Windows 10: quarantine folder for win defender

Discus and support quarantine folder for win defender in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, windows defender has deleted one of my files. How can I recover it? Thank you.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by mech-tech, Dec 27, 2018.

1. mech-tech Win User

quarantine folder for win defender

Hello, windows defender has deleted one of my files. How can I recover it?

Thank you.

:)

mech-tech, Dec 27, 2018

2. Windows Defender is missing Restore Button for Quarantined Threats

It wasn't listed under "Quarantined Threats", but was listed in "See full history" as quarantined. It has been about 2 hours
    and now it is listed under "Quarantined Threats" which now shows the Restore or Delete options. Something must be causing
    a delay in listing the quarantined file under "Quarantined Threats" after they have been found and quarantined by Defender.

Crawdaddy1999, Dec 27, 2018
  3. Where are the files that windows defender quarantines?

Where are the files that Windows Defender quarantines? I turned on the computer and Defender said a file was dangerous. I clicked the option to Allow the file but it was quarantined anyway. In Defender I can see that it was quarantined and I clicked Restore
    but the file was not restored. So I clicked Allow but it still was not restored and now there is no option for restoring the file. In other words Restore and Allow options do not function which is why I am asking this question. Hide hidden files is disabled
    and I am searching with administrator privileges: There is only one folder in C:\Program Files\Windows Defender. And that folder is named en-US and there is nothing in there like a quarantined file. Sorry for posting this other information but this question
    has been asked repeatedly elsewhere but doesn't get answered because too many people for some reason suggest things like use the Restore option etc. I am not asking for that. I need this file badly. I'd greatly appreciate it if someone could tell me where
    Windows Defender stores files that it quarantines? Thank you.

Fred whoever, Dec 27, 2018
  4. msplace Win User

Same malware detected by Win 10 Defender repeatedly & quarantined repeatedly

This situation is increasingly troubling. For about a month, Win 10 Defender has been notifying me every few days it has detected & removed malware. When I open Defender for details, it lists either Rogue:JS/TechBrolo.A or Rogue:JS/TechBrolo.E and I find
    it hasn't actually removed the malware, but quarantined it. I don't understand what is being done when malware is "quarantined" or why Win 10 doesn't remove it. It is strongly recommended in Defender that I do so, but I have to check the box and click Remove.
    Which I do. I've also scanned offline, done quick scans and one full scan, none of which turned up anything.

Why is Win 10 quarantining but not removing it? Is there any way of indicating to Defender not to allow any file with string Rogue:JS/TechBrolo in the file name? Defender says it is a Trojan Horse type. Since it is repeatedly directed at my PC and I assume
    sits there until Defender finds and at least quarantines it, am I at risk between Defender scans? Or does "Real Time" protection mean that risk doesn't exist?

I'm puzzled too at the file name. I would think malware would have innocuous sounding or highly technical seeming names. "Rogue" and "Tech" together ... might just as well name the file LethalMalware.

msplace, Dec 27, 2018
Thema:

1. quarantine folder for win defender - Similar Threads - quarantine folder defender

2. Unable to access 'Quarantine' or 'Scans' folder in Windows Defender Folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to access 'Quarantine' or 'Scans' folder in Windows Defender Folder: Hi all, I had Windows Defender pick up a Trojan from a file I downloaded, which I quarantined. However Defender now tells me 'Remediation Incomplete'"Detected: Trojan:Script/Wacatac.H!mlStatus: FailedThis threat or app might not be completely remediated."There are no further...
  3. Unable to access 'Quarantine' or 'Scans' folder in Windows Defender Folder

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to access 'Quarantine' or 'Scans' folder in Windows Defender Folder: Hi all, I had Windows Defender pick up a Trojan from a file I downloaded, which I quarantined. However Defender now tells me 'Remediation Incomplete'"Detected: Trojan:Script/Wacatac.H!mlStatus: FailedThis threat or app might not be completely remediated."There are no further...
  4. Unable to access 'Quarantine' or 'Scans' folder in Windows Defender Folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Defender Quarantines WinAero Tweaker

Defender Quarantines WinAero Tweaker: I've had WinAero Tweaker on my laptop for 8 months yet Defender has now decided to quarantine it. Why has it done this after such a long delay? I downloaded the software from the supplier's site and did a virus scan on the file at the time. [img] 154027
  6. Windows 10 1809 - Win Defender Quarantine - Files are deleted?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 1809 - Win Defender Quarantine - Files are deleted?: Hello, I have a SCCM installation (current branch) and Windows 10 1809 deployed. As i started to prepare this network almost from scratch, the Endpoint Protection was centralized with Windows Defender and SCCM Endpoint Protection policies. Everything is working as expected,...
  7. Quarantine Threats in Windows Defender

Quarantine Threats in Windows Defender: I am new to windows 10. I have windows defender. It shows threats were quarantined. I need to know where to go from there. When I click on threat quarantined it asks do you allow changes to this device. [Original Title: windows defender]...
  8. No Quarantine in Windows Defender?

No Quarantine in Windows Defender?: I installed Windows 10 1903 and noticed in the Windows Defender settings that the Quarantine section has been removed. Where would I find the Quarantine within Windows Defender in 1903? 137937
  9. Malwarebytes Quarantine and Windows Defender

Malwarebytes Quarantine and Windows Defender: I accidently clicked on an dubious site looking for info I was told smartscreen wasn't working but the items had been stopped from entering folders . This was great , I ran the free version of Malwarebytes and it found 4 Items , they turned out to be PUPs and were put in...
  10. Where is Defender setting to Quarantine - in Win 1703

Where is Defender setting to Quarantine - in Win 1703: In Windows 1607 Windows Defender had a way to set how to handle detections and I could set two bottom lines to Quarantine rather than Recommended setting, which probably meant delete. In Windows 1703 - I cannot find where such setting is made. I think I looked through every...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 defender quarantine folder

2. windows defender antivirus quarantine folder location

3. windows 10 defender quarenteen folder location

4. how do i access quarentine in windows defender,
  5. microsoft windows defeder quarantine directory,
  6. windows quarantine folder,
  7. windows defender av put files in quarantine,
  8. how to purge windows 10 defender quarantine folder,
  9. win 10 quarantine folder,
  10. windows defender QUARANTINE ONLY SHOWS DONT ALLOW,
  11. Windows Defender Windows 10 Quarantine,