Windows 10: Quck access automatically clears after every restart

Discus and support Quck access automatically clears after every restart in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; It means I stare into empty window when I click File Explorer... instead of what I have done recently. This started very recently. End of last month.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jerriy, May 5, 2021.

1. jerriy Win User

Quck access automatically clears after every restart

It means I stare into empty window when I click File Explorer... instead of what I have done recently. This started very recently. End of last month. Not sure if it's an app or an update or a Troubleshoot fix or whatever that somehow did something behind my back and changed my Quick access default setting. I thought it was CCleaner doing it in the background so I uninstalled that just to make sure. But to no avail. Nothing changed - my QA continues to auto-clear all "recent" stuff. Task scheduler is my next suspect but I dunno how to find the culprit (cause it's difficult what to look for if you don't even know the name of what you are looking for. I suspect it's a Microsoft fix that's behind it but Microsoft has it's own extensive Task Scheduler library, separate from all other apps that have something scheduled). So where do you even begin to look?

:)

jerriy, May 5, 2021

2. Clear Pagefile on Shutdown

I've been looking into clearing the pagefile, and I found the following steps at a somewhat dated webpage:
    1. In the registry editor, navigate to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management
    2. Set ClearPageFileAtShutdown to the REG_DWORD value of 1.
    3. Restart Windows.
    I'm just wondering whether those steps are still valid, and, if so, does clearing the pagefile work as advertised?

gregyurkon, May 5, 2021
  3. Quck Access bar is not working. Error "The docfile has been corrupted."

Original Title: Quck Access bar is not working.

The following error occurs when I pin any shortcut to Quick Access : "The docfile has been corrupted."

Priyam Bhatt, May 5, 2021
  4. Quck access automatically clears after every restart

Automatic Restart

We appreciate your response. We suggest that you turn on the automatic restart using command prompt. However, you need to access the
    Startup settings. On some Windows 10 computer, pressing
    F11
    once a computer boots up will bring the System Recovery menu. We suggest that you check if it's the same on your computer. Here are the steps on how to do so:

• Turn on your computer, then press F11 simultaneously.
    • If a blue screen with Choose an option shows up, click on
      Troubleshoot
    • Look for Advanced options, then click on Command Prompt.
    • On the command prompt, type this in "wmic RecoverOS set AutoReboot = True".
    • Once done, click the "X" at the top right of the screen.

Restart your computer and see if the issue persists.

We would appreciate it if you'd provide a screenshot of the command prompt.

We're looking forward to your feedback.

Carlos Tin, May 5, 2021
Thema:

Quck access automatically clears after every restart

1. Quck access automatically clears after every restart - Similar Threads - Quck access automatically

2. how to use new quck access to find photo folder ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to use new quck access to find photo folder ?: How do I access my ohoto file using the Quck Access.? It is cumbersome and I want to return to a simple click in ;photo folder https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-use-new-quck-access-to-find-photo-folder/5d7f19da-e538-4c07-a58c-aa07ee466c8a
  3. how to use new quck access to find photo folder ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to use new quck access to find photo folder ?: How do I access my ohoto file using the Quck Access.? It is cumbersome and I want to return to a simple click in ;photo folder https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-use-new-quck-access-to-find-photo-folder/5d7f19da-e538-4c07-a58c-aa07ee466c8a
  4. Settings reset after every restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Settings reset after every restart: For some time now my setting have been reset every time i power on my compuer. The main thing is my mouse settings. Every time i turn on the computer "Enhance pointer presicion" gets checked. The Pointer speed also get higher every time. Sometimes the vertical scrolling...
  5. Settings reset after every restart

Settings reset after every restart: For some time now my setting have been reset every time i power on my compuer. The main thing is my mouse settings. Every time i turn on the computer "Enhance pointer presicion" gets checked. The Pointer speed also get higher every time. Sometimes the vertical scrolling...
  6. Automatic Restart After Automatic Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Automatic Restart After Automatic Update: Dear Microsoft, I purchased Windows 10 Pro licenses for all of my computers so I could stop automatic updates and automatic restarts. Why do you insist on doing automatic updates and automatic restarts in spite of my choice to not do this? I did a Google search for...
  7. Entering automatic repair mode after every restart or shutdown

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Entering automatic repair mode after every restart or shutdown: Every time I reboot my PC or turn it on again after shutting down it goes into automatic repair and it will also randomly crashes and go to this. Once here it is stuck and constantly turns on and off for sometimes hours even after I troubleshoot I am entirely stuck.. somebody...
  8. Automatic update cleared data

Automatic update cleared data: I was on my brand new (2/11/2019) Lenovo laptop working with a 3rd party app. I had saved may work many times over 4 hours. I paused to take a phone call, but did hit save in my program. After 45 minutes I turned back to continue on my project and the screen was light blue...
  9. Automatic Restart Every 2 Minutes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Automatic Restart Every 2 Minutes: Hi All, About 5 days ago I received a BSOD but I cannot remember what it was for (It may have been a Power State Failure). I would get the BSOD and then the computer would restart. I uninstalled the latest Microsoft Update (I believe it was a Security update). BSOD...
  10. Limited Access After Restart

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Limited Access After Restart: So i was accessing the internet fine on my computer no more than an hour ago on the same network im on my laptop now with and then i restarted my computer and it give me limited access and i cannot connect to the internet. I reinstalled my wifi card driver and that didnt...