Windows 10: Quarentined File Still In Folder

Discus and support Quarentined File Still In Folder in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Had a Windows Defender detection of a file this morning, It was a 1.4 mb file. it was quarentined, but the file is stil in the folder and now says it's... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by MrOctober, Jun 8, 2018.

1. MrOctober Win User

Quarentined File Still In Folder

Had a Windows Defender detection of a file this morning, It was a 1.4 mb file. it was quarentined, but the file is stil in the folder and now says it's 0 bytes. Is it safe just to delete the 0 bytes file?

:)

MrOctober, Jun 8, 2018

2. Windows 10 Quick Access: Folder & File Grouping (QA grouped by type, folder or file) ceased working

Actually, apologies, I spoke too soon, I rebooted (still had same issue which emerged after a Win10 crash this AM for unknown reason) then executed your suggestion (which to be clear for others was the following steps):

• Opened "File Explorer"
    • Went to View
    • Selected Options from toolbar
    • Selected Change Folder and Search Options - this opened Folder Options box
    • Selected View for View tab
    • in Folder Views box clicked on Reset Folder
    And voila, worked. Earlier try not sure why it did not work but after reboot (and with continued Quick Access issue) this worked.

WilliamFellows, Jun 8, 2018
  3. Moved a folder from another drive and rename and it still shows as the old folder name in certain places

Hi Nick,

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check the behavior.

• Create a new folder name it as 'My Videos'.
    • Now copy/cut and paste the contents which are in the folder "Videos", and delete the folder "Videos".
    • Now check the behavior.
    Please keep us updated with the status of the folder, to assist you further.

Regards,

Syed Abdul Jabbar, Jun 8, 2018
Thema:

Quarentined File Still In Folder

1. Quarentined File Still In Folder - Similar Threads - Quarentined File Still

2. Files gone but folders and subfolders still here

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Files gone but folders and subfolders still here: Hi,unfortunatelly i have saved quite a lot on my desktop. Today when I started my laptop, all of the older files were gone, but the folders were somehow still here, including subfolders. Newer files that I have worked on in the past few days are also still here. So is all the...
  3. Files gone but folders and subfolders still here

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files gone but folders and subfolders still here: Hi,unfortunatelly i have saved quite a lot on my desktop. Today when I started my laptop, all of the older files were gone, but the folders were somehow still here, including subfolders. Newer files that I have worked on in the past few days are also still here. So is all the...
  4. The File/Folder icon is still visible on the screen after deleting

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    The File/Folder icon is still visible on the screen after deleting: Hello Everybody,In my Windows 10 Home Edition, Today I found that even after deleting any file/folder, it still appears on the screen.I have to refresh the screen every time after which the file/folder icon disappears.Thanks & Regards,Hemant Menaria...
  5. Still can't delete my own files or folders..

Still can't delete my own files or folders..: Hi,After reading the many tips etc given in previous questions about permissions and deleting your own documents and folders and being told you need Administrator approval, i still can't delete anything from it...yet its a single owner computer, no other users on it and all...
  6. "neutron bomb": files all gone, but folders still present

"neutron bomb": files all gone, but folders still present: I have a problem with 1 of the very large folders >1 GB with many sub-folders, sub-sub-folders, etc. ALL the files in the entire folder were gone, while ALL the sub-folders, sub-sub-folders were still present.Since I had a backup, I did not lose many files.However, it was...
  7. Files Missing but Folders still there?

Files Missing but Folders still there?: So I have a folder where I keep all my documents, pictures and videos from my camera. Everything is gone except for the folders. So say I had a folder names Camera, in the folder I had different folders for the years, and then within those where the titles of what the...
  8. Restore windows, but keep files - still have the folders, but the files are all gone!!!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restore windows, but keep files - still have the folders, but the files are all gone!!!: My computer was freezing after a recent windows 10 update. I used the "Reset this PC" tool and checked "Keep my files". My desktop has several files I regularly work with and access, many PDF files. They all have the little One cloud icon. After the computer was reset, the...
  9. Windows 10 File & Folder Search Still Sucks

Windows 10 File & Folder Search Still Sucks: Windows 10 search is completely incompetent. Across multiple installations on multiple machines it consistently fails to find what I need, often blathering out nonsensical results unrelated to my search terms or blanking entirely, the progress bar hovering near completion...
  10. Deleted folder still appearing in File Explorer of Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deleted folder still appearing in File Explorer of Windows 10: I downloaded a file that created a folder in File Explorer. I extracted the files in it that I needed. I then deleted the folder. When I opened the File Explorer again, the folder still appeared. When I deleted it File Explorer indicated that the folder no longer exists....