Windows 10: Quarantined Threats

Discus and support Quarantined Threats in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Why can't I remove all quarantined threats and clear all history at once in windows 10?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by WayneMcDonald_842, Oct 7, 2018.

1. Quarantined Threats

Why can't I remove all quarantined threats and clear all history at once in windows 10?

:)

WayneMcDonald_842, Oct 7, 2018

2. Windows Defender is missing Restore Button for Quarantined Threats

It wasn't listed under "Quarantined Threats", but was listed in "See full history" as quarantined. It has been about 2 hours
    and now it is listed under "Quarantined Threats" which now shows the Restore or Delete options. Something must be causing
    a delay in listing the quarantined file under "Quarantined Threats" after they have been found and quarantined by Defender.

Crawdaddy1999, Oct 7, 2018
  3. quarantined threats

In the Windows Defender Security Center, the Quarantined Threats list on the Scan History page corresponds to the Quarantined Items page in the classic UI, and that list will display any items that have actually been quarantined,
    as well as provide the options to remove or restore any of those items – as we can see in this screenshot:

Quarantined Threats 8686d27f-54f5-439d-8412-be1278a2a283?upload=true.png

You can either click on the Remove all button or click on a down arrow in order to display the option buttons for an individual threat. But remember that the recommended action can sometimes be wrong when a harmless file is quarantined
    by mistake (a false positive), and that's the reason why threats are quarantined rather than removed automatically. The items in the Quarantine could be safely left there indefinitely; but they'll be automatically removed after 90 days, by default.

The number of days that the item is kept in the Quarantine can be reconfigured with this preference setting:

-QuarantinePurgeItemsAfterDelay

Specifies the number of days to keep items in the Quarantine folder. If you specify a value of zero for this parameter, items stay in the Quarantine folder indefinitely.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powershell/module/defender/set-mppreference?view=win10-ps

For example, to have quarantined items automatically removed after just a week, run this command at the Administrator PowerShell prompt:

Set-MpPreference -QuarantinePurgeItemsAfterDelay 7

GreginMich, Oct 7, 2018
  4. Quarantined Threats

quarantined threats

I have 4 quarantined threats , when I view history it does not give me the option of removal or restore Defender has caught and guaranteed the same threat 4 times in a two week period .

file: C:\Users\Darrell\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AC\#!001\MicrosoftEdge\Cache\07HDD329\FlashPlayer[1].hta

any suggestions ?

DarrellBenz, Oct 7, 2018
Thema:

Quarantined Threats

1. Quarantined Threats - Similar Threads - Quarantined Threats

2. need help fixing windows defender, have threats that i cant remove/quarantine

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    need help fixing windows defender, have threats that i cant remove/quarantine: as the tittle suggests need help removing these but they wont leave, i suspect they are removed but windows defender glitched out and is still showing me, when i do a scan it says no new threats were found in the notification bar but when i go into the app itself it says 2...
  3. need help fixing windows defender, have threats that i cant remove/quarantine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    need help fixing windows defender, have threats that i cant remove/quarantine: as the tittle suggests need help removing these but they wont leave, i suspect they are removed but windows defender glitched out and is still showing me, when i do a scan it says no new threats were found in the notification bar but when i go into the app itself it says 2...
  4. Window defender 10 keep saying threat trojan wont quarantine or remove history

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window defender 10 keep saying threat trojan wont quarantine or remove history: Window 10 defender wont remove trojan threat or quarantine keep going back to threat rebooted same thing tried everything keep saying same thing. Installed bought antivirus and it removed it went back to window defender and it says threat. Res can with bought antivirus no...
  5. Window defender 10 keep saying threat trojan wont quarantine or remove history

Window defender 10 keep saying threat trojan wont quarantine or remove history: Window 10 defender wont remove trojan threat or quarantine keep going back to threat rebooted same thing tried everything keep saying same thing. Installed bought antivirus and it removed it went back to window defender and it says threat. Res can with bought antivirus no...
  6. Window defender 10 keep saying threat trojan wont quarantine or remove history

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. restoring quarantined threat not doing anything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    restoring quarantined threat not doing anything: when i try to click the button under threat quarantined to remove the threat nothing happens i cant restore it other drop down menus in windows defender work, everything else works...
  8. restoring quarantined threat not doing anything

restoring quarantined threat not doing anything: when i try to click the button under threat quarantined to remove the threat nothing happens i cant restore it other drop down menus in windows defender work, everything else works...
  9. restoring quarantined threat not doing anything

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  10. I’m unable to remove or quarantine a threat on my system

I’m unable to remove or quarantine a threat on my system: I can’t remove or quarantine a virus threat on my windows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-unable-to-remove-or-quarantine-a-threat-on-my/7bc2af04-621d-47ea-ad47-4e40b3a635e7

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 windows security 2018 quarantined

2. windows 10 security quarantine restore with command

3. windows security threat quarentined

4. how to quarantine email security threats,
  5. windows defender delete quarantined threats fro cmd line,
  6. how to delete quarantined files in windows security 1903,
  7. quarantined threats windows 10 2018