Windows 10: Query about Cortana

Discus and support Query about Cortana in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I interact with Cortana, the Start menu opens. Can I use it without opening Start?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ErinSmiths, Jun 19, 2019.

1. Query about Cortana

When I interact with Cortana, the Start menu opens. Can I use it without opening Start?

:)

ErinSmiths, Jun 19, 2019

2. windows 10 Cortana

Hi Carmentaylor,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to try to turn Cortana off and then try turning it on back and check. Refer to the steps below to turn Off and On Cortana:

• Open Cortana.
    • Click the hamburger button in the top left of the window.
    • Go to settings and click on off.
    • Follow the same steps to turn it on.
    • Check if issue persists.
    Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Thank you.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Jun 27, 2019
  3. Cortana isn't showing it animation

Hi Rifqi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Share this information to assist you better.

• What do you refer by "Cortana Animation"?
    I suggest you to check the settings in Cortana and make sure all settings is turned on.

Follow the steps:

• Type cortana and settings in search bar
    • Turn on all the settings listed.
    Your reply is very important to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information to assist you accordingly.

For further assistance, you can post your query in Microsoft Community.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Jun 27, 2019
  4. Query about Cortana

Cortana

Hi Richard,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.

I suggest you to try to turn Cortana off and then try turning it on back and check. Refer to the steps below to turn Off and On Cortana:

• Open Cortana.
    • Click the hamburger button in the top left of the window.
    • Go to settings and click on off.
    • Follow the same steps to turn it on.
    • Check if issue persists.
    For additional information on Cortana refer the link below and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-ie/windows-10/cortana-privacy-faq

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

ThofikhAhamad, Jun 27, 2019
Thema:

Query about Cortana

1. Query about Cortana - Similar Threads - Query Cortana

2. DaveM121 Independent Advisor Trying to reply to Query - System will not allow it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DaveM121 Independent Advisor Trying to reply to Query - System will not allow it.: I had a chat going:DaveM121 Need to make Universal edit to 10,000 image files on hard drive - remove spaces in title and change Q to q Now the system will not allow me to reply....
  3. DaveM121 Independent Advisor Trying to reply to Query - System will not allow it.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DaveM121 Independent Advisor Trying to reply to Query - System will not allow it.: I had a chat going:DaveM121 Need to make Universal edit to 10,000 image files on hard drive - remove spaces in title and change Q to q Now the system will not allow me to reply....
  4. Query regarding excessive storage usage by “Other Users”

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Query regarding excessive storage usage by “Other Users”: Dear Microsoft Support,I hope this message finds you well. I am writing to seek assistance with an issue I have encountered regarding my storage usage on my Asus laptop.Recently, I have noticed a significant increase in storage consumption attributed to "Other Users," which...
  5. Cortana only returns Bing queries and nothing else

in Cortana
    Cortana only returns Bing queries and nothing else: Hi I have recently updated to the Windows 2004 Build 19041.264 of windows with the new Cortana. Cortana now does not set reminders read calendar or anything else Cortana is supposed to do. All it does is retrun a Bing search on how to do said command. I do not use...
  6. Query related to changes in Cortana

in Cortana
    Query related to changes in Cortana: microsoft have taken tryping off cortana on windows 10,how can mute people or those with speech problems talk to contana when they have no voice. to talk .they sould be ashamed have they a problem with disabled people?????? or disabled people who have hearing problems??? If...
  7. Cortana responds "Sorry, I can't help with that." to every query. Why?

in Cortana
    Cortana responds "Sorry, I can't help with that." to every query. Why?: I have been having this issue since the 1st 20H1 build of windows 10 as Cortana has been moved to beta app. Whatever I ask except about my calendar, alarms or emails, it responds "Sorry, I can't help with that." It seems cortana is not accessing internet and addressing...
  8. Cortana only available as speech how can I type in a query

in Cortana
    Cortana only available as speech how can I type in a query: Cortana only available as speech how do I type in a query/question https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-only-available-as-speech-how-can-i-type-in/107049a5-86f9-4823-9b6f-5d9b9225a7ae"
  9. Cortana on invoke responds to some queries (what time is it) but silently fails on others...

in Cortana
    Cortana on invoke responds to some queries (what time is it) but silently fails on others...: I'm using cortana on an invoke. If I ask "cortana, what time is it?" I get the right answer. If I say "Cortana, play the latest news" or "Cortana, play piano music", I get silence. In both cases, these skills used to work fine. The first would usually play a...
  10. Cortana will not respond to queries

in Cortana
    Cortana will not respond to queries: Cortana pops up when I say "Hey Cortana" but when I speak to it more, it prompty shuts down, refusing to complete any queries. Things I have tried: 1. Turning Cortana speech on and off again 2. Configuring speech multiple times 3. Making sure that display and speech...