I also suggest you to install the latest driver for Mic from the manufacturer’s website.

I also request you to refer the following link:

Sound Recorder app for Windows: FAQ

Sound Recorder app for Windows: FAQ

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Jan 10, 2021
  3. fireberd Win User
    Sound Quality

One thing that sticks out from looking at your "My Computer" specs. You list "ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)" which suggests you do not have the correct sound hardware driver. Your motherboard has Realtek sound and the first step is to install the Realtek sound drivers. My ASUS also came with Sonic Studio 2 which is a sound enhancement package. Check the ASUS install disc to see if you have something similar.

May not be a speaker problem.

fireberd, Jan 10, 2021
  4. quality of sound output when I use the screen recording facility and WINDOWS + ALT + M in...

Smittychat., Jan 10, 2021
Thema:

quality of sound output when I use the screen recording facility and WINDOWS + ALT + M in...

1. quality of sound output when I use the screen recording facility and WINDOWS + ALT + M in... - Similar Threads - quality sound output

2. My sound quality is permanently set to tape recorder quality, how can I fix this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My sound quality is permanently set to tape recorder quality, how can I fix this?: I use a steelseries bluetooth headset and have had a lot of trouble trying to fix this. My drivers say they are up to date when I attempt to update them, and the speakers on my laptop sound fine....
  3. Screen recording output cursed!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen recording output cursed!: When I record screen with Bandican, or any screen recorder it, doesnt output nicely.See the example video taken from Bandicam Screen Recorder.That is the video output, it is saved in .avi format, I tried it with .mp4 too, but it doesn't work! Please help. It used to work...
  4. Screen recording output curser!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen recording output curser!: When I record screen with Bandican, or any screen recorder it, doesnt output nicely.See the example video taken from Bandicam Screen Recorder.That is the video output, it is saved in .avi format, I tried it with .mp4 too, but it doesn't work! Please help. It used to work...
  5. Sound Quality using Bluetooth

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound Quality using Bluetooth: Hi, the sound quality on my laptop is very poor when using Bluetooth. If I plug the laptop directly in the speech and sound is absolutely fine, but if I try and use the headphones using Bluetooth the quality is very poor. For example, when speaking using the Bluetooth...
  6. Microsoft Teams Sound Output Quality

Microsoft Teams Sound Output Quality: Hey Everyone! Need a little insight here. Hoping someone can help. Every sound app, web app, collaboration app, we launch in Windows 10 Enterprise that supports some kind of sound output sounds great! Nice and loud! Microsoft Teams is the only application with poor sound...
  7. Sound Quality Drop After using HDMI Output

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sound Quality Drop After using HDMI Output: Not sure why or what is happening but I have noticed that after using an HDMI out the quality of sound accross the board on my laptop is very bad. bass becomes distorted and becomes very "tinny". I have to shut down the laptop and keep it off for a minute. only after that...
  8. No sound when recording

No sound when recording: How do I get my external speakers to work when I'm recording from line-in? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-sound-when-recording/cb524f1e-618b-40fa-99f6-b15f9bc90eae
  9. Microphone quality when streaming/recording

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microphone quality when streaming/recording: Hello, for the past week I've been trying to find a fix online and nothing worked. I have a problem with my microphone quality when in my videos or when I am streaming. It seems like when there is no gameplay or desktop audio, my microphone audio sounds perfectly fine but...
  10. Screen/Sound Quality

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen/Sound Quality: Hi, I recently purchased the Acer Swift 3 SF315-41 with Ryzen 7 2700U, 256gb storage, 8gb ram and Radeon Vega 10. IPS screen, unfortunately glossy I know, but I couldn't find anther decent looking/feeling machine with metal chassis under £550 with the same or similar specs....